Niko Bellic's Backround

Ok, so after about 4 hours of yelling at my school 2 of my friends say he's russian, and i say that he is a Mix of Bosnian and Serbian.

My thoughts are that, He speaks the mix of the languages, I CAN UNDERSTAND IT, Parents are Croatian, Very close Language, And he says "The boys from the village" And i did some bad things in the war for bad people, He's Talking about the YugoSlavia break up 10 years ago(presuming the game is based in 2008)

So, IS he a Russian or a Mix of Bosnian/Serbian?

EDIT: and yes, I am fully aware that there was probably a topic but i want to make it clear to me.

Edited by Wheelman101

• 3 months later...

Ok, so after about 4 hours of yelling at my school 2 of my friends say he's russian, and i say that he is a Mix of Bosnian and Serbian.

My thoughts are that, He speaks the mix of the languages, I CAN UNDERSTAND IT, Parents are Croatian, Very close Language, And he says "The boys from the village" And i did some bad things in the war for bad people, He's Talking about the YugoSlavia break up 10 years ago(presuming the game is based in 2008)

So, IS he a Russian or a Mix of Bosnian/Serbian?

EDIT: and yes, I am fully aware that there was probably a topic but i want to make it clear to me.

hes actully serb.theres a movie of him and i hav it and its called behind enemys line.and its about the bosnian war and like the serbs are like trying to take over the town. so yeaa hes serbian :)

• 5 months later...

It's very clear that he is from the Balkan and that he was in a war. His crimes were also based in the Balkan and his last name 'Bellic' originates from either Serbia, Croatia or Bosnia however he speaks Serbian. Roman also speaks Serbian as he states at the start of the game when Niko asks him about his English and Roman responds with "Not as bad as my Serbian". I am sure Niko and Roman are from the Balkan however it is not stated which country they are from. The name 'Bellic' may not contain the double letters in the originating language. Niko may have laos been in the Yugoslavia war or the most recent Kosovo War.

Edited by Guest

i red hes from europe

serbian and yugoslavian

Yes, that's correct. It's most definite that he's from the Balkan or directly Yugoslavia or what was Yugoslavia.