Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

YES! You can mute players whilst in the game lobby! Fuck yeah, about time! :D

I really find most of the people in the lobby annoying as fuck, most of which just make random sounds, glad that this is now fixed. So Spec-Ops mode is longer? Well that's pretty cool, but there are different types of modes available? (Defence type being similar to the Nazi Zombie mode which CoD:WaW has).

Latest news round-up. There was a fairly large amount of gameplay revealed by SpikeTV about a week or so ago, might as well post it up here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225150

Also, the game will not be delayed. Apparently, some people, or one person, made an MSN coversation, supposedly with Rob Bowling, the MW2 Community Manager, in which he said it'll be delayed to December as a worst case scenario, but it's all a lie. Here's his quote -

"RUMOR SMASH. Rest your fears, this 'convo' with me is fake. Never happened, isn't true, Fake convo is fake".
Link - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225300

There'll be avatar items for Xbox Live, some free, but mostly you have to pay for them - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225234

We are making avatar items, with some free ones hopefully.

And, a few new screenshots over here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225360

The Juggernaut is really hard to kill. I think you can only use a.50 Cal on him. and it takes quite a few bullets to kill him too. Also, interesting to watch when the guy was asked whether or not we'd play from the Russian perspective at some point, perhaps during the US invasion mission in Washington DC? He might just be reluctant to reveal more info than he's allowed, or he's just doing it to get us excited when it probably won't happen at all.

Off topic - I thought my PS3 died on me late last night, about 12AM. When someone posts in the PS3 topic, I'll write what happened in there. Scary.

EDIT:

Apparently, the PC community are furious after IW decided to change the PC matchmaking system into a system identical to the consoles. There's no dedicated servers for the game, so each game will be hosted on someones internet connection instead. The full story is below:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225627

Also, have a quick look at this link - a Google search for MW2 pc - http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=MW2+pc&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=MW2+pc&fp=38c542da47a26377 There are loads of topics with people moaning about the decision, and one there on the 1st page called 'Cancel your MW2 (PC) preorders'. And here's the petition link - http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw Notice that it rises by about 6 signatures every few seconds. It currently stands at over 66,000 signatures. It'll probably reach 100,000 in about 3 days, or less.

Also, the game is rated 18 by the BBFC, and 16+ by PEGI, so it's supposedly going to be the bloodiest COD game yet, according to the ratings. And, a 30 second clip of a new multiplayer map has been revealed, and it's called 'Rust' - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225698

Edited by Bateman.

They're gonna lose so much fucking revenue from this. It's hilarious. They brought it all on themselves so they only have themselves to blame.

Matchmaking fucking sucks. Now everyone's cancelled their pre-order and will just pirate the game instead and only play single player.

Petition has nearly 100,000 signatures now. Now let's assume they would all buy the game, ok quite a lot wouldn't but that's beside the point. That's £3,000,000 revenue assuming everyone would pay around £30. Nice going. What a bunch of fucktards.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Someone should ram that message down their throats. If it was left the same, no more money than usual would be lost. Idiots. But still, Activision are also getting screwed on the deal and I don't like their moneygrabbing ways - Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk and the skateboard accessory, COD, etc.

I don't really play it on the PC, so it doesn't really affect me. Either deal with it or act like moaners. Simple as that. And they probably will make more money anyways from it. But you never know, they could possibly bring Dedicated servers back.

For now though, I can see it being a bad thing, but I guess everybody's going to have to get use to it whether they like it or not.

They're now responded by saying that they won't ignore the petition, and 402 will make sure lots of people at IW see it - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225716

"[it] definitely made a big wave, and the response will not be ignored. I'll ensure everyone at IW sees the petitions and responds to it".

And details for the game launch have been revealed. On the 9th November in Leicester Square, home of the 'Hollywood premiere', according to CVG, there'll be a screening of the game, as well as the launch at midnight.

The screening will be compered by a celebrity fan of the game and give journalists, celebs and fans of the critically-acclaimed Modern Warfare series a chance to see this year's biggest game on the big screen ahead of its global launch on Tuesday 10th November.

The event will also be supported by an epic midnight opening at HMV's flagship Trocadero Store, along with a VIP launch party in a secret underground bunker, headlined by one of the UK's biggest male artists of 2009.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225814

I think the male artist could be someone who used to live in an area close to mine, but probably not. The guy who's currently, or was, at number 1 in the Billboard 100 in the US, Jay Sean. Actually he's number 2 now. Will probably be someone else.

In Leicester?! I hope you said Leicester in the UK, cause I live there! :D

If it's true, that's gonna be so wicked. And Leicester Square isn't far from where I live (For me, it only takes around 15-20 mins to get into town center).

EDIT: Just realized it's in London. Shame. :\

Well it seems like the hype is starting to grow now that the the release date is near. Seems like it's going to do well.

If they just re-use the original system for the PC, which I can't see happening, then the pre-orders would come flying back in again. They've screwed themselves over, not that I care. If I hadn't already pre-ordered my MW2 version, I might have gone to Leicester Square to see for myself.

Double post, but 3 gameplay videos, of poor quality, have leaked onto Youtube. It looks like a lucky person has got their hands on a copy of MW2. There's 3 videos, I haven't yet watched them, but will edit this in a sec.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226012

They're all at that link. There's no sound and the quality is very poor, but you get to see the default 3 starting classes, the box art, the new recorded gameplay mode, a few different menus, and a few other things. The 3 default classes are:

Grenadier:

FA-MAS and SPAS-12

(French) Observaneur:

something 45, too hard to see, and Colt Anaconda as a side arm.

(French) Saralege? Hard to see.

