Comet vs. Infernus  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Comet vs. Infernus; Performance

• Comet
    • Infernus
  2. 2. Comet vs. Infernus; Style/ Looks

• Comet
    • Infernus

In Multiplayer Races, the big argument seems to be over whether the Comet, or the Infernus is better, performance wise.

I really haven't noticed much of any difference at all, other than the Ifnernus seems slightly better at straights and avoiding spins, whereas the comet seems to turn a little better, and recover from spins a little better, in exchange for a bit less ability to AVOID spins in the first place.

Personally, I use the Infernus because I use the Comet ALL THE TIME in the game, as I have a cheat for it, but not for the Infernus, and it really gets kinda boring always using the Comet after a while. However, the characteristics of the Comet seem to fit my driving style better, as I'm generally pretty good at avoiding spins.

So, which one do you think is better, Performance, and Style wise?

INFERNUS FAN right here, for races I like to use Banshee, not Comet, I don't really use Comet at all, I don't like it very much, there's no style in it, at least that's what I feel, you can have cheats for other cars, stop using C all the time!

INFERNUS FAN right here, for races I like to use Banshee, not Comet, I don't really use Comet at all, I don't like it very much, there's no style in it, at least that's what I feel, you can have cheats for other cars, stop using C all the time!

The only cheats for cars on the PS3 are for the Comet, FIB Buffalo, Super GT, Turismo, and Cognoscenti.

I do use the FIB Buffalo, and occasionally the Cognoscenti for cruising, but I really don't like the SuperGT or Turismo, and the Comet is the fastest. And I'll do whatever the hell I want. :bleh:

Of course raybob95, of course you can do whatever you want :P yeah, i'm on ps3 too, i thought you're on pc and can have trainers, btw you can put saves from net that have a infernus, and you can take the infernus and go collect other infernus and park in front of your safehouses, or any other cars :P anyways, i'm on ps3 too like i said and i don't have problems in driving great cars from gta4, i don't use one intensive just becose i don't have a cheat :P if you wreck the car too fast use gta-555-0100 if yo lie using cheats :P that way you can 'preserve' your car! Good luck mate!

• 5 weeks later...

The Infernus is based off of the Lamborghini Murcielago, which i think is one of the ugliest cars there is. The slightly raised and completely vertical back turn me off. I'm glad the Comet is based off of the Porsche 911 Turbo and cayman, if it was the Boxster it would be a much harder choice. The Infernus does have better acceleration and top speed, but the handling isn't so good and that's where the Comet excels.

The Infernus is based off of the Lamborghini Murcielago, which i think is one of the ugliest cars there is. The slightly raised and completely vertical back turn me off. I'm glad the Comet is based off of the Porsche 911 Turbo and cayman, if it was the Boxster it would be a much harder choice. The Infernus does have better acceleration and top speed, but the handling isn't so good and that's where the Comet excels.

Actually, the Comet is based off of the Cayman with some 911 influence (front), and the rear is essentially a Carrera GT. As for the Infernus, the front is a Murcielago, but the rear (Also notice that it looks nothing like a Murcielago on the rear ;) ) is a Pagani Zonda.

Pagani_Zonda_F,_2005.jpg

pagani-zonda-f-004.jpg

It's definetly not this:

murcielago4.jpg

Biatch, the Infernus(GTAIV) is the most beuitiful car I've ever seen. In fact the Comet would kick your ass in Race in online play. Though the Comet can pick up speed quicker than the Infernus.

Actually, the Comet is based off of the Cayman with some 911 influence (front), and the rear is essentially a Carrera GT. As for the Infernus, the front is a Murcielago, but the rear (Also notice that it looks nothing like a Murcielago on the rear ;) ) is a Pagani Zonda.

Pagani_Zonda_F,_2005.jpg

pagani-zonda-f-004.jpg

It's definetly not this:

murcielago4.jpg

It's definitely a mix between the two. That top looks more like a concept car, way futuristic.

The Infernus actually has a faster acceleration and a better top speed than the Comet. I use to have a link which let you compare any GTAIV cars with others and the Infernus is overall the fastest car in the game. The Sultan RS has the best acceleration but has a considerably lower top speed than the other supercars, making the Infernus the best car to use in long, straight races. Of course, personal preference does come into account for a lot of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Imo the Comet is an amazing handling car, hardly ever wheelspins and turns so well. I can drive it so much faster as I like to throw cars around in my driving style, and the Comet refuses to slide till much later.

Just giving a SuperGT a good going over lately. Not as quick but looks really good and has Supercharger Whine :D

I much prefer the Comet in both performance and looks but it isn't my favourite sports car - not Turismo either. Comet's seem to suit a lot more colours than the Infernus, I really think the Infernus really only suits red and orange but the Comet seems to suit yellow, red, silver and a whole rainbow of colours. But the Infernus is fast, I can't say it's not but in my opinion it's an ugly car.

Super GT is great though, it's also very rare.