Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

I remember whilst playing in Hardcore mode on another account, a teammate threw a grenade without cooking it near the other guy with his care package, which killed him, and then he stole it whilst the other guy angrily looked on via spectator mode. Also in regular team deathmatch on Favela there was a guy who kept trying to nick my packages, and knifed me when he didn't get it. He basically followed me around the whole match. It's stupid when they try to take it, it takes a second for you to take it because it's your package, and about 5 seconds for the other turds to try and get it.

Anyone get killed by an enemy care package, or your own teammates package? I have, both of them.

I remember whilst playing in Hardcore mode on another account, a teammate threw a grenade without cooking it near the other guy with his care package, which killed him, and then he stole it whilst the other guy angrily looked on via spectator mode. Also in regular team deathmatch on Favela there was a guy who kept trying to nick my packages, and knifed me when he didn't get it. He basically followed me around the whole match. It's stupid when they try to take it, it takes a second for you to take it because it's your package, and about 5 seconds for the other turds to try and get it.

Anyone get killed by an enemy care package, or your own teammates package? I have, both of them.

lol thats pretty funny. my own package has killed me by accident, i was standing near it and it rolled down the hill on afghan.

When it shows you the killcam for the crate, it just shows the other player after he threw the package, and then his reaction to the kill, usually by looking around slowly. Also, a teammates package killed me on normal team deathmatch, not hardcore. It was on Terminal, the package was coming in, I respawned after being killed, walked forward a few steps and got flattened. Don't know if he lost points for it, but I gained a death from it anyway.

hmm not really. i guess there'd be more hackers on PC ?

back on the topic of carepackage i got some sweet deal lol. so basically i was camping sorta, in the cave thing in wasteland, and i got care package, ead, and choppergunner. so, used the chopper gunner, got my kills to like 20something, then i think i died, respawned near some boxes or something. so threw the ead marker and carepackage, then what do i get?

ac130, chopper gunner, regular helicopter, harrier and predator missile ! i got the harrier, the helicopter, and the ac130 but then got shot. then used the ac130 and won the match with that XD

4442671690_3ffbe8c3af.jpg

pwned lol.

What type of players you encounter in free for all? A lot of 'marathon, lightweight, commando' players with UMPs? Or a nice mix? I always prefer team deathmatch, there's a minimal amount of campers there. Hardcore is basically a camping mode for MW2, never really happened in COD4.

BTW just unlocked the dual shotguns for maximum annoyance. Already had one person call me a CHEATING BASTARD yesterday in a message. :D I don't care, I hate them myself but they get lots of kills.

What type of players you encounter in free for all? A lot of 'marathon, lightweight, commando' players with UMPs? Or a nice mix? I always prefer team deathmatch, there's a minimal amount of campers there. Hardcore is basically a camping mode for MW2, never really happened in COD4.

BTW just unlocked the dual shotguns for maximum annoyance. Already had one person call me a CHEATING BASTARD yesterday in a message. :D I don't care, I hate them myself but they get lots of kills.

depends on the map of course. not that many people with ump though lol a lot got ACR. its quite mixed though.

ahah u mean ranger or 1887 ? lol yeah i took some guy's care package once and then when the round was over he messaged me calling me a f**king c**t etc. was pretty funny.

hmm team deathmatch is OK, but some of the other team games makes me rage because it always ends up im on a team with people that just have no clue (even people on like 1st , 2nd prestige and they're just terrible, pisses me off, thats why i play ffa more.

See the Stimulus trailer here, out for 360 and PC first for 30 days and will then follow on PSN, probably late April, early May - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240345

And some screenshots here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240446

It's 1200 MS points (£10.20), willing to pay that much for 3 new maps and 2 recycled ones?

So the DLC came out to... a poor welcome actually. It doesn't work at the moment. An update will be released tomorrow to fix it. Currently all you get is an error message entering into each game, the name of the map is unchanged eg mp_storm and the picture is the debug picture. This game should have always had a public BETA but IW thought they were above that. :rolleyes:

Quick question for the guys who have mastered weapons and prestiged. I'm on lvl 70 no prestige and planning on mastering the weapons I have close to mastery before prestiging, (even though I said I hate it, the game just feels stagnant if i don't).

The thing I want to know is, if I prestige before mastering all weapons that can be mastered, will i lose the ability to get the pre prestige mastery emblems and titles or if i prestige and then go to master a weapon i didn't pre prestige, will i get both the pre and post prestige mastery emblems/titles?

Just wanting to know because those are one of the reasons i am considering prestiging. Gives me something to do and the lack of them in COD4 is what probably turned me off prestiging. Plus it does get a bit boring having all weapons open to you some times and wish for a challenge.

EDIT: Never mind, found this. Might help some of you guys and is just useful anyhow :Phttp://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

Edited by steveplayer

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing this again yesterday. Have to say, didn't see many campers in the hardcore modes which is a good thing. I did quite well in hardcore ricochet S&D, getting 8 kills a few times and 2 deaths. Still only level 68 on prestige 2, I've gone up 2 levels in about 3 months lol. Spec Ops drew me back in, because I'm helping 2 people out currently, and have offered help to other people too, including a few here.

I also saw an insane bit of skill yesterday in a S&D match. A guy killed the 5 enemies on the other side within about 5 seconds with his SPAS 12, it was an EPIC game winning killcam. Everyone else was laughing.

I've been playing it all day. TDM seems so much easier when you go back to it. But fail story of the day.

My mate Jake was the last alive in the deciding game. The map was sub-base and he was sitting on one of the subs. He threw his carepackage marker just off to the side of him, and when it landed it was a Stealth Bomber. So he went to get it, but fell off the submarine and died -.- lol

I took a pic a while back of a massive emergency airdrop fail. Every package was outside the map lmao. I might post it up, still on my camera. Was on Rundown I believe. Wasn't me BTW, just to clear that up. It wasn't a great drop though, he had harrier strike, sentry gun, ammo and predator missile.