Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

lately ive been using mainly my sniper and heavy class, sniper has the barrett 50cal with thermal scope and FMJ with spas12/grip as secondary. heavy has mg4 with grip and the at4HS i think.

i always try and shoot down the enemy helicopters/harrier when i can. no luck killing the AC130 though, stupid flares stuff my rocket up lol.

i dont really camp that much, if i do it's for like maybe 30 seconds because im in a good spot at the time, like 10 people ran past in that time was pretty funny.

reminds me of the good old spawn killing days of medal of honor allied assault. set spawn points, so good lol.

Today I got a quadruple kill. This was in Sub Base. I dunno, these guys are suppose to be more superior than me (They were on their 3-4 prestige), somehow they got grouped (Predator missile strike was onto them lol) and I was on the other side with some other team mates, I got most of them with the SCAR (FMJ attachment), 4 kills in a row, and then I got my last kill when someone was camping, and that's when I got the Predator Missile Strike.

Today was a good day, and it was only 1 session. Well, I won't be playing until tonight, so yeah. :P

I think sniping is hard, especially if you don't have Stopping Power, although in the Hardcore modes this doesn't matter. There aren't many maps to snipe on apart from Wasteland, really. Bit of a shame, I used to snipe a lot on COD4. I also find the 1 claymore in MW2 annoying, because it replaces your grenades and the detonation can be delayed if you have Scrambler Pro as your 3rd perk. On COD4 they were essential for holding a position, but not any more.

My K/D keeps going up and down, I haven't played that well in recent days but it's still over 2.10, I think 2.12 which is OK, but could be better. I agree with the camping thing as well, I barely camp, apart from on Wasteland. I prefer to keep flanking them with a silenced weapon, getting a few kills together before relocating closer to my teammates. It's also boring waiting for enemies to come near your location, I prefer to be in the action as often as possible.

My classes recently have been the UMP silenced with red dot, and stopping power, and the ACR silenced with red dot, and stopping power again. I've never used the Riot Shield because all you gotta do is use a flashbang, then go behind them and knife them, easy, or go for their feet under the shield, or use a grenade launcher. I use other classes, occasionally LMGs but mainly assault rifles and sub machine guns.

You'll get used to it. My advice, always, to new players, would be to play in Private Matches online, either by yourself or a friend or two, just learning good hiding spots, getting used to the layout, etc. I'm doing that quite a lot now because the maps are just huge and have so many hiding spots, it's a lot harder now than it was before. Also, when you do decide to go online and start ranking up, make a new account or use an existing account and see how you get on, and then when you're ready, use your main account. I just did private matches, instead of using another account. It's sort of worked but my K/D could have been over 3 if I'd bothered to do that.

Does anyone else find sniping in MW2 a lot harder than it was in MW1? I used to be pro at sniping in MW1 but the past couple of days I tried in MW2 and I never get many kills at all.

I agree, I'm not that great anymore either :(. I'm only using guns for now. The only time I'll actually use a sniper rifle is on Wasteland Search And Destroy.

So far on Prestige 1 Level 50, undecided about going to 10th. I'm really liking 6th prestige.

I'm on Prestige 0, still got a few levels left to get to level 70. The AK47 is so much better in this game than COD4, I've used it a few times by picking it up on multiplayer, just blows them away. I don't think I'll go all the prestiges, because I don't have the time, and also it takes far too long anyway. I might go 3 or 4, I'll pick the picture I like best and then stick with it.

@ Charger, you know that the Javelin glitch you were doing is causing people to get banned on Xbox Live? Sony aren't doing anything about it which is ridiculous. I won't do it, it's just pointless and is no fun to do, and requires no skill whatsoever.

I'm on Prestige 0, still got a few levels left to get to level 70. The AK47 is so much better in this game than COD4, I've used it a few times by picking it up on multiplayer, just blows them away. I don't think I'll go all the prestiges, because I don't have the time, and also it takes far too long anyway. I might go 3 or 4, I'll pick the picture I like best and then stick with it.

@ Charger, you know that the Javelin glitch you were doing is causing people to get banned on Xbox Live? Sony aren't doing anything about it which is ridiculous. I won't do it, it's just pointless and is no fun to do, and requires no skill whatsoever.

I guess that's the point in MP, to take your time.

And yes, I've seen the Javelin Glitch, as long as you stay far away from them, you won't be entirely affected. I checked IW's forum, seems that they've already addressed the issue about the glitch, it's going to be patched, then will go through Sony and MS for certification purposes. Should be here in no time.

PC users should get it immediately. It said on FourZeroTwo's twitter that there's no need for certification for the PC, so that's good news, nonetheless.

Anyways, today I had great run, played 5 matches today and got around 30 kills, only a few deaths. Having a good time.

I reached my first prestige about 90 minutes ago, and I see as in COD WAW you unlock additional class slots as you go through the prestiges. If memory serves me right, I think it's prestige 1, 2, 4, 7 and 10 to unlock all the class slots.

I'm definitely going to have a lock-on weapon for taking down helis and AC130s, this time. Best to get rid of them immediately before you get hemmed in. I'm getting to grips with Search and Destroy, and am getting better with each game, and I suspect within 2 or 3 months I'll be playing in Hardcore regularly. Anyone know what they've done for teamkillers, or not? Is it just an automatic kick system like in WAW?

