VIP/SVIP

Alright, thanks for the info cuz I really wouldn't know(haven't played MTA yet but will have it up and running in a month or so)and was just curious.

As for other privileges that the other Elite's could have, how about we let them have DEM rights/ADMIN status to the MTA server so they can ban/punt/etc. people when someone's being a jackass and there's no admin of the server to solve the problem.

I think that would be better than Elites having special weapons, it wouldn't be very fair.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think being a good forum member is very different to being a trusted server administrator. We can't guarantee that every elite will be a good admin. If this was the situation, then we simply would choose to not have many elites. Being elite is a privilege that is earned, being staff is a job.

Plus admins have the ability to get any vehicle/weapon, and also give any vehicle/weapon to anyone else. That would be MORE unfair.

If they ONLY had the ability to ban, NOT the ability to influence the game, then that might be an idea. It would be very obvious if they banned someone unfairly, and they would lose their Elite status straightaway.

Well there aren't many elites, so its not as if new users won't have a chance. They probably won't see an elite very often, so it'll have no effect. If one gang has a lot of elites that may become an issue, but we could make it not apply to the gang-war server (just freeroam).

Plus the entire point of elites is that they ARENT twats, so they won't just go round killing people for no reason. Well Spaz might, but he's allowed to...

The only problem that would arise is when there IS an elite on, we'll get lot's of reports of "ZOMG UZIN BAND WEPONZ!!!!"

And I'm irrelevant to the point, really, since I have admin access and spawn my own weapons/cars anyways. Killing admins with miniguns is fun. Until they realize who you are and spawn their own minigun.

I think being a good forum member is very different to being a trusted server administrator. We can't guarantee that every elite will be a good admin. If this was the situation, then we simply would choose to not have many elites. Being elite is a privilege that is earned, being staff is a job.

Plus admins have the ability to get any vehicle/weapon, and also give any vehicle/weapon to anyone else. That would be MORE unfair.

If they ONLY had the ability to ban, NOT the ability to influence the game, then that might be an idea. It would be very obvious if they banned someone unfairly, and they would lose their Elite status straightaway.

Personally I believe that the staff should be able to trust the Elites, otherwise I don't think they should be Elite but I retract my statement about them being able to have admin rights to the server. Spaz totally raised a point about the Elite being able to have "banned"weapons, which would prove being really annoying if we repeatedly had people complaining thinking that they're cheating. I'm still not even sure if I'd like Elite's to have that extra advantage.... :/

Edit: Honestly, after a day or so, I've come to the conclusion that maybe the Elite's don't need any more privileges? I mean, we've obviously identified the Elite's and Staff as completely different groups, and if I'm correct, being Elite isn't a job while being Staff is so maybe the Elite don't need any more privileges, otherwise, we'd just make them Staff.

Edited by Nate10

Nate, that's sort of what I was saying before. Being Elite is something you earn, something that everyone else aspires to be one day, so it is only fair that there is some reward.

Not every wants to be staff, cos its a job and it can often be boring, and a lot of people hate you just because you're staff. And not everyone can be staff, simply because they don't have the right mindset or skills. But anyone can be elite (eventually) if they just behave well and are helpful enough.

So... I want more members to WANT to be elite; and I want them to try and be really helpful so that they can become elite. Just like people put in effort to win the awards every year, it could be a good way to encourage people to play along and help others. Theoretically...

Gerard, I agree with literally everything you've just said. I REALLY do enjoy the current privileges, and maybe the reason that we haven't found any new privilege's for the Elite is because maybe they have what they need already. If you think that we need more privilege's so members want to become Elite more, well, I think members already do want to become Elite, very badly.

I'm all for finding the Elite more privileges/rewards that fit them, but I just can't figure out any for them. =P