Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

Only been nuked once.

Question though: Any of you guys getting challenges which aren't actually on the challenge list?

For example, couple of nights ago I got shot at and crouched down behind a barrel, the guy was running at me and I couldn't see him. Suddenly he runs right past me so I guess he didn't see me either, I quickly turned around and knifed him in the back. A challenge appears on screen which reads:

"Get hurt by an enemy then stab him in the back with a knife"

It wrapped on to 2 lines lol... looked through the challenges later and it's nowhere to be found.

Another one I got was:

"Get killed by an infected"

Any ideas?

Only been nuked once.

Question though: Any of you guys getting challenges which aren't actually on the challenge list?

For example, couple of nights ago I got shot at and crouched down behind a barrel, the guy was running at me and I couldn't see him. Suddenly he runs right past me so I guess he didn't see me either, I quickly turned around and knifed him in the back. A challenge appears on screen which reads:

"Get hurt by an enemy then stab him in the back with a knife"

It wrapped on to 2 lines lol... looked through the challenges later and it's nowhere to be found.

Another one I got was:

"Get killed by an infected"

Any ideas?

Chances are it was probably an emblem challenge and you unlocked a new emblem card.

nah i think to become infected, someone who has the infected callsign thingo as being used, stabs you . then you're infected.

people getting nukes pisses me off so much i swear. when they get it, i just leave lol. 2 free for all games in a row someone got it, i only got killed by that guy twice so annoying.

as for the challenge thing, nah never happened to me. but my ps3 has frozen during searching for games.

are you sure its unlimited ammo and not just that scavenger perk? i love that lol. i used to have a class with that, scar-h + grenade launcher, and the grenade launcher as secondary XD

There is an infinite ammo thing going around, but it's not a hack, it's just a glitch. It's like I said, people were joining prvate matches when they're searching for public matches, going into games with infinite ammo, etc. They're all really bad glitches. Hasn't happened to me though. I've never been on the end of a nuke, I've seen it once and one guy got it on Scrapyard, which won the game for us.

And the challenge Chris mentioned, yeah I think that's a hidden challenge. You unlock a new title or emblem with each one you complete. I suppose there's a list of them somewhere.

Just got this for my laptop yesterday and I've been having so much fun on the Multiplayer! I finished the campaign on a friends PS3 so I didn't bother with it on my laptop. The transition from being a Console COD'er to playing on a computer is hard but I've gotten use to it and I'm getting better.

Been using MP5K Akimbo mostly today. Used it with suppressors on Bling, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro. Akimbo seems so noobish but I've been doing amazing with it! My accuracy may have plummeted but my kill death ratio is slowly going up. It's also extremely fun charging into a room Rambo style, oh yeah.

I managed to get to level 22 in 2 days so that's quite good. I'll probably stay at level 70 though mainly because I don't have access to internet enough on my laptop (at my boarding house) to keep going up the individual prestige ranks.

I play MW and MW2 atm, own more at MW2 though :P

Now that im back to MW im like clueless because im used to MW2's weapons xD

MW(COD4)'s AK is much better than MW2s, same with M16 and M4.

I wish the Dragonov was in this

I just prestiged, I'm 1st Prestige Rank 11. M4/SCAR-H is getting me up fast

I suck on Rust, but I'm great on Wasteland. Usually do good on that. I suppose I should start taking pics of my highest kill scores, I remember I had 46 kills and 5 deaths on COD WAW once, would be great to do that again. It's varying a lot recently, I really want my K/D to be above 2 but it keeps increasing and decreasing. Sort of 2 steps forward, 3 back, 4 forward, 3 back, etc. All over the place. It's resting at about 2.06 currently.

@ Bulletproofboy, I think the MW2 AK and M16 are better, they're more in your face than MW1. The Red Dot and Silencer with M16 and Stopping Power absolutely kills everything. The COD4 M4 is perfect.

And just to say again, I think 5 prestiges is the absolute limit for me. My work schedule is now very dense, going to be workworkwork all the way until the end of January for me.

Edited by Bateman.

I peak at my K/D ratio, but I don't care about it a whole lot. I still haven't learned the maps that well. I get mauled on Sub base, Rundown, Favela, Afghan, and wasteland. I'm starting to really like Karachi and Invasion. Although I'm starting to figure out on TDM it's all about controlling an area. Like Estate for example. If you've got a good team together and manage to work the mansion, you're golden. At the same time, there's so many different ways of penetration. Grenades through windows, stuns, etc.

I used to try to get a good K/D ratio when I started playing on my computer but I'm not really bothered too much about it now. I'll play to just have fun even if I do bad in a game. I love using the riot shield even though I always get a horrible score at the end of the game, so fun :)

My favourite map is by far Rust. I'm absolutely obsessed with small maps as I do amazing in them. Dual MP5K's will always dominate on a map like that.

Also been using the Stinger missle as my secondary weapon for all my classes as whenever I hear "enemy UAV is online" or "enemy cobra incoming" I'll just shoot it down. Easy XP points and I don't use the cold-blooded perk so it helps me.

Edit:

Me getting an awesome final kill

th_BoomBoomPow.jpg

The end of a friendly 1 on 1 with someone who I met in a game

th_1on1.jpg

Another result on a Free-For-All

iw4mp2009-12-2915-08-21-73.png

Ah, so that's how the UAVs keep getting destroyed by the enemy, they use Stingers and those types of weapons. I never really use a Javelin or anything like that, just machine pistols and shotguns. Maybe I should use one. When you get caught short and have to reload, switching to your sidearm is crucial. I guess I'll have to use either a silencer, or Sleight of Hand then.

Any launcher which has a lock-on can be used to take down an enemy UAV or to restore your radar if the enemy get a counter UAV. Launchers which have lock-on are the AT4-HS (the very first one you unlock), the Stinger and the Javelin. The Javelin is the best as it packs the most punch and can lock on to vehicles and locations. But the AT4-HS is better than the Stinger if you ask me because you can free fire it and it does just a little less damage than the Stinger but the Stinger does however come with 2 rounds.

While it can be a disadvantage not having a sidearm, I think it's even better to have a launcher as it stops the enemy from getting UAV and keeps you with the upper hand. Just make sure you go somewhere far from where the enemy is as I've gotten killed a few times by looking up at the sky looking for the UAV Recon, doh.

Also thanks Bulletproof :)

I really suck at MW2, plus my lag=fail play.had 27 kills and 32 deaths just now.

The funnies thing today is, that i went to the bathroom and left MW open and on MP(like online,atm playing)when i came back i got that survivalist challenge.Strange though because wherever i go there is no one there.BTW, do you camp often/no?

Actually Chris the only person who the lag affects is me, I can guarantee you that. My whole life I've played COD on 2 bar connections and you just learn to compensate for the lag. You don't know how often I get caught out because my upload speed is terrible so some of my bullets fired don't actually hit the enemy and I end up getting killed.