Userbar Tutorial !

Alvas.

Spell mistakes fix'd !

And Huck that's pretty nice for a first one. Everything is right there.Although try making the cut-out a bit more darker or make the background a bit darker......just try it and see what happens or leave it as it is.But i think doing those things will make it look a bit more better if you have blended the cutout then just use the burn tool ON the render so that the eclipse's a bit more visible and the render is also a lot more noticable lol... :D

Glad to see that my first tut is doing good... :P

Edited by Eazy.

There were alot of mistakes. Inclusing where you spelt MOZILLA wrong. That's kinda the entire point of the userbar.

Also, call it an UB and people won't get what you're on about. Also, circular marquees are ellipses, not eclipses.

And bank gothic hurts the eye when you use it as body text, try something designed as body instead of header.

Yeah I know that I spelt mozilla wrong but bankgotihic doesn't really hurt the eyes of anyone leaving you.... :D

Also eclipse/ellipse kinda same people can understand that lol....also it was my first mistakes were bound to happen lol :P

Pretty vauge.In fact you have directly used the resulting images.Instead you could have gone on in bit detail like how to select the ellipse using the marque tool. Also picturing the use of opacity reduction and the creation of the scanlines.Those people who DO know about these are bound to know how to make a userbar.Taget the audience which have just the basic knowledge of PS.

Here Dark Lord and all the others who wanted an extremely detailed tutorial.....this I promise its a lot lot better !

Userbar-Tutorial-by-menur.png

Final Piece....

30656.png

Some others you can make using the same knowledge-

Static....

28157be1.png

30470.png

Animated...

27996zt4.gif

30514.gif

Any comments ? Any better ?

I have tried to explain each and every bit perfectly but still if there's any problem the please tell me 'cause I have the .psd.

Comments ?

Edited by Eazy.

I guess scanline option should be optional ? Spaz?

LOL, I love how I got recognition there.

Spell mistakes fix'd !

And Huck that's pretty nice for a first one. Everything is right there.Although try making the cut-out a bit more darker or make the background a bit darker......just try it and see what happens or leave it as it is.But i think doing those things will make it look a bit more better if you have blended the cutout then just use the burn tool ON the render so that the eclipse's a bit more visible and the render is also a lot more noticable lol... :D

Glad to see that my first tut is doing good... :P

Actually, I quite like how his is blended.

Pretty vauge.In fact you have directly used the resulting images.Instead you could have gone on in bit detail like how to select the ellipse using the marque tool. Also picturing the use of opacity reduction and the creation of the scanlines.Those people who DO know about these are bound to know how to make a userbar.Taget the audience which have just the basic knowledge of PS.

He did explain how to make the scanlines clearly enough for a newb for figure it out. I agree though, showing the use of certain tools in screencaps can make life way easier.

I actually quite like how it came out, but the second one is definitely better((I didn't read the second tutorial, I meant the second bar)). Quite nice.