The Simpsons set to end in 2011

Butters!

Not sure how many of you have already heard already (or if it's old news) , but I just learned tonight, that The Simpsons in only contracted for 2 more years on TV. By the end of these 44 episodes, the Simpsons will have 493 episodes, 22 seasons, and will be the longest running primetime television series in US History.

Source

You misunderstood the meaning of it. This does not mean that The Simpsons will die, it simply means that Fox has renewed it to 2011. This means that 2011 is when the contract expires. This means that when it's nearing 2011, Fox has a choice renew to The Simpsons once again for another couple of years, OR, they can cancel The Simpsons.

Edited by NotYouHaha

You misunderstood the meaning of it. This does not mean that The Simpsons will die, it simply means that Fox has renewed it to 2011. This means that 2011 is when the contract expires. This means that when it's nearing 2011, Fox has a choice renew The Simpsons once again, for another couple of years, OR, they can cancel The Simpsons.

exactly :P

i dunno if it will ever end, some people say its getting old and not funny anymore but its still hilarious.

I can't stand the Simpsons so please end it. I noticed this week when I was in Italy that they are obssesed with the Simpsons. Merchandise is everywhere, I wanted to trash it. I don't like it because I think its dull, not funny and go too far. I thought it was wrong when they took the piss of Buddy Holly's death. That was sick. South Park is so much better.

I used to be a really big fan but for the past few years it has been going downhill. I stopped watching at around season 19, but it stopped being funny way before that. Shame really, I grew up with that stuff. I never thought Futurama was really funny either, Family Guy and South Park are top two for me.

I love the Simpsons. Never get tired of it. Obviously I was on Virgin Media, and they removed Sky (The channel Simpson is aired in the UK), now they have it, and I still have to catch up with most of the new episodes. I love Futurama and I like Family Guy, need to watch more of Family Guy though.

Truthfully If they cancel Simpsons, it's there choice, but the good old episodes will always still be rolling on Sky, even if they cancelled it.

Oh yeah I didn't mention South Park, thanks for reminding me Bear. Yeah SP is probably now the longest standing cartoon that's still funny.

The last episode was so awesome, it made Kanye West want to put his ego in check.

Why does everyone keep calling me a gay fish?

I laughed my ass of at the end when he dives into the sea.

Oh yeah I didn't mention South Park, thanks for reminding me Bear. Yeah SP is probably now the longest standing cartoon that's still funny.

The last episode was so awesome, it made Kanye West want to put his ego in check.

Why does everyone keep calling me a gay fish?

I laughed my ass of at the end when he dives into the sea.

omg that episode was so funny lol.

he made a post about it in his blog i heard lol. here

The Simpsons will probably not be canceled but whether it should be is an opinion. Family Guy and American Dad are great shows. King of the Hill is also a decent show but Fox put literally no emphasis on it which is why they got rid of it.

South Park is okay these days, not all the episodes are good and it's not as good as it used to be but it's decent.

The world has outgrown the Simpsons now.

Like, Family guy is just miles ahead of it, it's so much more intelligent. References to pop culture by the bucketful, hugely in your face sexual puns and innuendo. The simpsons seems far to shy in comparison now.

For the record, I love American dad! aswell. So funny.

Bold: Perfectly put. You laugh a lot more watching Family Guy because of that, at least for me.