issue in "Luck of the Irish"

In "Luck of the Irish" I go to the roof to pick up the sniper rifle and get the "donk" sound like I've collected it but it remains in place uncollected. The map shows I still need to pick it up. I then switch to the one I have because I dialed a number to arm myself with one. :whistle: I then wait forever for something to happen with the drug deal and it never does. Packie never ends up in a fight. Is this because I've cheated my way to the sniper rifle earlier or am I missing something obvious/simple (entirely possible), like waiting longer than the ten minutes I've given it. If my cheating has blocked this mission how do I go back and complete it the right way?

The other thing I don't get is the tutorial on how to use the sniper rifle. So maybe I've hosed myself by dialing up the Sniper Rifle earlier in the game.

You may be having a different sniper rifle, when you go near the sniper on the roof press the button to switch weapons. Like when a baseball bat is on the ground a you have a knife I have to pick one of them.

I'm on XBOX 360, do you happen to know what button that is?

You may be having a different sniper rifle, when you go near the sniper on the roof press the button to switch weapons. Like when a baseball bat is on the ground a you have a knife I have to pick one of them.

I think its LB, anyways i cheated fr the sniper and i had no trouble with this mission... odd huh

I think its LB, anyways i cheated fr the sniper and i had no trouble with this mission... odd huh

yeah that is strange. I was actually hoping my cheating was the cause. I would hate to think there is an issue with my copy of GTA4. It's legal BTW

yeah that is strange. I was actually hoping my cheating was the cause. I would hate to think there is an issue with my copy of GTA4. It's legal BTW

yeah it was LB, doh!

I think it's just a bug, and a case of removing the rifle from your inventory before the mission starts. I doubt your copy is broken or anything.

as suggested by others I used LB to pick up the weapon, doh!

If you have the Combat Sniper, you'll have to press the LEFT BUMPER to switch. The "donk" sound is receiving the

ammo from the rifle.

That was it! Thanks. I love a mission where "camping" is allowed. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, you already have the rifle, when you go to the riffle from the roof, the donk sound it's 'made' by the bullets you pick up, you can press (L1) to replace the current weapon with another, so after you picked up the bullets or the rifle you have to walk to the opposite side on the roof, there's a arrow there, on the roof that when near her will trigger a cutscene, and then the massacre, to reload press O, to aim press L2, to zoom in/out push up/down the right stick(hope that make sense in english)!

• 2 weeks later...