Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

Well, to answer your question Chris, both. :P

Some of the intel is hidden very well, some of it is right in front of you. You might of not even have seen it. Sometimes, it's blended into the scenery, so you can't tell unless you have a snoop around, or just focus on that part of the area. I currently have about 25/45 pieces of intel, got a trophy as well for collecting half of it.

There's one hidden in the Cliffhanger level, only way you get it is on the snowmobile, you have to ride through the area's which has more trees, but is pretty much empty so you can go straight through it. I never knew it was there until I banged into the tree. haha.

I assume there's no cheats for MW2 after collecting intel? I mean, I collected all the intel from MW1, enjoyed the "Bad Year" cheat alot. :P

@ Chris, I meant 1 player, sorry. It's easy, I finished it yesterday, Veteran on every level. @ about the intel, I have about 18 or 19, but some of them are hidden in ridiculous places. Eg, 1 of them, you collect during the snowmobile escape in the 3rd mission. You just drive over it to collect it. I mean, what's the point in that? I doubt anyone would find that without looking at a guide.

I'm going to get the intel in a sec, I have the locations on my camera.

A lot of people own a copy, but I don't think I've ever seen more than 500,000 people online at once. I doubt the game would be able to handle it. I got all the intel yesterday, so got 2 bronze trophies for it. Bit pointless really, that's all you get for collecting the intel, no unlockable cheats like there were with COD4. The lowest difficulty is preferable when getting the intel, makes it less frustrating that way. Also, I think my K/D in multiplayer will be staying at around 2.15 - 2.18 for a long time, it keeps going up and down. Still, I care more about my Score now than my K/D, I have about 370,000 score after 24 hours play. I'm ahead of Chargr and he has about a 17 hour lead over me. :P

My friend always got the "Steam connect failed" error, although he bought it from another store.And Steam are being dicks.

They blocked the keys my friend bought from another store, because they "weren't their retailers".Bullshit.Steam's trying to rob people.Why give that much money when i can get it cheaper, and it's legal.

Unless it's not legal they should block keys.Not the other way around

I finished the game last night, all I have to say is: wow. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but that was intense. I started over on Veteran as well. It's somewhat more difficult, some spots I'll get completely owned then actually learn what I'm doing wrong.

Could someone explain to me what noob tubing is? And any other terms that a player new to the series may not know.

One of the bits I found hardest was running across open ground during one of the White House levels, I kept getting torn to shreads by mounted guns and the enemy troops. Did it eventually though. The escape from the mansion was also tricky.

Noob tubing means, when people frequently use the grenade launcher, instead of using bullets to get kills with. A big noob tuber would be someone on the PS3 called GNDOOOR, who in COD4 used 2 guns with grenade launchers and fired them all at the start of each level, getting easy, and cheap, kills. They basically just stick to the launchers because they seemingly don't have the skills in a standard firefight, all it needs is one press of a button and they get a kill.

I've heard that MW2 was a bit of a failure, especially the PC port - the command console's disabled, no dedicated servers, no mod support, plus the fact that one mission spawned a controversy among Russians (it was an optional challenge, but it still is rather appalling). Even Boris Vorontsov, the guy behind ENBSeries, boycotted the game in protest:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will never be modified by me, I'm not a patriot, but this is too much. I hate all these stupid lies against Russia in pro-American media; life is different here and there is no agitation against the West. The government and mass-media are your enemies, not the Russians (or anybody else).

This applying to the PS3 players here, have you guys ever had your friends join the sessions you were currently in? Well just yesterday my friend from college joined me whilst I was playing Team Deathmatch in Scrapyard. I never knew he joined until I started playing, until I threw smoke in an area, I saw him, stabbed him (Friendly sort of thing I do to my mates lol). I dunno, I found it kind of funny since he kept dying so much times.

Anyways, if any of you are playing, I may join your session. :)

I've joined a few, and a few people have joined me too. I usually end up on a different team though, and when up against Chargr, he usually has the host on his side and therefore the better connection, while me and my team are struggling with 1 or 2 bars. I might create a no-scope account for this soon, it's possible to be as good as COD4 for scoping, but it will take lots of practice. Already loads of videos on Youtube of them. Also, zzirGrizz has uploaded his first MW2 video, might wanna check Youtube for it.

Yeah if you join a friend mid-game you literally just join their game, not their party, as I found out recently. You just join the team with the fewest players.

Does anyone else find sniping in MW2 a lot harder than it was in MW1? I used to be pro at sniping in MW1 but the past couple of days I tried in MW2 and I never get many kills at all.

Also, what's everyone's kill/death ratios like? I'm finally playing good again and got mine above 1.0 :P

It's about 1.05 now, but going up all the time. Just last week I had like 200 less kills than deaths :/

Mine in CoD:4 was 1.24. At first it's great, but comparing what I got in MW2 (I got a 1.63) it looks like I did real bad in CoD:4.

Sniping isn't really that great. I think CoD:4 you could snipe in any map, if you were flexible in moving about. I think you can be flexible, but it's a pain in the arse, especially when most of the maps are like run n' gun. But to be honest, snipers aren't my favourite anymore, I prefer Assault Rifles and Sub-Machine guns.

I use the L86 LSW more than anything now, absolutely rapes. And pack an AT4 for UAV's and helicopters. I know a lot of people debate the SCAR, but I've never had much success using it. But I've only been only for 3 days now, could be just progressing skill.

What do you guys think about camping? I do a minimal amount of it, especially if I'm in say, Terminal. Like if I'm out in the open alone, get a kill, I'll try to run for some sort of cover to take advantage of. Like the kitchen at the burger place. I usually get someone and their buddies coming in there after me, easy kills. Heh. Of course after that I change positions, they know where I'm at and everything. But I never sit in a dark corner in Favela and just WAIT for people to come for minutes. I'm rather excited to unlock the cold-blooded perk though, HBS really irks me. Not saying its not fair, I just don't like it :P

i went in private match with my friend yesterday he was showing me how to get on the roof of that highrise level (with the cranes)

its a bit tricky, like, he got it first time, then the next time died like 5 times trying to get up there. we tried doing it once in a actual match and its basically impossible, if you dont die trying to get up there, you're so open everyone would shoot you etc. but it was a cool spot.

i think im level 26 or something in multiplayer my K/D ratio is pretty shit. im pretty sure its less than 1. yesterday when i was playing i got a airdrop and then someone killed me and took it, then i saw it was a ac130 gunner. omg i was pissed off.