This ain't Portland!

Maybe instead of being a new LC, we are meant to think the city was always like this (the generation jump made it more "clear"? :huh: ). Because there are other similarities. Francis Intnl. carries thev same title, Lazlow references that he used to work on Chatterbox, etc. This would explain why the websites and the radio characters treat the game as part of the same continuity as previous ones, too.

The mansion is just an easter egg and a reference to GTA III. The game has other references such as the Claude outfit and Lazlow saying he used to be on Chatterbox, but IV is set in a different era/universe from the other games.

I question the "alternate univese" concept. There are just too many references to all be easter eggs. Love Fist are mentioned multiple times, the mansion, Lazlow saying he used to work on Chatterbox, the TVs that have images from San Andreas on them, they are found all over the place. I think this city is in the same universe, it just "replaces" the other city. So the other city never actually existed. Meaning that, while canon, Claude and Toni's missions took place in this city. This is just IMO, I understand no one else takes this view. And despite the graffiti, I think Claude is still alive. Cause you can't kill him, he is just too good for that, and he was too young to die of old age. (That last bit was all IMO, of course, however ridiculous MO is :thumbsup:)

The mansion is just an easter egg and a reference to GTA III. The game has other references such as the Claude outfit and Lazlow saying he used to be on Chatterbox, but IV is set in a different era/universe from the other games.

I question the "alternate univese" concept. There are just too many references to all be easter eggs. Love Fist are mentioned multiple times, the mansion, Lazlow saying he used to work on Chatterbox, the TVs that have images from San Andreas on them, they are found all over the place. I think this city is in the same universe, it just "replaces" the other city. So the other city never actually existed. Meaning that, while canon, Claude and Toni's missions took place in this city. This is just IMO, I understand no one else takes this view. And despite the graffiti, I think Claude is still alive. Cause you can't kill him, he is just too good for that, and he was too young to die of old age. (That last bit was all IMO, of course, however ridiculous MO is :thumbsup:)

It's a game, not something that was created out of nothing, it's obviously gonna have a lot of references.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also thought it to be possible that the old LC still exists and is just not in the newest game. Like it's out there as it's own separate borough. Cause think about it, in IV you've got brooklyn, the bronx, queens, and manhattan. That's 4 of the 5 boroughs. The one being left out is Staten island which they did in Gta3 as Staunton Island. So it would be reasonable to believe that it could still be out there but just left out of gta4. Granted I dont know what portland or shoreside were supposed to be exactly but i'm just saying it's possible that those are all still parts of the city they just arent put all together in one game. Like it has never been the full LC. Like how do you explain what ever happened to the old LC mob families like leone, forelli, and sindacco? I mean I know they got pretty much extiguished and would barely be around anymore if at all, but the mobsters you meet in gta4 say they have run things for 70 years or so. But it's like didn't those families from the old game have power before though? Theyre not even mentioned. So that's why if my theory were correct that would make sense since it would mean that they were around they just operated in completely different territories of the city. I know I'm over thinking it but it's just an idea. Something that has crossed my mind in the past.

Edited by rosenberg