Have you been banned on another forum?

Huckleberry Pie

• 6 months later...

I was banned for "spamming the PM box" Don't know who, but I am still a vet of GTAforums till my dyin day. I wish I'd been there longer, a year or so, a REAL VET of the scene and I could have been since I got GTA3 when Vice had not come out yet, but it took Vice to convert me to full on admiration Society member. I recall a Ghost of Delete Key from there, likely the same guy who's not been banned yet??

I went in with a friend at an attempt to counter the treatment with his idea for a forum, falling under the short name of GTAC, you may know but if you don't rumor was it was my forum simply for the fact I was banned from the GTA Networks, they got fed up with me, I type a lot of thoughts in my head, and people eventually just wanna pull the plug, so I looked for some sorta alternative. Well, I was banned from "my own Forum" is the upshot. Chris had been more then accommodating, my hats off to you, good Sir. Keep up the good work!

To those opposed, say "nay"? "I"! Anywho, I just wanted to express ones self within reason, other people have their own problem with it, I can't figure that out and I never will, but I can understand things that DO make sense. Not all of it does, quite frankly.

My bans include GTAF, GTAC, and GTAG, Gaming that is, and a lot of GTAF'ers hang out there, so it would feel like "home", however, I can't contact my old BUDDIES, and I did have a few, over many years at GTAForums, I'll just recall the good times there, but GoDK took some cheap shots at me because he's just not comfortable being himself, he goes out of his way to make others look bad, just like a bully would (he's got to own that Rockstar game!)

I noted this is very old, and bumped my GoDK a year prior! He mentions GTAHole, that site is dormant but we hope to revive at some point, it's my friend Tripmills got the keys to that door.

We encouraged Modding experts to join up, but people were more tuned into to lurking for the latest RN GTA news, more then just taking part, sadly, that continues. GTAF is hard to ignore once the mods turn their sights on you and you're removed. You have little recourse, the Mods get sick and tired of just volume of complaints and that could be the same daily members over and over, railing on you

Just to shed light on what happens, us Ban Hammer gamers are still out there, we have to now entertain ourselves some other way, down but not out, and infamous if you wanna call that lucky! haha

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, three. I did nothing wrong in the first two cases, but I'm unsure about the third as I never bothered to investigate it.

One was on a forum where the staff were basically exempt from the rules and allowed and encouraged to insult whoever they wanted, whenever they wanted to. I stated preference for a certain item because I simply liked it more. A mod responded saying my choice "had no logic to back it up". I replied by stating "I like it more, that's my logic". A short bit later, I got a PM from an administrator admonishing me for a "personal attack". I contested it and asked how my personal preference for an item could be considered a personal attack. I never get a response and the next thing I know, I'm locked out of the forum.

The second instance was after I'd taken over control of my own forum. The admin of another forum I'd left months before got wind of it and, dillusionally (wait, is that a word? XD) thinking that he owned me, "requested" that I shut my forum down and return to his or a "forum war" was on. I refused. He went one step further and tried to bribe me into shutting my site down with a staff position and "free reign" over a specific member at his site that I had unfriendly disagreements with. I still refused (the "Spartan" in my username has a meaning that's most definitely not Halo-related). After that he threatened that if I didn't shut my site down and return to his, he was going to ban me from his site. I told him to go ahead and ban me if he wanted to and ceased communication with him after that. This was, I think, two or so years ago and I don't know if he ever tried to wage that so-called forum war he was threatening or not, but last time I checked, I was still banned from his site and I still have no intention of shutting my site down or returning to his.

The third was a news website that I was banned from commenting on. I reported a racist comment, then next I checked, I was banned from commenting. Never found out why, but then again, I never really cared enough to find out in the first place, so yeah. :innocent:

And aside from that, I've run upon a few blogs and such that I was banned from commenting on despite never having visited them before. Though this can probably be chalked up to random changes of IP address and "luck of the draw".

So that's my story, minus names and specific info to preserve individuals' privacy.

