A way to lower the graphical usage?

Hello,

I have 2GB DDR2 RAM, 304MB VRAM and 128MB Graphical Memory and 210MB is being used by GTA IV while running.

Is there a way that I could lower the quality of the graphics. Perhaps a patch?

You probably dont even have the right pixel shader on your current video card, look in my profile at my picture. That was Godfather a few years back running on my shit pc. I didn't have the right pixel shader so the textures were white. now If you have a PCI express slot on your motherboard buy something like a ATI HD 3870 and maby another 1GB DDR2 ram.

if you dont know what a PCI-E slot looks like, open up your computer case. (make sure to uplug it and dont touch anything on the motherboard! For static discharge can damage the parts).

See if you something like this on your motherboard. Its a slot with a little hook on it.

pcie_lores_callouts.jpg

Then buy a video card like this one,

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=3670

Before you buy more RAM, make sure your motherboard supports it and that you have enough slots. You will also need a new processor. Hell, why not just buy a new PC?

My computer is fine, I recently purchased it.

It just has a 128MB video card.

I will be moving GTA IV onto an external drive also.

I also know the parts of the computer and what a PCI Slot is. I am also using a laptop.

I also know the parts of the computer and what a PCI Slot is. I am also using a laptop.

Just because you recently purchased it doesn't mean it's a good computer. You certainly won't run GTA IV on a 1.86GHZ Intel Pentium Dual Core. Not very well, anyway.

We assume that you don't know much about computers when you post the same thing in 3 different topics despite being told that your PC is nowhere near powerful enough to run GTA IV, due to the graphics card AND processor.

Edited by davesta

Just because you recently purchased it doesn't mean it's a good computer. You certainly won't run GTA IV on a 1.86GHZ Intel Pentium Dual Core. Not very well, anyway.

We assume that you don't know much about computers when you post the same thing in 3 different topics despite being told that your PC is nowhere near powerful enough to run GTA IV, due to the graphics card AND processor.

I have a very great understanding of Microsoft Windows and a good understanding of Visual Basic.

I will just change the stream.ini file from 204000 KB to 128000 KB

You still don't get it, do you?

You WON'T be running GTA IV on your computer, not in a million, billion, or even a trillion years. And just cause you have a great understanding on Windows and VB doesn't actually declare that you're going to get anywhere with GTA IV, and editing the files won't do any good either.

Buy yourself a new PC with a much better graphics card and processor, along with a good amount of RAM and other good parts. If not, then you won't be playing GTA IV on your PC. Simple as that unfortunately.

TM is quite right. Your operating system and your hardware are completely independent.

In case you need confirmation (before you post another topic asking the same question again) you will not be able to run GTA IV on that PC. EVER. No matter what you do to the game files.

You all do not understand. 1.80 GHZ is the minimum. I have 1.86 GHZ.

I only need a new graphics card or a downgrader patch to use less of the graphic card memory.

TM is quite right. Your operating system and your hardware are completely independent.

In case you need confirmation (before you post another topic asking the same question again) you will not be able to run GTA IV on that PC. EVER. No matter what you do to the game files.

You all do not understand. 1.80 GHZ is the minimum. I have 1.86 GHZ.

I only need a new graphics card or a downgrader patch to use less of the graphic card memory.

Minimum Requirements: 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo.

1.8GHz Core 2 Duo = ~ 2.6GHz Pentium-D

1.86GHz Pentium D = UNABLE TO PLAY GTAIV

This concept is similar to how the requirements call for a 2.4GHz AMD-Dual, and a 1.8GHz Core 2-D. The Core 2 is simply more efficient.

Edited by raybob95

He's right. A Pentium Duo is quite different to a Core 2 Duo.

And there's no such thing as a 'downgrader patch' which will allow you to play GTA IV with a 128MB graphics card. If the game ran with 128MB of video memory, then Rockstar would have allowed you to use a 128MB graphics card. It's as simple as that.

Edited by davesta