Are YOU An Artist?

drawing6ra.png

It took me a while, I used a little spraycan and I drew a bunch of circles on black paper. Tell me what you think :).

The first time you did this it was funny, but now it is just old and annoying.

Anyways my camera/the lighting really sucked. I have better pictures of these and more on my computer, but it is still out of order.

Here is a modified self portrait I never got around to finishing.

DSC01053.jpg

Two little drawing exercises.

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

And, two old negative space drawings.

DSC01066.jpg

The predecessor to the last one:

DSC01068.jpg

I thought it was funny, first time I saw it :P

I like your drawings, though Kelly. You go to a culinary school but you draw like really good ;D!

I paint better than I draw, and I can do wonders with food. Being art inclined really helps with making cakes, petit fours, and sugar/chocolate sculptures. I wanted to do something with art, but its hard to go anywhere with it, so I choose to make deserts where I can showcase my art, and eat it XD

http://www.imagelodge.net//imgs/rockstarrem/drawing6ra.png

It took me a while, I used a little spraycan and I drew a bunch of circles on black paper. Tell me what you think :).

Thanks for your straight up opinion that's meant to piss me off, appreciate it.

Quite frankly, I found it starting to get bothersome by the second SOTW.

And no offense, but most of the stuff in here looks traced. You can make Master Chief look like that, yet you fuck up that bad on the wheels? Really?

A hueg study of a skull we did in art class. (like > A1)

It's not a tonal study, so there's no shading whatsoever, which results in the nose looking severely crappy. Also, it wasn't an actual skull, one of the mannequin bitches on wheels you use for anatomic studies, so that line across his head is still there, since I used it for reference. Looks like he has a bandana, though. :P

Apologies for shitty light level / contrast aswell.

post-7823-1237388461_thumb.jpg

Don't have any more with me, most of my shit is mixed media, and a pain in the ass to get home from college.

LC : I thought girls don't [or don't like to] do such stuff. But your work is :wub:

My father is an artist. When I was little and he pulled out his supplies I would sit across the room from him and draw. That and gardening were the only quality time we really spent together. I grew up drawing all the time. When my parents got divorced and I lived with my mother I took many art classes in high school so I could send him my work. It was my way of keeping him with me.

My mother really wanted me to go to an art college in Tennessee, but once you have to do it for a living like that it is no longer any fun. The passion gets sucked out of you. So I went to culinary school instead, where I can use my art skills, make money, and still have fun.

l_69e6c18aaa104d988a4d4579d225c578.jpg

l_b74f3c2cf2564e74bbc756ebbfea72a7.jpg

This one was made during a power grid failure ...

l_8c934f42a20d47dbac76ec4910c01785.jpg

l_4a2d253e7dc8481ba9161a32fb9e69c4.jpg

Wish I could have one of those, which are now in someones tummy or even reached sewage :(

.....but once you have to do it for a living like that it is no longer any fun. The passion gets sucked out of you.

Agreed from head to toe. I myself wouldn't have been drawing things had it been for earning.

Well I did a GCSE in Art, so you could call me something towards an Artist. I can draw, not that great at water paints anymore, pretty good at Oil Pastels and a bit of Artist Colouring Pencils. I'm not truly interested in Fine Art anymore, I have some interest in Digital Art, and at some point graphics comes into it. So atm, even though I'm doing a strong ICT based subject, I also try to do some drawings whenever I can.

And that's some yummy food there Chesnut. :P