Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

Not sure if I'll prestige again for a while, I just want to improve my K/D to what it was before I went on a poor run. It's 1.97 currently, and it used to be over 2 so that's my first target. Spawning and then dying about 10 seconds later is happening frequently now, mainly with the Predator missiles which always go to me, and the Chopper Gunner. I need about another 7 ranks before I hit level 70, and then after that the AK will take over. That will help me rise my K/D, it has to be the best gun. As much as I like the ACR, the AK is instant death.

First DLC video released - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237814 It's unofficial, I'm gonna watch it in a sec.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games Inc.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

modern warfare is out now. everybody loves it. i didnt realized that teasers like this can be very educational. i do play games -online games or psp, but i just discovered the amazing thing about teaser analysis.

wtf?

I'm still on and off about this game, a lot of the weapons have poor recoil apart from the 3 burst shot guns, which are mainly the ones I use now, specifically the FAMAS. I think the TAR is really powerful and I use it a lot, but when I get killed by someone just holding the trigger down, and when I try it the bullets go everywhere, it's annoying. I've had a few streaks with the FAMAS, I'm definitely sticking to that gun for a while. If the AK47 was available before level 70 then that'd be my weapon of choice, but I'm happy with how it is ATM.

The perks for the FAMAS are Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro, although I'll make another class with Cold Blooded instead of Stopping Power because it's powerful enough without SP.

Just so you guys know, map pack 1 will hit Xbox Live on 30th March. No word on the price yet.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=238403

Infinity Ward's confirmed that Modern Warfare 2's first downloadable map pack will hit Xbox Live on March 30.

The news comes via a rather odd marketing site linked via the developer's Twitter. "http://www.mapathy.com - Feeling the effects of Mapathy? It's okay, the cure is hitting #Xboxlive in just 3 short weeks," community man Robert Bowling posted.

The Mapathy site describes a "state of indifference to the same old maps one has been playing for the last several months", and says "the cure is coming to Xbox Live March 30, 2010".

According to the internet we've already had our first look at the Modern Warfare 2 map pack - A video appeared on the internet last week showing the 'Stimulus Package', which includes five maps, new and old.

Xbox 360 supposedly has a 30 day heads-up on the pack, so PC and PS3 players should expect to recieve it at the end of April or beginning of May.

As it says at the bottom, it should be out for PS3 and PC around late April/early May.

I'm still on and off about this game, a lot of the weapons have poor recoil apart from the 3 burst shot guns, which are mainly the ones I use now, specifically the FAMAS. I think the TAR is really powerful and I use it a lot, but when I get killed by someone just holding the trigger down, and when I try it the bullets go everywhere, it's annoying. I've had a few streaks with the FAMAS, I'm definitely sticking to that gun for a while. If the AK47 was available before level 70 then that'd be my weapon of choice, but I'm happy with how it is ATM.

The perks for the FAMAS are Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro, although I'll make another class with Cold Blooded instead of Stopping Power because it's powerful enough without SP.

Really? I really like using cold blooded so that you don't get owned by computer controlled air support but then my guns just don't kill people =/

In terms of the 3 shot weapons like the M16, FAMAS, the Raffica pistol, they're strong enough without SP. Just need to make sure all 3 bullets hit, and then 1 or 2 squeezes of the shoot button and they're down. A weapon I haven't really used but is excellent with or without SP is one of the sniper rifles with the ACOG sight. The M21 EBR, quite lethal because its accuracy is the best in the game. Regardless of the stats which say other weapons are better, use that gun with the ACOG and it's like a more lethal version of the G3 from COD4.

In terms of the 3 shot weapons like the M16, FAMAS, the Raffica pistol, they're strong enough without SP. Just need to make sure all 3 bullets hit, and then 1 or 2 squeezes of the shoot button and they're down. A weapon I haven't really used but is excellent with or without SP is one of the sniper rifles with the ACOG sight. The M21 EBR, quite lethal because its accuracy is the best in the game. Regardless of the stats which say other weapons are better, use that gun with the ACOG and it's like a more lethal version of the G3 from COD4.

Hmmmm fair enough, personally I don't get on with burst fire weapons, if I want my gun to burst fire I will release the LMB, but I suppose it's down to personal choice...

About the EBR, yeah I have found that it's very brutal, however I have a bolt action rifle fetish, I am not sure why I just prefer them to semi-auto rifles...

It's not as fun in this game though, even though the reload mechanic is more realistic, to a point. It's difficult to get 2 or 3 kills in a row with it because of the jerky screen. If they'd kept it the same as COD4 for sniping, it would be perfect. But that sniper guy on the 360 doesn't seem affected by it.

hmm M21 is good i recently used it in a class with AA12 like

M21 w/ACOG

AA12 w/grip

frag/stun

scavenger pro

stopping power pro

commando pro

Its not 1 hit kill which is the annoying thing, well sometimes it is. headshots are, and some body shots are. sometimes it's 2 shots though. i got that 1bullet2kills thing with this though lol, in the hallway in skidrow i was just prone at one end and see all the people running through XD

aa12 is pretty sweet as well.

