Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

That's what I sort of meant when I first saw the Multiplayer trailer, quoted from before:

I laughed at the end. You can throw knives lol. That is just amazing, literally. I mean you could throw it to an enemy from far away and most likely he could get hit. Also, I don't know much about the host migration ingame thing. What does that do?

Although it was a random toss, judging by the way he threw the knife, it can be possible to throw it a further distance, meaning it is possible, which is great.

But ofcourse it's hard using the knife sometimes. I've seen it ricochet off the wall like a grenade, so I guess it's a matter of having good accuracy while aiming.

Well, at the moment, my K/D ratio is 1.55 and is good considering I usually get a low 1.24, hopefully I'll be able to keep going up. I also saw Bateman's ratio, 2.xx, fucking amazing. I use the SCAR as well, that's my favourite weapon on whole, including the ACR (Used it for one match, liked it alot), but the SCAR is purely powerful. I got Stopping Power Pro on it, along with Steady Aim Pro, I'm also a sleight of hand pro since that'd be the first perk I used in almost all my classes.

The future is bright for me. :)

:D Thanks TM. I'm also in competition with a PSN friend. As of yesterday, his kill/death was 2.22, and so I'm trying to beat him. Could even end up at about 3. something before it levels out and stays around the same number, hopefully. I'd like it to be about 3.50 or something like that, ideally, but anything above 2 is a bonus for me.

Below I've picked out a few weapons that I use, and I alternate between loads of others as well, might help:

Guns:

Assault

SCAR-H, with the Bling perk, Stopping Power Pro, and either Steady Aim Pro or Ninja Pro. Red Dot Sight and Silencer, or Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor.

FAL, no attachments yet, but is a powerful 1 shot gun.

ACR, again no attachments but from 1 player, I know this gun is great. Might focus on this for a while, when I unlock it, might already have it.

Sub-machine

UMP.45 - with Bling perk, Red Dot Sight and Silencer, or Silencer. Powerful, good at close quarters but also accurate with single shot at long range.

MP5k - either Red Dot Sight and Silencer with the Bling perk, or Red Dot Sight and Sleight of Hand Pro. Ideal on smaller maps, with SOH, like Scrapyard.

LMG

AUG - not really a light machine gun, more an assault rifle. Powerful, but would be better with a silencer, haven't got that yet.

L86 - I use Red Dot Sight and Silencer with it, but there's too much recoil, so it would be best to just have the Red Dot or no attachments, the default sight is pretty good.

Sniper Rifles

Intervention - a bolt action gun, and is very easy to use. I've had a few good kills with this, including just 1 no-scope kill so far, haven't bothered with that yet, maybe on a new account.

I haven't tried the WA 2000, but that's apparently the best non bolt action sniper rifle in the game, ahead of the Dragunov and Barrett Cal.

Perks

Marathon - I use this with the Sniper Rifles, good for relocating to a new spot quickly. I'd advise having a smoke grenade as back-up, although it's useless when up against someone with a thermal scope.

Sleight of Hand - reloads much faster with this, crucial with the LMGs and on small maps.

Stopping Power - essential for getting good killstreaks together. Almost everyone uses this, apart from a sneaky few with Cold Blooded, which makes you completely undetectable if you use silenced guns.

Scavenger - superb perk, especially when you're using the SCAR-H, because you'll run out of ammo for that quickly. Just run over the enemy bodies to get some ammo back. You can complete challenges and earn XP by running over a certain amount of bodies and restocking, which is good.

Bling - good for having more than 1 attachment, most common is Red Dot Sight and Silencer, although some use Red Dot and Grenade Launcher, or different scopes. Good for modes with a radar.

Cold Blooded - for when you want to sneak behind the enemy, and get some close-up kills, or just to stay out of danger. Silenced weapons are a must with modes with a radar.

Commando - a superb perk, when you get the Pro version. The standard version, you have a further reach when you knife, but with the pro version, you won't lose any health by falling from a height. You could jump off a skyscraper and then carry on into battle, so is useful for escaping from the enemy. I'm working on this perk.

Ninja - think of this as Dead Silence from COD4, but an enhanced version. You're invisible to heartbeat sensors, and you move quieter with the pro version. I use this a lot.

Steady Aim - not a bad perk, you have more chance of killing someone firing from the hip, but hip accuracy is usually pretty good anyway. The perk is good for no-scopers and always will be.

I would advice against using Sitrep and Scrambler. Sitrep because not many people lay Claymores and C4 any more, which is weird. Maybe they do in the hardcore modes, but I haven't encountered many Claymores yet, and Scrambler because it's obvious to an enemy when you're nearby, but the upside is their radar will be useless. It might be good to camp, lay a claymore and hide, because their radars will be worthless.

