Swine Flu?

Slyde

Sounds kind of dumb, but avoid crowded places & cover your mouth when you cough. Simple common sense is most

of the battle.

It's just one more variation of flu but this one is a combination of bird, human & two variations of swine flu. As long

as you're in good health to begin w/ it passes.

More info here, courtesy of the Center for Disease Control -

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/key_facts.htm

It's been raised to a Level 5 something - if it goes to level 6 it becomes a Pandemic.

I don't really think it's anything to worry about, Scientoists have found that the Virus that causes it has mutated scince they tested the ones on dead bodies, and the newly mutated version pose less of a threat. Also, I heard this part on the news earlier, 5 new cases in the UK have been found - all of those where caught in Mexico, none of them where caught here, so the Virus doen't seem to be spreading between humans as well outside of Mexicos Climates (accept in pigs of course).

Edited by Butters!

I'm not really worried but taking precautions doesn't harm anyone. Here in Falkirk people are taking a lot of precautions as we have two people here who do have it, they live not 1 mile away from me.

The things that some people are doing here:

Wearing Face Masks (Some 25 people may have the flu here)

Using hand cleanser (I have one of those for school and going places)

Wearing gloves (rare)

Better than trawling through confusing government websites or deliberately-scary media stories, read the flu wiki.

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what this really is. It is not "swine flu". One version of swine flu mutated (as it regularly does) into this flu, which is a mixture of a few different types. This variation can be passed to humans, and passed between humans.

Exactly, no one ever knows why they named it Swine Flu (Though it comes from the animal Swine family) but this will just scare people more from approaching pigs, etc.

Swine is the official plural form for 'pig', it really is only used in Science and English related jobs. Hence why Swine flu is named as it is. It is also the name of the family pigs come from.

Edited by Thomas.

Eating pig wont mean that you can get the flu just in case any one is wondering.

Has stated it is currently at phase 5 out of 6, when late Summer comes I predict it will get worse. I was hoping they would close the schools in my area

because two kids have it in Lowell a city not far from mine, but I dobut that will happen. Just wash your hands a lot and dont go to Mexico obviously.

Edited by totalaccessGTA

Dude, I heard that same joke in class today.

As for swine flu, fuck it and the fear mongering news outlets who blow shit like this way outta proportion for ratings. Last year, it was bird flu and a couple years before that, mad cow disease. Does anybody actually know anyone who has this? Are you actually in danger? NO. It's practically the regular fucking flu, except it can't be stopped with flu shots. So unless you can actually die from normal flu, you have nothing to worry about. To my knowledge, it's not even airborne. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but this kind of bullshit is one the many reasons I don't pay attention to the news.

Edited by L-RiC

Better than trawling through confusing government websites or deliberately-scary media stories, read the flu wiki.

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what this really is. It is not "swine flu". One version of swine flu mutated (as it regularly does) into this flu, which is a mixture of a few different types. This variation can be passed to humans, and passed between humans.

Agreed on that. Them mainstream media seems to cash in on the flu outbreak, to the point of scaring people into submission.

Yeah, all in all I'm not worried about it. Wash your hands, don't rub your eyes, chew on your fingers or anything crazy like that and really, you should be fine. Its just like any other type of illness to me, this one has just been making headlines and killed a few people. That's part of life, sad as it is :/