Double post, but there have been loads of problems with finding matches recently on MW2. Some people have even reported being put into a private match with people they don't even know. A patch is in the works however. There's lots of other bugs and glitches to be fixed as well, someone posted this list on the IW forums. Apparently these are for the PS3 version, although I haven't experienced any problems at all to be honest. Only slow matchmaking, which is annoying because it takes too long:

Glitch on Afghan - video proof seen

Map Rotation out of sync

Error unable to find suitable host - Host Migration Error

HQ Pro - Bar reseting on capture

HQ Pro - Earning Capture Points though not in the capture point

Radation Field Glitch

Missles/Gernade lauchers not carrying on after death

Entering games that are ending (Connection fault from cod4 not sure this can be addressed)

Gamemode changing

Respawn Error

Game Freezing during lobby

Killstreak bug - Sometimes killstreaks don't count towards overall killstreak (Not from carepackages)

Pavelow Killstreak - if you die once does not count towards your killstreak if you earn it going 9-1

Lobby Mirgration Issues - Kicks party memebers when moving lobbies

Infinte care package/killstreak glitch

Preadtor missle error/chopper gunner/ac-130 - when host quits and migration happens the missle still carries on and does not restart, meaing an lost killstreak also chopper gunner and ac-130 killstreaks end when host quits.

Killcam error - Despite not showing up on hbs, the killcam shows otherwise, cauing misleading reports

Invite connection error

Unlocalised Error

Favela Gilitch

HCTDM TK's counting as deaths

PS3 freezing when searching for games

For the last glitch there, I think that's to do with your internet connection. Mine only freezes when the connection has started to get laggy, so a quick reset and reconnect and it's fine again. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Double post, but there have been loads of problems with finding matches recently on MW2. Some people have even reported being put into a private match with people they don't even know. A patch is in the works however. There's lots of other bugs and glitches to be fixed as well, someone posted this list on the IW forums. Apparently these are for the PS3 version, although I haven't experienced any problems at all to be honest. Only slow matchmaking, which is annoying because it takes too long:

Glitch on Afghan - video proof seen

Map Rotation out of sync

Error unable to find suitable host - Host Migration Error

HQ Pro - Bar reseting on capture

HQ Pro - Earning Capture Points though not in the capture point

Radation Field Glitch

Missles/Gernade lauchers not carrying on after death

Entering games that are ending (Connection fault from cod4 not sure this can be addressed)

Gamemode changing

Respawn Error

Game Freezing during lobby

Killstreak bug - Sometimes killstreaks don't count towards overall killstreak (Not from carepackages)

Pavelow Killstreak - if you die once does not count towards your killstreak if you earn it going 9-1

Lobby Mirgration Issues - Kicks party memebers when moving lobbies

Infinte care package/killstreak glitch

Preadtor missle error/chopper gunner/ac-130 - when host quits and migration happens the missle still carries on and does not restart, meaing an lost killstreak also chopper gunner and ac-130 killstreaks end when host quits.

Killcam error - Despite not showing up on hbs, the killcam shows otherwise, cauing misleading reports

Invite connection error

Unlocalised Error

Favela Gilitch

HCTDM TK's counting as deaths

PS3 freezing when searching for games

For the last glitch there, I think that's to do with your internet connection. Mine only freezes when the connection has started to get laggy, so a quick reset and reconnect and it's fine again. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Add a new one to the list, hacked Prestiges. You can now go to 10th Prestige easily, I tried it on a separate account and it worked. I was thinking about doing it on my main account, but I fear a reset to those who did the cheat. Don't want to start over....

^ Well, he did do the prestige hack, and I have a feeling I might too. For the first time, I'm bored to death of the game. I used to like it, but with all these reports of glitches, errors, hacking, etc, I'm just bored of it all. I'll look for tutorials for it, then do it myself. Fuck it.

I'll be sticking to COD4 from now on, as well as the new games I get at Xmas.

I guess many of you haven't realized that it's only been a month or so since the game was out, right? Even so, it's eventually going to get fixed. I think COD4 and WaW were in the exact same position MW2 was. Plus, this game has a huge fanbase, someone will eventually have stumbled upon these glitches and bugs.

At least IW are doing something about it which is a relief. Sooner or later this game will be fixed.

I enjoy this more than CoD4 to be honest, I usually kept dying in CoD4, but in MW2 I'm doing great, possibly since I'm now adapted into the maps, which is pretty great.

I'm still keeping this dream alive since I'm not falling for the prestige hack (Pointless thing, makes you think you can get to the top easily). Hopefully when I reach my 10th prestige, I'll feel like I achieved something, rather than see it not. And it's better to keep this dream alive much longer since the value at the end of it makes you feel good inside.

I'm doing the hack on a different account, not my main one. I did manage it but couldn't join any games, couldn't prestige, and it kept freezing. I saw all the titles and emblems though, some really nice ones in there. Even one of Mario, wtf? See all of them here, and how to get them - http://emotionalninja.net/2009/11/15/modern-warfare-2-how-to-get-titles-and-emblems/

I'll probably carry on playing the game, but ATM I've lost interest. Maybe when the patches are released it'll get better. I've gone back to COD4 for a while, had some great games on there the last few weeks.

Well seeing as I'm not getting a new console I've decided to get this for my laptop.

A lot of the glitches seem to be similiar to the ones that I experienced in COD4 and World at War. I don't really see how they still haven't been addressed, especially in Modern Warfare 2. If it was something that is impossible to fix then I'd expect them to announce that so people know. I also hear there is a way to get unlimited ammo on the 360 (not sure about the PS3) and that people have just been running around with grenade launchers completely abusing it.

Lately I have been joining hacked/private free for all games. There's like 18 people all on one small map and Seems like everyone has unlimited ammo as well. Just because of those games, my k/d Ratio is a lot worse now.

Also has anyone noticed that some people are getting the nukes when they only have like 15 kills?