What is your PC?

Husky

I had mine built in February 2008, with me doing the configuration (I configured it so often that my PC blows in performance :P). It has an ECS 671T-M3 board, a Pentium Dual @ 1.8Ghz, 1GB RAM, and an 80GB hard disk. It came with a 7300LE, and I replaced it with an 8400GS a few months ago...

Runs GTA IV like crap, and a couple of other games on decent settings...

And here's a pic of it in action:

34s5fgi.jpg

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Processor: Intel Core2Quad, 24Ghz

RAM: 3GB

GFX Card: Asus nVidia GeForce 8500GT EN (512MB, overclocked to the core and memory max)

Windows Vista Scores and subscores:

Base: 5.1

Subscores:

Processor: 5.9

Memory: 5.4

Graphics (Aero Performance): 5.1

Graphics (Gaming): 5.2

Hard Drive Performance: 5.8

I customised mine from Dell like three years ago so it's pretty out of date. At the time it was good but yeah. And people that bash Dell for no apparent reason should kill themself, they're fine if you reinstall the operating system.

Anyway, all I have to say is don't get a Mac. If you like the operating system either kill yourself or install it on another computer other than an iMac or one of those shit all in one things, or just install Linux which owns the fuck out of Mac's and runs on basically the same kernel. Mac stole it etc.

I customised mine from Dell like three years ago so it's pretty out of date. At the time it was good but yeah. And people that bash Dell for no apparent reason should kill themself, they're fine if you reinstall the operating system.

Anyway, all I have to say is don't get a Mac. If you like the operating system either kill yourself or install it on another computer other than an iMac or one of those shit all in one things, or just install Linux which owns the fuck out of Mac's and runs on basically the same kernel. Mac stole it etc.

What if I enjoy CAD, heavy video processing, etc? Fuck your Windows. And Mr. Gates bought DOS and then made it obsolete, I think that's a little worse than what Apple did.

Erm, yes.

I'd get a Mac but I find their computers too expensive, for the equivalent you can get for a Windows PC with better parts. I did my homework and found out what was best for me.

But like Spaz said, Mac's are good if your using all the Apple software e.g: Final Cut Studio etc.

Edited by Mpilk901

LOL I love how quickly you turned this into a Mac vs PC debate.

Rem, what do you Mac stole unix kernel? That's one of the reasons why OS X is so good because it's based off Unix, just like Linux is.

And yeah Mac's are more expensive, they can get away with it though due to their amazingly good design and all that stuff. Also, chances are a Mac isn't suitable for you if you use this forum, because chances are, you're a gamer.

OS X owns for video/image processing/manipulation etc. and also website management

In a lot of professional music production situations, I've seen they were using Mac's, because they're good at that...?

We have them at school in the graphics room, they do pretty much whatever we need and if we need to use a program(2D Design, for the laser cutters and stuff) that will only work on Windows, we just use an emulator.

Anyway, I have(since 2002-3) an Advent 3000 Series, it's not the best, but it does what I need, runs SA, records, etc...

I just got an HP nc8000 laptop a few weeks ago, it's decent for recording drums and browsing the interwebs and is pretty fast considering it's age, as with my desktop, runs faster than a lot of my mates PCs, that are much newer..

Edited by Twisted

Just for fun here are my school's new PC's:

Dell OptiPlex 755:

DVD-RW Drive

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 (?) @ 2.33 GHz

2GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2100 GPU

DVI LCD Monitor @ 1280x1024

XP Professional

Didn't look at the HDD, but the PC's they bought last year were 80GB, and they were OptiPlex 745s.

lol mac have fun with no games :P

Because there's totally nothing to use computers for except gaming, right?

LOL, hate to this say this, but great point. :P