Happy Birthday ?

Little_Chestnut

Well, I guess you could say that would do something, but erm, won't that mean that your PM area will get flooded with PMs as well? I think leave it as it is, because really, even though there's been alot of birthday topics recently, it just makes the Lounge more based on those types of topics. But then again, PM is still a nice idea, I just prefer seeing a topic, cause sometimes I just don't feel like scrolling down to see who's birthday it is. But you do have a point though, I think PM does mean you do care, plus if someone does care, at least you know that they're legitimate about caring for your birthday.

But then again, some people have stuff to share in the topics (Pics, Info on how their birthday went), sending it to a majority of the people would just become a pain (Obviously Carbon Copy is available, but you can't CC alot of people, I think). We could also just post most of these topics in the Forum Fun and Games section, seems suitable there as birthdays are meant to be "Fun". Plus it could stop idiots from raising their post counts.

You do have a point though, I guess with all these birthday topics popping up this week, it should eventually come to a low-down later on next week, hopefully. :P

Edited by TM™

Pictures can be posted in the post your pictures topic .... if Chris decides to reopen it <_< What would it matter that your PM box is flooded with birthday wishes? That is something to be happy about and that you can just delete when you have acknowledged them.

At the very least I do agree with the fun and games idea. The birthday topics in the lounge have just been getting simply out of hand, and most people post in them just to make their e-penis bigger.

With the amount of members we have we would be lucky if the birthday topics ever die down.

Chestnut, I like your idea but it's just with a topic everyone can post in it, it's kind of more convenient... no one's ever had a problem with it before as far as I know, and to me it doesn't really seem like it's being flooded, I think it's an appropriate section for that type of topic, so if there's 100 birthday topics in a row I think it would be fine. But that's just my opinion.

Also, lol: http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22394

Haha, mah bad. I thought Slyde was just being a loser with no friends who had to wish himself a happy birthday. I honestly don't read anything that starts with "Happy Birthday" anymore.

Topic completely irrelevant then :awesome:

Yeah that's what i do too.

But the title topic did help me find some losers though.

Hmmm...not sure if anyone suggested this, but why don't we just make one big as B-day topic for all birthdays? Make a new one each year or something.

I did, in Slyde's Happy Birthday to Me topic.

I don't see why there can't be one huge topic either. No one has to be neurotic about it and constantly rearrange posts so that if God forbid someone posts a happy bday to someone two days late and someone else is currently getting some love.

On this other forum I'm a member of there is one huge ass bday topic and it works fine. When it's your bday, you check to see if people have posted about it, if not, you post a sarcastic sad post like "Happy Birthday to Me :(".

You don't need to have it perfect where every member mentioned in the topic is mentioned in order of their birthday. That seems ridiculous. You don't need one for each year either, people just need to check the birthdays at the bottom of the forum and the topic every now and then. It isn't really hard.

• 2 weeks later...