Head and tail lights.

Tigeris

Hi all, im a new member here and this is my first post so i hope its in the right spot.

I have been toying around with GTA SA for a while. I am looking for a way or if any one knows, how to mod the way the tail lights look on cars. The car I'm looking to mod is the Elegy. I'm want to change the way it looks. Like make it like the clear lights or add an image to it, like a bio-hazard symbol. If any one could help me out that would be great.

Thanks ^_^

Tigeris.

Hi all, im a new member here and this is my first post so i hope its in the right spot.

I have been toying around with GTA SA for a while. I am looking for a way or if any one knows, how to mod the way the tail lights look on cars. The car I'm looking to mod is the Elegy. I'm want to change the way it looks. Like make it like the clear lights or add an image to it, like a bio-hazard symbol. If any one could help me out that would be great.

Thanks ^_^

Tigeris.

If you're thinking of changing how the lenses for the head & tail lights look, they're found in the vehicle.txd file as 'vehiclelights128' & 'vehiclelightson128'. You'll need the right software to access and change these textures. And the big downside of doing this is that it will change the lights for ALL normal vehicles in the game because those two are common files used by all.

If you want to change them in any other way, then you're going to have alter the actual 3d model of the car and that's a whole other ball of wax! You'll have to learn how to model and import/export vehicles for San Andreas. It might take a lot of work to achieve what you're after...

As for adding an image, in the case of the Elegy, it's not that hard because this car is already set up to accept new paint jobs. You can create a new skin (ie. paint job) and, once installed in the gta3.img file, drive into Wheel Arch Angels and apply it to the car. For examples of this, check out my mod of Elegy skins in the Downloads section or look at some other similar cars that take paint jobs.

For more detailed info, read the Tutorials here, search older message or look on other GTA sites on how to go about this.