This ad kills my computer.

There is this ad Flash banner on this forum that make my comptuer freeze and come to a crawl. I'm thinking the person who made that ad must be a idiot. Because I have a Phenom Quad core and 4Gb ram and this thing kills my computer. :rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting anything can be done about it from the site owner here. just thought I'd bitch about it. lol

0annoying.jpg

We had to update our ad codes the other day so I'm guessing that's why we've been having these new ads that seem to pop in to the entire screen if you accidentally rollover them. Unfortunately we're required to display them because of our hosting agreement which gets us a fully dedicated server to ourselves.

I'll send off an email about it and see if there's some problem in the flash code for particular banners that that particular vendor can fix so if the ad is displayed it'll be normal. Thanks for notifying us about this. If there are any others that are slowing your systems down post them in here. Screenshots would help too.

I have RightMedia account in the yeildmanager too with Globalinteractive. Probably nothing you can do about it if you contact your account manager. There really isn't any editorial control for the publisher. Hopefully there impressions run out and the banner creative goes away. Seriulsy they should check those things before putting them out. Using 100% cpu for little flash banner is great way to annoy people.

but...im using it too, and no ads show up at all on the front page. or any page.

pwease a to be expwaining ?

because i too am a webmaster and i wouldnt want people using ad blockers on my website, so i dont use ad blockers on certain sites

but...im using it too, and no ads show up at all on the front page. or any page.

pwease a to be expwaining ?

because i too am a webmaster and i wouldnt want people using ad blockers on my website, so i dont use ad blockers on certain sites

I'm a webmaster too and wouldn't like it either.

You, sir, are an idiot. :/

Okay.

Edited by Sabin