Modern Warfare 2

The Bossman

No, but I suspect with all the dickheads on Youtube revealing everything from single player walkthroughs to the weapon loadouts and multiplayer maps, it won't be long until they do. Might already be on Youtube, I haven't looked. BTW, ahead of the release, there will be a full leaderboard reset, which means those of you out there who got your hands on the game either legitimately via a shop, which shouldn't even be selling the game or allowing it to be played or even looked at, or via an online torrent, which is obviously illegal, you won't have any advantage at all. All your stats will be reset.

Link doesn't work so I presume it's been taken down. BTW, there's so many gameplay videos online of it now, I've lost count. They're all fucking cheating faggots. I despise anyone here who has DLed the game illegally and is playing online with it. I hope you get banned from PSN or Live for life.

It's much easier to pirate it on the 360 and PC because of the DVD format it's in, but because of the PS3 Blu-Rays, it's a lot harder to copy. He probably means it's either a good thing for 360 owners because they get to play the full version, or a bad thing for PS3 owners because we can't play it yet. Just have some patience, there's a week to go. You've waited for months so far, another week won't kill you.

BTW, I saw the terrorist gameplay as well. It's skippable, so you don't have to play it.

You're fighting with other terrorists, and Makarov, the main enemy.

You can skip the mission, so you don't have to play it. Of course, there's outrage from the gameplay, from many different sources.

If anyone here is thinking about pirating it, Microsoft will be after you before you know it.

Microsoft has said it will actively pursue illegal activity relating to Xbox 360 piracy, following reports yesterday of Modern Warfare 2 having been leaked onto the internet.

"Our commitment to combating piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox Live community remains a top priority," said MS when we contacted it regarding the leak.

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs violates the Xbox Live terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox Live. The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them," added MS.

"We take vigorous action against illegal activity related to our products and services, but we do not comment on those details. Consumers should be aware that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 to play pirated games will void their warranty."

Sounds like a blanket statement, but the message is clear; pirate Modern Warfare 2, or any other 360 game, and MS will send out the helicopters.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226629

MW2 is expected to break all sales records, ahead of its release on November 10th.

Activision's upcoming shooter Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is being heavily tipped to break entertainment launch records following its release on November 10.

"As of today, the number of pre-order reservations we've taken for the game is the highest for any title we've ever sold in our 6,200 store network," Tony Bartel, executive vice president for merchandising and marketing at US retailer GameStop, told USA Today. "By all indicators, we anticipate Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be the biggest entertainment launch of all time."

Last year Grand Theft Auto IV sold 3.6 million units on its opening day with a retail value of approximately $310 million, and generated over $500 million during its launch week, surpassing the all-time entertainment records for day one and week one sales by dollar value, according to publisher Take-Two.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said in a research note this week that he expects global Modern Warfare 2 sales "to exceed $500 million in the first week following launch", and that Activision "can easily sell ten million units in Q4".

Mike Hickey with Janco Partners forecast in June that the Infinity Ward developed Xbox 360, PS3 and PC game would sell 11.1 million units by the end of 2009, generating $803 million at retail.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226617

And, the last bit of MW2 news ATM, the first adverts have begun to air on TV. I suspect some of you have seen it now, but if you haven't, here's a poor quality shakey camcorder video of it:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226639

That's the UK version of the advert, and a US version is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TjoI2D9xs

I expect more MW2 stories to appear before release, at least 2 or 3 a day. They know how to milk it.

Edited by Bateman.

Just got the game today, and its fucking awesome! Graphics are great, storyline looks like its gonna rock! This store on the Mall began selling it early. Luckily I overheard some guy talking about and went to see if it was the real deal, and real it was. Get this game!

Thank God I decided to go to the mall with my parents, I was too lazy to go, but then remembered I needed to get GTA IV for PC, so I went. Great decision I made.

Edited by Charger

Charger, nice. I've pre-ordered, so I have to wait another few days, grr.

The final trailer's out for the game, now -

I should check my e-mails tonight or tomorrow, I might get a surprise delivery. I don't expect to, haven't received any info about when the order will arrive yet. I might contact them later.

Edited by Bateman.

I know, I'm rather fortunate at the moment. Not only that, but I've been playing Fallout 3 GOTY edition these last few days, I'm awaiting MW2 from postman pat, and I have no lessons at Uni next week either, because of a photography trip. :D I don't think I'll bother going online until I get MW2, I don't like the idea of people messaging me about it.