@ Steam, you gotta be a good shot with the SCAR. With a silencer, it's deadly. I use it most of the time, I like it. Just use the Scavenger perk and take ammo from your enemies.

Edited by Bateman.

I hate fuckers who steal my kills, i'm like emptying a whole USP mag on that guy, and another one kills him.Fuck.

I must say, i improved with the Barrett, absolute ownage, can't remember the name of the class.That class+that camo+Barret .50 cal=ownage.

@ Bateman:

Nice picks, i absolutely love the UMP and LSW.Can't even try out the final stand perk, everyone keeps shooting me till i die.lol.

That copycat perk is pretty awesome too.

I think it's pretty good in bursts, with stopping power. Prolonged fire will completely expose you, and the bullets will fly all over the place. What surprises me is how you can have silencers for the LMGs. I'd think the Steyr with a silencer would be deadly.

I steal a lot of kills :D It's not my problem they can't kill them when they're standing inches away from each other. I'm passing by, empty a few bullets and I get their kill. And I haven't seen the nuke used yet, although when I get to unlock it, I could potentially try it out myself. My highest current killstreak is 23, surely it's a matter of time until I get higher than that? Will be awesome. I've tried a few killstreaks so far, the early ones like UAV, Care Package and Predator I used to get a lot, but these days I'm getting the Chopper Gunner, which can I just say is better than the AC130, the UAV and Predator, which is my current set-up. Soon, I'll have the UAV, Chopper or Pave Low, and Tactical Nuke as my set-up, and considering I reguarly have killstreaks of 15 or more, I will have that nuke soon.

I technically rescue buddies out of fire, so I guess that's really stealing kills, heh. :P

Also, I steal air drops, mainly air drops from the enemy, and sometimes, when I'm playing with an American or my mate, I steal there's too. Dunno why, they just go and say "POP SMOKE" and throw it at random places. Then later they go boasting at me for taking their package, haha. But yeah, it's the only way you can win matches though.

Also, how many of you have died from your air drops? I died once without realizing, but it was pretty funny. Anyways, I found a really funny video for those who want to see the air drop in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxn2Zjp7vHk&feature=related (Click the link)

Never let this happen to you, maybe your enemies, but not you. :P

I think I'm level 47 or 48, still a while away from reaching my first prestige. I plan on going every prestige again, but haven't decided yet, because it'll take ages. The airdrops are pretty good, as long as you use it when around your teammates, and not in the open. I got a chopper gunner the other day on one of my secondary accounts, but the bastards hid in the buildings. :) ATM I'm working my way through the campaign on Hardened, for the trophy by finishing the game, then onto Veteran difficulty.

Level 12 now.Need to work on those challenges yet again, i need grenade launcher attachments badly :D

And just to those who die from airdrops - look out.The guys i played with always radio'd care packages on me.FAGS

I broke the left click while playing on Spec Ops, the first juggernaut mission.If you try it on veteran, you're mad.

I had a shit session yesterday in multiplayer, I lowered my K/D by 0.2, which was annoying. I'm on the airplane scrapyard level on Hardened now in 1 player, just going through it for the game completion trophy for Hardened and Veteran, and then onto Veteran.

I don't know the maps well enough yet, I keep getting killed from behind. Still, I think a few hours in private matches should help me learn them.

Level 12 now.Need to work on those challenges yet again, i need grenade launcher attachments badly :D

And just to those who die from airdrops - look out.The guys i played with always radio'd care packages on me.FAGS

I broke the left click while playing on Spec Ops, the first juggernaut mission.If you try it on veteran, you're mad.

Yeah me and a friend are currently stuck on that first mission with juggernauts at the airplane scrapyard. Fucking insane on Veteran. We both got too pissed off last night so we'll go back to it tonight and try again :P

Also noob tubers can fuck off.

Anyone else finding the Veteran difficulty very easy? It's like COD WAWs Hardened difficulty, without the constant grenade spamming, which IW said they'd fix and they have. I've just completed the Favela escape level a few hours ago, and am on the burning White House mission on Veteran. I suspect I'll have it finished again within about 3 days.

Also, the MW2 soundtrack kicks ass. I DLed a torrent of it the other day, beautiful.

Edited by Bateman.

Single player? Dunno, I did it on hardened. Will do Veteran some day.

A lot of the Spec Ops missions are pretty easy on Veteran, but some of the later ones are well hard. You actually do need a strategy to beat them. Which is good, I like a good challenge :)

Oh and also, any of you guys find any intel in singe player. 0/45 is my stat, or however many there are. To be honest I didn't really look for any, but really? Would have thought I would have come across at least 1 piece, are they insanely well hidden or something or was I just being retarded? :D