As for cheytac intervention, i used it but...either its no good or im not very good with it cos i didnt do very well.

scratch that, i just switched to it now. its pretty good lol. 1 shot kill for everything but not now cos i got silencer.

If you're accurate with shotguns then use the SPAS-12, that's good at a fair distance and is mostly 1 shot kill. I see why they call it the SPAZ 12 though, because a lot of people just use that on the small maps. Did you like the sound of the M21 when you used it? I think it's the best gun sound in there.

Yeah the M21 sounds amazing, I got 10 kill streak with an M21 build:

M21

G18

Claymore/Flashbangs

scavenger pro

stopping power pro

ninja

did a very n00bish rook camp on Karachi and sent out an attack helicopter and then a pavelow with my killstreak rewards and then just picked a load off with the EBR. ended the round on a 22:3 k:d ration =]

I find the shotguns in MW2 have insane range, or is that just me?

:D You're right on the money, the shotguns have frankly insane ranges and I'm amazed they still haven't been patched. Look at this, it's the shotgun attachment for the FAL. If you use that on Hardcore, then forget about aiming, just have the enemy in the centre of your screen and boom they're dead:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mw2-fal-shotgun-massive-range/338585

http://www.casttv.com/video/ad3vc81/new-mw2-shotgun-range-glitch-video

If you're not playing good and want some cheap kills then there's your answer. This is why so many people hate MW2, it hasn't been balanced fairly for everyone. Too many glitchers and hackers and nuke boosters out there.

lol yeah . M21 sounds cool. for some reason the barrett when i shoot, the sound sorta cuts out...does that happen with you guys too or is it just my cheapo amp :unsure:

but i didnt use M21 for long, i switched to intervention and am loving that. having leveled up the aa12 so my class was like this

intervention w/fmj

aa12 w/extended mags (holds 16, so win)

semtex/flash (before i was using c4 heaps to get the "kill 30", also claymore to get the same challenge)

scavenger pro

stopping power pro

commando pro

yesterday or the day before on terminal i killed 4 people, got care package (pavelow) and then that put my score from 200 or 250 to like 1200 before it left, pretty awesome, talk about easy win.

It's meant to happen, the sound when it cuts away. It's a technique used in other games and Hollywood as well, but I just don't know what it's called. Happens on my TV as well, so I guess it's widespread. BTW, why does everyone else get great Care Packages and I end up with ammo resupplies and UAVs? Other people get Pave Lows, EMPs and fking AC130s.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just found the precentages for each care package and emergency airdrop you get. Look:

Airdrop

14.78% - UAV

14.78% - Ammo

13.04% - Counter UAV

10.43% - Sentry Gun

10.43% - Predator Missile

9.57% - Precision Airstrike

6.09% - Harrier Airstrike

6.09% - Attack Helicopter

4.35% - Pave Low

4.35% - Stealth Airstrike

2.61% - Chopper Gunner

2.61% - AC-130

0.87% - EMP

Emergency Airdrop

12% - Ammo

12% - UAV

16% - Counter UAV

16% - Sentry gun

14% - Predator Missle

10% - Precision airstrike

5% - Harrier airstrike

5% - Attack Helicopter

3% - Pavelow

3% - Stealth Bomber

2% - Chopper Gunner

2% - AC130

So I guess I'm the unlucky one loaded with UAVs.

Edited by Bateman.

It's meant to happen, the sound when it cuts away. It's a technique used in other games and Hollywood as well, but I just don't know what it's called. Happens on my TV as well, so I guess it's widespread. BTW, why does everyone else get great Care Packages and I end up with ammo resupplies and UAVs? Other people get Pave Lows, EMPs and fking AC130s.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just found the precentages for each care package and emergency airdrop you get. Look:

Airdrop

14.78% - UAV

14.78% - Ammo

13.04% - Counter UAV

10.43% - Sentry Gun

10.43% - Predator Missile

9.57% - Precision Airstrike

6.09% - Harrier Airstrike

6.09% - Attack Helicopter

4.35% - Pave Low

4.35% - Stealth Airstrike

2.61% - Chopper Gunner

2.61% - AC-130

0.87% - EMP

Emergency Airdrop

12% - Ammo

12% - UAV

16% - Counter UAV

16% - Sentry gun

14% - Predator Missle

10% - Precision airstrike

5% - Harrier airstrike

5% - Attack Helicopter

3% - Pavelow

3% - Stealth Bomber

2% - Chopper Gunner

2% - AC130

So I guess I'm the unlucky one loaded with UAVs.

i remember searching for that list before. hahha bro your not the only one. i'd say of the last like 10 care packages i got, 5 were ammo, couple counter uav, sentry gun, ac130, pavelow. at least UAV is of some use, ammo is totally USELESS when you have scavenger pro lol.