Banned? No. And I am not looking forward to a first. Yet I must take into consideration that over the last... 3 or 4 years I have been more of a mod author than poster. Have only been posting with any consistency over the last 4 or 5 months or so while on hiatus from modding. I DID abruptly leave one site though, mostly because I got tired of the automated server yanking some of my mods for no logical reason. I had to practically DEMAND the site admin to remove my uploads, yet there was still a chance of reconciliation at that point. Then the admin went on the offensive, after previously stating that how he would "like to resolve the issue", so there was no longer any chance of me hanging around that place any more. After having some mildly amusing fun reading the admins obvious changes in tone to my countermeasure responses, I saw that everything had finally been removed and never responded again. I should post the messages somewhere that I still have, kind of predictable and funny really.

I got on everyone's nerves when I post as I normally do, what's so amusing in that respect is that at GTAForums, one can argue the single biggest GTA community, I was still being called out for posting for the sake of posting, I expected the same level of enthusiasm, that's honest fact that some of those shallow folks could not see. I like it here, yeah, Chris friended me on XBL, dare I say? He doesn't game online often or chat there, but that's always cool when someone like a Webmaster or pro takes time out for the little guys. Over at GTAF, for example, PatrickW took time to PM me, but Tank never did. PW is known as the guy who found the Hot Coffee mod, and he's revered over all!

• 1 month later...

ModTheSims2: Because they are a bunch of pansies, because I enjoy my right to free speech and because I hate Japan.

NFSCars: Because I told the Anti-Rice group members to STFU.

NFSUnlimited: Because I hate EA and because I'm skeptical about all of the future NFS games.

And several SA-MP servers' forums.

Edited by TUN3R

Tun3r is certainly an example of how to behave in a forum xP

Anyway, AFAIK I never got banned on any forums. Just warned for double-posting in one forum, but that was like 4 years ago. Never got any warns or anything here.

AFAYK :) I just tried logging in with my old Yahoo Answers account, I don't know why it was banned but I'm sure I deserved it lol.

• 4 months later...

I guess we are enough crapping the Gen Chat learning about bans. Time for a topic lock.

Er, no. You don't decide which topics get locked. And here we don't lock topics for random reasons like that.

It's always interesting to see what people have been up to, it's useful for us staff, and it also shows how welcoming we are to people who have been shunned from other places, usually due to political or personal reasons rather than genuine misconduct. We pride ourselves on that.

• Like 2

Er, no. You don't decide which topics get locked. And here we don't lock topics for random reasons like that.

It's always interesting to see what people have been up to, it's useful for us staff, and it also shows how welcoming we are to people who have been shunned from other places, usually due to political or personal reasons rather than genuine misconduct. We pride ourselves on that.

I see your point.

Thanks for helping me understand once again. And reply to my PM's please.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I have literally no idea. We ignore him for the most part, and he might make a tit of himself every so often but he hasn't broken any rules as far as I can deduce so meh.

Oh, where should I start? Notorious mod thief. Banned from GTAF. Went on to create 100+ accounts trying to sneak in and lying all the time; got banned everytime. Tried to unsuccessfully impersonate another member after having managed to guess his password. Had a prank played on him where he thought the staff were going to make him an admin. He even went to the extent of sending us a lovely picture of himself which currently hangs in the private forums. Extreme fun was had. And by the look of things over here, he hasn't stopped lying. The dude needs to get a life. Seriously.

Also been a while since I've seen you round here, how's things?

I had sort of forgotten about this place since I didn't have it bookmarked on my laptop. But things are good. I hope everything's going well at your end too. :)

• Like 1

Oh, where should I start? Notorious mod thief. Banned from GTAF. Went on to create 100+ accounts trying to sneak in and lying all the time; got banned everytime. Tried to unsuccessfully impersonate another member after having managed to guess his password. Had a prank played on him where he thought the staff were going to make him an admin. He even went to the extent of sending us a lovely picture of himself which currently hangs in the private forums. Extreme fun was had. And by the look of things over here, he hasn't stopped lying. The dude needs to get a life. Seriously.

I had sort of forgotten about this place since I didn't have it bookmarked on my laptop. But things are good. I hope everything's going well at your end too. :)

And you are good at joking. Just don't come here and stop pestering me. You just hate this place.

Stop feeding people with lies.