when you see niko

So I have yet to play L&D and probably will only ever play it if it comes to PS3. But I'm just curious cause I know that you see Niko in the game as he and johnny have the same run-in's they had in IV. So for those of you who have experienced that I just wanted to know does niko wear the same clothes that you had him in when you played the mission with him in IV? or does it have him back in his default clothes? Cause that's stupid if it does cause how do you explain him wearing one thing in one of the scenes and something else in another when they are both the exact same moment? I would hope that the game saves his outfit to memory and uses it in the scene for lost and damned as well.

So I have yet to play L&D and probably will only ever play it if it comes to PS3. But I'm just curious cause I know that you see Niko in the game as he and johnny have the same run-in's they had in IV. So for those of you who have experienced that I just wanted to know does niko wear the same clothes that you had him in when you played the mission with him in IV? or does it have him back in his default clothes? Cause that's stupid if it does cause how do you explain him wearing one thing in one of the scenes and something else in another when they are both the exact same moment? I would hope that the game saves his outfit to memory and uses it in the scene for lost and damned as well.

What about the fact that BILLIONS of copies of the game are all playing these missions in different outfits? How does one explain that?

Really, it's a ridiculous thing to complain about. Highly trivial.

it's called ocd

It's also called you causing a big fuss about shit all.

They could do it by saving what clothes you had each mission, then calling those up while The Lost and Damned is running...

...I doubt a decent amount of people would really actually give a shit about that though, it's not even his story.

Edited by Connor

Actually the more I think about it the more it makes sense that they would do it the way they did. I mean it seems like it would have been easy enough for them to call up the clothes he wore in that mission from the save game but then what would be the point. I mean odds are the mission when you take it in L&D wont be at the exact same in-game time and day so what would be the point of being accurate with the clothing. Niko is just a side character in this one so i guess you may as well overlook it.

Edited by rosenberg

Well I'm pretty sure that the whole cool thing about the lost and damned was that it's a story that happens alongside the gta4 story. And so that being the case how does niko magically wear one outfit and then in the exact same moment be wearing another one. I think it's a pretty legitimate thing to complain about being as i'm sure the developers could have pretty easily taken care of that. I just like accuracy is all I'm not making a huge deal about it.

No, you're making a pretty big deal out of it. It's no where near a legitimate thing to complain about. It doesn't effect your gameplay in the very least. Yes, they could implement it, but it is no where near important enough to worry about it. At all.

Can you change your clothes in TLaD? How would one explain the main character wearing a different outfit in the same exact moment?

That's lame. It's amazing the unbelievable things game creators and designers can do and are capable of and yet they don't take care of stupid things like this. You know they could have done something to make it better.

I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous. If you say this minor detail is just a stupid thing, then why are you whining over it so much? Like everyone else said, you're taking this a bit too serious... :/

No, you're making a pretty big deal out of it. It's no where near a legitimate thing to complain about. It doesn't effect your gameplay in the very least. Yes, they could implement it, but it is no where near important enough to worry about it. At all.

Can you change your clothes in TLaD? How would one explain the main character wearing a different outfit in the same exact moment?

Yeah. your right. Which is why I edited that entire post and changed my entire view on it. But I was merely pointing something out in the first place and discussing it. You took it too seriously and made it a big deal not me.

It was a dumb thing even to bring up though I will admit. I do take minor details a bit too seriously. Like I said before.. It's called ocd.

Edited by rosenberg

I'm sorry if I find as much enjoyment in the sense of story as I do with the actual gameplay. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I was never making a huge deal of it though. The Lost & Damned isn't a new separate game released for your console it's DLC. And since it runs off the gta4 engine I reasonably thought it was possible that rockstar could have made it so that the game pulled some stuff off of your gta4 save game in order to better make the stories TRULY intersect. They obviously didn't do that which is fine. I don't care and I never said I thought it was a big deal and that it was anything more than a minor aspect of the game. All I was saying is That would have been cool if they had done that because I think they could have. That's all. What is wrong with me saying that? I'm not upset about it, I'm still gonna buy it if it comes out for ps3 and I'm still gonna enjoy playing it. I simply asked a question. No need to get unnecessarily belligerent. Most of the people who told me i was making a fuss were making an even bigger fuss about the thread itself.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
That's lame. It's amazing the unbelievable things game creators and designers can do and are capable of and yet they don't take care of stupid things like this. You know they could have done something to make it better.

I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous. If you say this minor detail is just a stupid thing, then why are you whining over it so much? Like everyone else said, you're taking this a bit too serious... :/

Is it really that noticeable?