The Toilet Seat

Harwood Butcher

Ok, for some reason my mom has been on me about this lately and I don't think I've ever put the seat down unless I was about to take a shit. She has really never mentioned this to me before and I don't see what the problem is.

Now I have nothing against women, but I am against authority as most of you should know.

Men are told by women to put the seat down after they put it up to piss. In this scenerio, all that women have to do is walk in and sit their asses down and flush the toilet.

Then when you ask why then you get some kind of response such as, "Just do it, it's not a big deal."...well if it's not a big deal then why don't they just put the damn seat down. Putting it down requires the least amount of work.

Then there are other responses like, "I almost fell in."...are you serious? Don't women look before they sit down?

I just don't understand why women get all beside themselves with this. The main reason I don't do it is because I don't get any kind of valid reason why I should. A valid reason is all that I'm looking for.

lol at "I almost fell in"...fucking epic.

Maybe if you were dying for a dump and you just launched yourself backwards towards the toilet...

Yeah, I don't understand it. Every time I go in for a dump I have to make sure there's nothing on the seat, such as hair, piss or anything else that could possibly land on it. Don't women give a shit what they're sitting on?

I do it just out of habit (Mum and Sister always complained etc.) and it's kinda like tradition I suppose. Similarly, I always hold doors for women too even though they're perfectly capable of opening it themselves.

This always brings up the argument though... if men put the seat down for women after they've pissed, then why don't women put the seat up for men when they've finished?

No woman has ever offered me an acceptable answer to this question. In fairness, I've never asked, but the point is it's never done and I've no idea why. Kinda shits all over the equal rights shite that women wanted back in the olden days... yet they still expect this fairly random courtesy. Admittedly it's probably one of the few, but yeah, kinda weird. :/

I lol'd at falling in. How fucking small would you need to be to do that... I mean unless you're a small child this is never applicable.

Interesting topic :P

But yeah, guess it's all just a part of being a gentleman.

^ Quote ftw, fucking disgusting public toilets. In my secondary school, when I used to be there, the toilets were located in the corridor leading to the canteen, and each time you walk past, there'd be an overpowering stench of piss. It must have been the piping or something, and I never did find out if they fixed it, or if it's still the same today. Pretty much as bad as public toilets, if not worse. A few times as well, people would report seeing a bag in the toilet, and sometimes not even a plastic bag. An actual leather bag, or something, full up with shit. Occasionally left outside classrooms as well, for people to accidently trample on.

I put the seat down when I'm done, it doesn't feel right when I leave the room and it's still up. I read more often than not in there anyway, so it stays down.

@bateman: People actually took shits in school? LOL I don't think anyone would ever shit in a public toilet, nor at school.

I always thought it was weird in American Pie (the first one) how they took the piss out of, and even played a prank on Finch because he always went home to take a shit. I mean to me that's completely normal not shitting at school. No one does. Though to be fair, no one goes home either, you just hold it in.

Quite a few at my secondary school did, might have been something in the food. I never had any school dinners there. People just generally liked to fuck up the toilets, I remember one time when I really had to go, and walked in a booth, and it was just full of shit, worst thing ever. I didn't even think of using it, no way, used another booth. I also hold it in, I'm never comfortable going in public, especially at school. Fucking remote control cars whizzing under the door.

@bateman: People actually took shits in school? LOL I don't think anyone would ever shit in a public toilet, nor at school.

lol. Worst thing ever when you get to school in the morning and need a shit. You either risk getting diseases, or wait it out and get epic stomach pains. xD

Never knew anyone to take a dump at school, tbh. Well, not in the toilet. Wasn't uncommon just to see a crap in the middle of the floor. yarly.