A little forum housekeeping

Chris

I'm strongly considering a little house keeping on the forums at the moment. It concerns mainly the GTA forums, but also possibly the gang forums. Just wanted to make sure there's no major opposition to anything I have planned.

First of all the modding forums. Currently, each of the major GTA games has a subforum for mod related discussion. This is fine, but has an inherit problem whereby there is nowhere to discuss modding in general, tools, help, etc. Or topics that cover multiple games, like IMG Tool for instance which covers the entire III era - members get confused as to where they're supposed to ask for help for that.

Having a dedicated forum for modding will solve this problem, and will also mean modding discussion is centralised and all in one place.

The subforums we currently have would simply be moved into this new dedicated forum, and remain there for game-specific modding topics/questions etc as they are now.

Next is our General GTA forum, which houses all discussion of all non-specific GTA stuff. At the moment, it's also being used as a place to discuss the next GTA. This is fine, however when we eventually learn about the next GTA it's going to be a pain in the ass having lots of topics in that forum, and to be honest, I think it's kind of cluttering up. I would make new forum for the next GTA. Moving all topics discussing it into it.

Once the final version of IPB3 is released, the layout of the forums will be cleaned up and revamped to fit in with the theme of the main site. It'll look even less cluttered then. I'll update everyone when that time comes.

• 3 months later...