Why does Vista suck?

Damjan

LMAO last year before the new years I downloaded a Vista Inspirat theme on my Windows XP Dell Inspirion. :( So when ever I go on something else other than IE or Firefox it crashes ( MS Word , Media Center , etc.) anyone know how to get the theme off? I can't delete it.

yeah thats dodgy. i got it and it wouldnt install properly. then , i would go to press shutdown and nothing happened...so i had to turn it off by holding the power button...

the only way i could fix it is by running the recovery program on my laptop (has recovery partition - ghost image of laptop as it was when i first got it), i had to backup all my stuff to a external hd and then install half the stuff again...so annoying. ive never bothered with vista themes again.

I have XP x86, and I love it in every way possible. Looks great, fast, etc.

I've only used Vista once, on my friend's PC to defragment it, and was quite dissapointed by there not being the normal drive space graph. Kinda left a bad taste in my throat, but if it's just that one thing, I can get over it.

When I get Vista, I will definetly be using the classic theme. I'm using it on XP now, and I think it looks great. It'd probably run a bit faster than the aero theme anyway......

Oh, can Vista run in 24-bit color, or will I have to use 16 because my monitor can't handle 32?

LMAO last year before the new years I downloaded a Vista Inspirat theme on my Windows XP Dell Inspirion. :( So when ever I go on something else other than IE or Firefox it crashes ( MS Word , Media Center , etc.) anyone know how to get the theme off? I can't delete it.

yeah thats dodgy. i got it and it wouldnt install properly. then , i would go to press shutdown and nothing happened...so i had to turn it off by holding the power button...

the only way i could fix it is by running the recovery program on my laptop (has recovery partition - ghost image of laptop as it was when i first got it), i had to backup all my stuff to a external hd and then install half the stuff again...so annoying. ive never bothered with vista themes again.

Funny, Works fine on my Pc, been using it from the past 6 months I guess haven't had a problem so far.
Kinda left a bad taste in my throat
Lol'd, So your the Ray bob they talk about.

Funny, Works fine on my Pc, been using it from the past 6 months I guess haven't had a problem so far.

well i knew something was up with mine, the installer kept freezing and the only way to make it progress was to end process >.< . i has nvidia transparency anyway lol :P

What?

Yeah it doesn't. People who say it does are either just sheep following a crowd, or quite often they happened to try a beta version of it (those did suck, lacked drivers etc.) and believe the final build is exactly like that, which it isn't.

A common complaint is the fact is that it uses more resources, memory/space etc., than XP. Which is kind of a given though, it has more stuff so of course it will. If you have a low end system then yes, XP is probably a better option, it doesn't mean Vista sucks, it just means you need better hardware to run it properly.

All operating systems have legitimate reasons why they "suck", Vista just got more stick because 1. It's by Microsoft, and 2. It was rushed and it could've been a better product.

Fucking right. I love Vista, if you have an average or good PC you can run it without a problem, it doesn't suck... AT ALL.

Got Mamma Kitty a new PC for Christmas, a Compaq w/ onboard N-Vidia & AMD Athlon X2 64 & 3 Gig of RAM, For

the most part she likes it although the games that came w/ actually run slower than the on-line versions. :wtf:

I remember hearing about an "Aero" interface, do one of you Vista guys know how to shut that off.

As for me, my XP Pro machine works just fine & I'm a firm believer of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" & I'm not a big

fan of MS wanting to make me upgrade my OS every couple years. Seriously, they get the bugs sorted & it works

just on time to be obsolete. I can see why people decide to get Apples, according to their reps at Best Buy, new

Apples are compatible to older software (I know, it's their job to sell new computers, still, MS is just helping them).

Eventually, I'll have no choice & w/ any luck Windows 7 will be sorted. When that happens, you guys should be easy

to find.

I remember hearing about an "Aero" interface, do one of you Vista guys know how to shut that off.

Sure, just go into the control panel, make sure you're in Classic View so all the options are shown -> appearance and personalisation -> customize colors -> Click on "open classic appearance properties..." and then just select an alternative from the color scheme dropdown, Vista Basic would be fine.

Well yeah. Turn off all of Vista's "security features" because although they probably do their job quite well, they're a pain in the ass to people like me who actually know wtf they're doing on their PC.

Sigh sigh sigh..

My computers in my house:

My moms: WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

my laptop: windows vista >:)[home edition i think]

My computer: WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION = thats me.

Windows 98' edition = PWNAGE.

windows 2000 mellineuim edition = MEH.

me = NERD

Well yeah. Turn off all of Vista's "security features" because although they probably do their job quite well, they're a pain in the ass to people like me who actually know wtf they're doing on their PC.

Sigh sigh sigh..

My computers in my house:

My moms: WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

my laptop: windows vista >:)[home edition i think]

My computer: WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION = thats me.

Windows 98' edition = PWNAGE.

windows 2000 mellineuim edition = MEH.

me = NERD

Windows 98 is a huge pile of fail and anger. Windows ME probably sucked harder, I don't know, I never had the displeasure of using it. I LOVED Windows 2000, though((those aren't the same, BTW)). Windows XP MCE is working fine for me.

Here's my Experience:

Windows 95: Fucking Socked Mother Cock.

Windows 98: Had it for 7 years, loved it. Never used Second Edition, though.

Windows 2000: Never used it.

Windows ME: Fucking Sucked Mother Cock, but better than 95.

Windows XP before SP2: Really wasn't that great.

Windows XP SP2 and SP3: Both are AWESOME, but SP3 seems a little slower.

Windows XP 64-bit: Hated it, no support.

Windows Vista 64-bit: Decent OS, not much support troubles, but for people who know about PC's, all the auto-stuff is pretty annoying.

Windows 7 Beta: Used it for 3 hours, and all I remember is how I hated the new desktop configuration and taskbar.

Edited by raybob95

Thanks for the headsup Chris, Mamma Kitty will appreciate the info.
Windows 98 is a huge pile of fail and anger....

I think I got along best w/ 98 SE, never had BSD & it always worked for me. In all fairness, I didn't do any internet

back then, just played games & ripped/burned a few music CDs.

That's what I had. Had frequent BSOD's, and CONSTANT((read: HOURLY)) "Illegal Operations". Fucking. Hated. That.

Yes, but there's a boring and fucked up one. UAC.

Well, for those who don't know how to deactivate, go to Control Panel, User Accounts, UAC (or something, mine is in Portuguese, etc.), click Disable and Apply. Then restart your PC.