EARTHQUAKE IN MELBOURNE

macorules94

lol, I remembered when I was in school around november 2007 and a small earthquake happened, the funny thing is that some are crying while i was laughing or something and some of my classmates sleeping during the class never knew that an earthquake happened.

Here, we're not often subject to earthquakes but if I remember correctly, there was an earthquake in Kent (near London) recently. Every place has had and will have an earthquake, it's one of those things we can't control and unlike hurricanes, we can't predict when the next earthquake will be and where.

I remember the earthquake in Kent/Essex. I stayed alseep through out the whole thing. Earthquakes happen everyday all other the world, we just don't feel them. The major ones are usually on the boundaries of a tetonic plate.

LOL. Weirdly that's the one I was awake for. The one I missed was the one in Coventry which is so much closer to me than Essex, can't believe I slept through it. I know they're tiny in the UK but because we never ever get them it's kind of a big deal.

Weird to hear about one is Australia too.

I remember the earthquake in Kent/Essex. I stayed alseep through out the whole thing. Earthquakes happen everyday all other the world, we just don't feel them. The major ones are usually on the boundaries of a tetonic plate.

Agreed. Those countries near boundaries experience strong earthquakes, as well as countries along the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Poor Victoria. They're bearing the brunt of all of these natural disasters. Well, I suppose Queensland is taking one for the team by letting old Hamish (cyclone) have a go at them, but what the fuck is next though? It's like we've been spared years of natural disasters to have them all thrown at us in one big barrage of shit.

Hmm. I hope nothing is on it's way to old Adelaide or Hobart. :P

When I first read your post Earthbound, I thought poor Victoria? What has happened to me? I'm silly.

It does seem like Australia is having the the hard time recently. In the UK, we rarely get anything. Maybe a bit of snow, but that stops the whole country. I laughed when I saw there was a documentry about the snow in the UK. We did have a hurricane once, I remember my Mum saying she slept through the whole thing and the weatherman saying the day before that weather is going to be clear.

In Europe in slovenia we didn't have any snow for five years, but this year it is all difrent story, the traffic has stoped for like 4 hours and it didn't stoped snowing for 3days, and than things get better next week and then last week it snow again LOL it is almost summer here in Slovenia temperatur is so high (for me i don't know for others).

Sory for my bad english

The earth constantly goes through stages of cooling and warming. Everybody nowadays are all complaining about the amount of CO2 humans have created. Yes, we should cut down but in NO WAY are we the cause of climate change. When the dinosaurs were roaming the earth the level of CO2 was something like 3 times what it is now (can't remember if that is what it was, can't remember where I read it). That is WAY more than what Al Gore and the rest are bitching about and that is in a COMPLETELY natural world free from human intervention, and they lived for hundreds of millions of years.

It had something to do with the amount of volcanoes constantly spewing toxins I think the article I read said.

Thats very true, when the Earth was first created, it was covered with volcanoes, spewing toxic chemicals. So the Earth was mainly a CO2 atmosphere, it was the algae that changed it into Oxygen. So I don't overelly believe Global Warming, even though I don't think the amount of green house gases is good for the planet.