Sign in to follow this  
macorules94

How to fix a scratched disc?

Use black shoe polish, it works very well. Or if all else fails do what I did with my VC game. Get a friend over with the game, give them lots to drink. When they go for a pee, swap the games. I know I am a terrible person but I did this, also he left his memory card over and I needed one as my dog buried mine in the garden so I didn't bother to return it. But black shoe polish is very good.

You probably tried this out seeing how you already used toothpaste but yeah, Check it you may ave missed a step?

Get my friend over with the game, give them lots to drink. When they go for a pee, swap the games. I know I am a terrible person.
Oh my.. Sneaky sneaky.

Or if all else fails do what I did with my VC game. Get a friend over with the game, give them lots to drink. When they go for a pee, swap the games.

Lmao. Gone to my sig for at least a month.

If it fails, try using a chainsaw to slice off a thin layer of the disc. This will remove the layer all the scratches are on. Don't saw of too thick a layer though, as you might accidentally saw off the layer with all the data on.

I've only ever heard bad things about Game Doctor's. Apparently they have little if any effect at all on the disc.

I own one, and it's actually pretty good for small-medium scratches. It saved me from buying a new NFS: MW, GTA: SA, THUG2 & True Crime Streets of LA.

I got mine at a thrift store for 7 bucks. One on ebay or Amazon should only cost about 10 bucks.