A LMG, and a Bazooka, AT4 something, lol. Crap quality video - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

And the 2 other classes unlocked when you are promoted a few levels:

blacked-out text, but is the Sniper class:

Barrett .45 CAL, and USP .45 as a sidearm.

blacked out text, looks like the Manual Spawn Point class:

The spawn point device, and a PP2000.

Edited by Bateman.

Too bad that you didn't look to pre-order a few months back, you would have saved at least £15, depending where you got it from, of course. I've said numerous times I pre-ordered from Tesco Entertainment, but the thing is they take your cash straight away, rather than taking it when the game is dispatched. But i know it's in safe hands. £35 from their site, it's now £45 there.

2 bits of news. There's a 3rd person mode in the game, which is a new playlist, eg like Team Deathmatch. One of them will be called 3rd person, which could be interesting:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226110

"3rd Person is a new playlist mode in Multiplayer," Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling said. "So you can play your favorite playlists [or] game types, like Team Deathmatch just standard, or in Hardcore mode ([with] limited HUD and increased bullet damage) or in the new 3rd Person mode, which means you and everyone in the game is in 3rd person."

Everyone in games of this type will be forced to play in third-person, says Bowling, so a level playing field is ensured.

"When you're in a 3rd Person playlist you can't toggle in and out, you're always in 3rd person," he said. "You can't toggle 3rd person view on or off in a standard game type either, people in 3rd person can't play with people in 1st person, they're entirely different game modes. This is just another way to play the game."

And some news for the PC gamers, even though it looks like no-one will get it on PC, but anyway. The game will have Steam Cloud support, as well as Achievements, of which there are 50.

"Steamworks will make it possible for us to have a closer connection to our fans, and enable us to support our community much more than ever before," said community man Robert Bowling.

"Steam is the hands-down leader in offering a community-focused experience on PC, and the inclusion of Steamworks has allowed us to deliver the most feature-rich PC version to ever come from Infinity Ward, which at the end of the day will mean the most to our fans."

*ahem* Yeah, sure.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226014

Is anyone getting the Prestige Edition? I had some spare money left over from my birthday, so I went and got it. Comes with MW2, CoD's 1 & 2 in HD/Blu-ray (depending on console), Special Edition Artwork, "Behind enemy lines" artwork in a steelcased book, and a pair of Night-Vision Goggles, all for like £180. Not bad ocnsidering the NV Goggles are actually real, and are almost the same as they use in the army lol

It actually only comes with COD1, you don't get COD2 with it. You get a code to download COD1 online, an artbook, a steel case version of the game, the night vision goggles, a head to display them on, and the manual. Do you think it's really worth getting? It's hugely overpriced. I pre-ordered the standard edition months ago. I bought the standard edition of GTA4 as well, so don't see any need to buy a special edition with things I don't want. You can bet the artbook will be on Ebay for a tiny cost within weeks of the games launch, and the goggles might be on Ebay as well, once the novelty wears off.

On launch day, PSM3 will have a review of MW2 in their mag released that day, as well as online presumeably. I think other mags will release their reviews online, but not in physical form - it'll be towards end of November when their reviews come out. PSM3 rushed out the latest mag, and they've got a short deadline for the next one with the MW2 review. Shows they're dedicated at least.

I was watching one leaked video of the Russian Perspective, seems that this is a interactive cutscene, where you

invade a Russian airport and kill all the civilians, but at the end the character you play as gets shot.

This game is gonna rule, considering it has that emotional attachment to it. But its caused alot of controversy. Either way, this game is probably going to be yet again the game of the year, I believe.

Also, I see no point in the prestige edition. I mean, the NV goggles are pretty good stuff if you know how to use it right, but what are you gonna do with it? Go into a warehouse, act like Sam Fisher and try to stealth kill someone? Now that I'd like to see. :P

It's not like it was the ultimate game of the year, some website or magazine just awarded them.

Btw, I cannot belive someone would buy the Prestige Edition, I mean, you get COD1( which is really really cheap and practically worthless to play), night vision goggles( Why would you really want that?), and an artbook that considering it comes from a Western FPS developer, it's probably quite weak. And wrap it all up in a steel case, is it really worth the 180 prige tag?

I'm not trying to insult anyone that bought it, I just don't really get it.

Activision know how to squeeze money out of people, for sure. I think the Tony Hawk skateboard thing is a step too far. And TM, got a link to the Russian vid?

EDIT: The full killstreak list has been revealed, and if you're godly enough to get a 25 kill streak (I have a 26 or 29 killstreak on COD4), then you can unleash a Tactical Nuke on the map, which I guess will kill every opponent and destroy some of the buildings:

3 Kills -- UAV

4 Kills -- Care Package

4 Kills -- Counter UAV

5 Kills -- Sentry Gun

5 Kills -- Predator Missile

6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike

7 Kills -- Strike

7 Kills -- Attack Heli

8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop

9 Kills -- Pave Low

9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber

11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner

11 Kills -- AC-130

15 Kills -- EMP

25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke

The list was confirmed on a Youtube video which has since been removed. EMP sounds great, reminds me of The Matrix. :D

I think if you get the Nuke and then use it, you win the match, regardless of the score. It's just a rumour, but cast your minds back to a video leaked a week or two ago, when the soldiers all leave the battlefield. That might be the one with the Nuke. I hope not, it would be annoying if that happened.

Edited by Bateman.

3 Kills -- UAV

4 Kills -- Care Package

4 Kills -- Counter UAV

5 Kills -- Sentry Gun

5 Kills -- Predator Missile

6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike

7 Kills -- Strike

7 Kills -- Attack Heli

8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop

9 Kills -- Pave Low

9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber

11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner

11 Kills -- AC-130

15 Kills -- EMP

25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke

9001 Kills - Dedicated server

*Fixed

Do you have a link to the vid with all the kill streaks? I've watched only the one with the Nuker.

Edited by EvoLuTioN