April 1: End of the Internet?

Vercetti Thug

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its similar to that DTV bullcrap with the " Your regular basic cable might cut off ". Then all of a sudden they delayed it. Then you see no more DTV commercials.

What? How is that a prank? DTV transition is really happening, it was just delayed due to the financial problems the world is having.

Strongest: AVG

Weakest: Norton/ McAfee

I don't think so, Tim

Its similar to that DTV bullcrap with the " Your regular basic cable might cut off ". Then all of a sudden they delayed it. Then you see no more DTV commercials.

What? How is that a prank? DTV transition is really happening, it was just delayed due to the financial problems the world is having.

Strongest: AVG

Weakest: Norton/ McAfee

I don't think so, Tim

Also, I forgot to say, Kaspersky and BitDefender go in the middle of my list.

P.S., those rating are from my experience, and my name is not Tim. ;)

Norton sucks. No wonder its free, cause noone (sane) would buy it. Complete and utter crap, and yes I tried it with updates. Oh and, on an unrelated note, I recently tried to mod my GTA Vice City with Ultimate Vice City and three times I had to send the same file to the AVG Virus Vault...weird.

Why would Kaspersky go in the middle? Did you even look at that link? It's clearly much better than AVG.

Also I know your name isn't Tim, it's a line from a TV show that you're too young to have seen I guess. :(

Again, these ratings are from MY experiences.

Partly (but not entirely) because AVG has a much better UI in my opinion.

Edited by raybob95

Why would Kaspersky go in the middle? Did you even look at that link? It's clearly much better than AVG.

Also I know your name isn't Tim, it's a line from a TV show that you're too young to have seen I guess. :(

Love that show. Getting old now that I have to see it every fucking night. FUCK YOU TV LAND.

Again, these ratings are from MY experiences.

Partly (but not entirely) because AVG has a much better UI in my opinion.

..... Because the UI is totally a really important part of virus protection. Y'know, to hell with their definitions and shit, right?

No shit its a prank, looking at the date is a no brainer. Its similar to that DTV bullcrap with the " Your regular basic cable might cut off ". Then all of a sudden they delayed it. Then you see no more DTV commercials. So its a prank. Never believe what some people on the internet say. ;)

You still see the adds for the DTV crap, it was due to the FCC selling the 700MHz band. However I do agree that this is a bunch of crap... but not a prank.

People still have analogue TV??? :/

The digital switchover started in the UK late last year I believe. Though it's going in phases, regionally, so we won't be fully digital until 2012. Still I don't know a single person that still has an analogue TV set though.

Having said that the UK is the world leader in television type stuff so I guess we would be first. I assumed America had a similar plan of action though. The advertising campaign over here started and finished last year. Everyone knows about it.

Some of you Americans actually think it's a prank? LOL. LOL not just because you're stupid but the fact you still have analogue TV. It's not even of a watchable quality, you can really put up with it? That or you just don't watch it much I guess.

Massively off topic anyway. So yeah I didn't actually read up about what this virus was. But I understand it now. Sounds plausible, and using April Fools day as a cover is a great idea to make the attack more effective. If it's real then that's some thoughtful planning done there.

I hope it's like Skynet. This could be the start of Terminators coming from the future. AWESOME!

No offense, but I lol'ed when I found out you guys at first say it's fake.

My old computer was affected by this virus once last year. Found the virus via AVG (newly-bought), and the damn thing is hard to remove. At first I thought it was my p***ed off friend trying to hack my 2nd computer (believe me or not, he hacked my first computer with a similar virus, which disabled my control over the computer, stole some of my personal data (which allow him to hack and screw up my online accounts in sites like Friendster and Multiply) and allowed him access over my PC including the mouse, which was the first time I ever saw a virus be capable of doing that). Good thing I ain't using that computer anymore (currently dumped in a corner, unplugged and useless), and now I can't believe that you guys speculate it's a fake.

I'm not sure which "April 1" is it, since we all here have different time zones. Also I'm currently using Windows 7 Beta, not sure if Microsoft's patch would work on this so I'm planning to temporarily disable my net connection during April 1 (whichever it is).

Edited by Elevski