Newer PoTD Photos?

I'm suggesting newer Picture of the Day (PotD) photos. They are boring and old, all seen-before. These photos are tiring to see and after 5 years, we are still showing San Andreas photos? How about some newer GTA IV photos to spark interest to the main page?

I usually go through the homepage atleast once a day to see the Picture Of The Day :lol:
Sometimes, I just head over to the homepage for the sake of the POTD :\
I don't really check the homepage apart from to see the new POTD as Sherman said above. ;)
I visit the homepage first also, sometimes the picture of the day, one of my pics was recently on :rolleyes: (I submited that almost a year ago)

A year old?!?

POTD is pretty popular isn't it? :)

These are all from this topic. I don't know if people prefer San Andrea photos or GTA IV photos, but when new visitors come, why not give them what they want and give them GTA IV related stuff? That's one reason why the main banner was changed...

Also, why not even add Chinatown Wars photos and/or tLaD photos?!?

To conclude, San Andreas has been around for 5 years, the majority of our visitors want GTA IV, and why not even Chinatown Wars and/or TLaD photos? Make the PoTD more interesting! :awesome:

I believe there's still a massive queue of pictures to go up. Last time I heard there was about a 6-month queue, so pictures submitted in October would be showing around now.

Only Chris can approve pictures, but if you all go and submit some GTA IV pics, then I'm sure we can persuade Chris to get rid of loads of shit ones so that the IV ones show up soon.

Yeah, pretty much everyone submits SA pictures because they own SA. Compared to SA, very few people own a copy of IV and so we barely get any submissions.

And yes, more than one screen is uploaded everyday, and since we only choose one a day there becomes a backlog of photos. I do delete as many shit and "seen before" photos as possible but it's still not gonna massively speed things up. I'll go through now and see what I can get rid of, the backlog is of around 260 pics right now!

EDIT: Updated the page so now you can see how many are in the queue; http://www.thegtaplace.com/potd/

• 1 month later...

I've just tried to submit a POtd to your huge list to get through, but it would not let me do it, and kept telling me to enter a valid email address. I tried the address that I supplied upon registration, but still nothing....so here it is awww yea.

0a3c2b33445723.gif

Edited by BCkron