Videos removed, which is a shame. I don't want to watch any more vids, I don't want to ruin it for myself. Apparently Captain Price returns, his voice actor was in the sudio recently doing some lines, so it's obvious he'll appear. Might be in a flashback role, or even present day, he might not be dead after all. I doubt he'll be a Captain, he might be promoted a few levels now.

Edited by Bateman.

If anyone's still looking for sweet deals for MW2, and you live in the UK, you could potentially get MW2 for as little as £9.99. All you gotta do is trade a game in, like Uncharted 2, and you've got the deal. See below:

An incredible Modern Warfare 2 price war has kicked off on the UK high street, leading to price points as low as £26 off the shelf, and a sweet £9.99 with trade-in deals.

Sainsbury's is leading the charge with the lowest shelf price for the Call of Duty entry, while HMV is offering a great deal which sees you picking the game up for less than a tenner when you trade-in either Forza 3, Tekken 6 or Uncharted 2.

The row over Activision's hefty £55 RRP seems redundant now, doesn't it?

Sainsbury's - £26

Asda - £32

Tesco - £37.90 (or £25 when bought with another chart game)

HMV - £9.99 when either Forza 3, Tekken 6 or Uncharted 2 are traded in

GAME - £25 off when the first Modern Warfare is traded in

Blockbuster - £44.99 (or £19.99 when a 'selected game' traded in)

Morrisons - Unknown

Amazon - £43.99 (PS3/360) and £34.96 (PC)

Game.co.uk - £44.99 (PS3/360) and £34.99 (PC)

Gamestation.co.uk - £44.99 (PS3/360) and £34.99 (PC)

Play.com - £44.99 (PS3/360) and £34.99 (PC)

Simplygames.co.uk - £46.79 (PS3/360) and £35.79 (PC)

Zavvi.co.uk - £44.95 (PS3/360) and £34.95 (PC)

And the link - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226884

So there, you don't have a reason to miss this game now. :)

IN-STORE prices, as well.

EDIT: BTW, are these the real presrige badges? I think they might be. They're much better than the horrible fake ones leaked months back:

Modern-Warfare-2-Prestige-Icons-page1.jpg

Edited by Bateman.

fuckmw2cra.png

What the fuck is this bullshit. I have a legit fucking copy, yet I cannot play it because, and you can clearly see in that screenshot... I cannot PURCHASE STEAM in my country

Can anyone make sense of that? Steam is a free piece of software, you can't purchase Steam in any country because it's not sold...

This has got to be by far the biggest technical fuck up since Microsoft released Windows Vista... Fuck... this is worse than that time I upgraded from 98 to Windows ME.

EDIT: Is this because of some release date shit? Again, another epic fail. How many failures will this game have. Having a failure before I can even install the game is retarded as shit.

fuckmw2cra.png

What the fuck is this bullshit. I have a legit fucking copy, yet I cannot play it because, and you can clearly see in that screenshot... I cannot PURCHASE STEAM in my country

Can anyone make sense of that? Steam is a free piece of software, you can't purchase Steam in any country because it's not sold...

This has got to be by far the biggest technical fuck up since Microsoft released Windows Vista... Fuck... this is worse than that time I upgraded from 98 to Windows ME.

EDIT: Is this because of some release date shit? Again, another epic fail. How many failures will this game have. Having a failure before I can even install the game is retarded as shit.

1st bold: You can imagine how that is to me, everything i have is pirated, no suppliers round here.

2nd bold: i lol'd.

But that is wtf, maybe a bug in Steam.

bwahahhaha that sucks for you chris thats so shit ey.

i went to the midnight launch with my mate and he got prestige, i hadnt preordered so i picked up a copy of the standard (just the game). its pretty fun i must admit. oh lol someone i knew on another forum had it last week and he completed campaign and he said some fake spoiler (not true) and some guy got so cut

he said that soap (your new commander aka the guy u played as in COD4) died. but he doesnt. apparently. no idea. il probably never know since i dont really play campaign much in most games.

im on like level 5 or 6 in multiplayer now. i saw someone had a custom image when their name popped up in the top right, anyone know how to get that? not the little badge thing, but like the background, was some HSV.