Max Payne 3 fucking officially announced

Ivan

FUCK YEAH

"Rockstar Games announced today that Max Payne 3 is currently in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms, with a release date scheduled for Winter 2009.

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max Payne has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Payne finds himself trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed in a desperate search for the truth.

I still don't know if it'll be good without Remedy Games working on it but It's definitely the game I looks forward to the most atm, that and Alan Wake which is being produced by Remedy games.

Source: www.psu.com

The article also included this image large_max_payne_3_thumb_1.jpg

Edited by Ivan

:worship: R*

stsly now, I've been waiting for this like forever. Can't wait :dribble:

Anyone seen the official site? Max looks like a raging alcoholic who hasn't shaved in months. If I wouldn't know that's him I would said he's a different character.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer...521&popup=1

I really tried to compress the link :bashhead:

Edited by Gycu Brun X

lol Rems gonna have an orgasm, When is Paynekillers going up?

The latest Xbox World 360 echoes this US mag report, which claims that the shooter has been moved away from original Finnish developer Remedy (which is currently asleep on the job with Alan Wake) and handed to Rockstar Toronto, the studio responsible for The Warriors.

CVG

Also nice big pic someone posted on the Alan Wake forums.

u8tcpbt6tn2yaybszl9y.jpg

Looks like they are using the RAGE engine, the effect in the pic looks very similar to the ones used in Gta4.

Edited by EvoLuTioN

6 FUCKING YEARS! Never thought this day would cum, but now that its here Im just speechless... Thank you Rockstar. :R*:

BTW, Its being delevolped by R* Vancouver i think. :clapping:

Yes, Remedy is busy with Alan Wake, odd they can't seem to finish it once and for all.

They did told us "Max Payne's journey into the night continues" ... Still, a long night, 6 years. :))

I wasn't on about the fact they're Canadian, just that they did a horrible port of GTA IV to the PC... and are now thankfully finally getting round to adequately patching it up.

I've not played any games made by Vancouver so I don't know what they're like. I heard Bully was a great game but once again received horrible ports to the Xbox 360 or something like that. I don't know if they were responsible for that though.

"Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max Payne has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Payne finds himself trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed in a desperate search for the truth."

So does this mean that Max is no longer in New York? If so I wonder if it will be a fictional city.

And yeah its nice to see there might be some multiplayer this time!

Even though the producer is not the same I trust Rockstar won't disapoint us.

Sam Houser is the producer still if that's what you're saying, the developer is different.

Also, did anyone notice it says XBOX LIVE at the bottom? Holy shit...

My bad, that's what I meant, the developer.

I wouldn't really like a fictional city but if it still has that same dark feel then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but still a bit.

That's what we've just been talking about, because someone said Toronto earlier. But yeah, it's Vancouver doing it, not Remedy this time.

AFAIK, the only game they've done so far is the PS2 version of Bully, which I'm led to believe is actually a really decent game, so with that in mind I kinda trust them to do a good job with this. BTW, that article also confirms the PC release in addition to the consoles, which is good. Some of us thought it was just a console game before which would be weird.

BTW, check out all the job listings on http://www.rockstarvancouver.com/

Gives you an idea of what sort of things they're expecting to do in the game.

The Network Programmer position confirms the online capabilities for the game, it asks for experience with PLAYSTATION Network, Xbox LIVE and/or GameSpy. GameSpy servers are used by the PC version of GTA IV for those who aren't aware. I'd quite like to know more about where they're going with this. I guess the standard deathmatch mode will be there but what else?

Co-op campaign perhaps?