Claude the mute

NickS

Based on what I read in R*'s literature and press releases, Claude was supposed to be mute and nameless, since he was supposed to be an in-game representation of yourself, much like in NFSMW and Carbon, where you assume the role of yourself as a street racer.

But I guess the fact that he was internally known as Claude (based on hacking attempts by modders on data files), and the fact that Catalina mentioned his name while having coffee with him adds to the assumption that the mute guy that we're all familiar with is Claude.

in addition on what Huck said, Claude is mute because Catalina shoot his mouth to keep him silent after the bank heist shown on the intro of GTA III. Well even when he is still able to speak (in San Andreas), he never spoke once

I didn't know he spoke in SA. Does he appear another time besides the race? Or maybe i just didn't hear him speak then.

in addition on what Huck said, Claude is mute because Catalina shoot his mouth to keep him silent after the bank heist shown on the intro of GTA III. Well even when he is still able to speak (in San Andreas), he never spoke once

I didn't know he spoke in SA. Does he appear another time besides the race? Or maybe i just didn't hear him speak then.

no, I mean he can still speak at that time, but he never spoke once during the game :)

I wish I could hear his voice in SA when he could still talk :bashhead: he might sound like a cool dude

Based on what I read in R*'s literature and press releases, Claude was supposed to be mute and nameless, since he was supposed to be an in-game representation of yourself, much like in NFSMW and Carbon, where you assume the role of yourself as a street racer.

But I guess the fact that he was internally known as Claude (based on hacking attempts by modders on data files), and the fact that Catalina mentioned his name while having coffee with him adds to the assumption that the mute guy that we're all familiar with is Claude.

When did Catalina mentioned his name while having coffee with him? Is that part of the game?

Edited by warrior13

I'm pretty sure everyone covered the topics main question, but towards the current question:

There's a mission where you do a race, and I haven't played this in years so I MIGHT NOT BE 100% ACCURATE, but I think it's a race between Catalina + Claude vs. you because she's pissed off at you for breaking up with her and wants to look good with her new boy toy or some shit like that. Anyway, yeah, pretty sure you meet Claude in that mission.

um, I think Catalina also mentioned Claude's name on her prank call to CJ near the end of the storyline. And they're having some coffee

Ur right! But I didn't realize they were having some coffee together. R U sure they're not having hot coffee? :lolbounce:

um, I think Catalina also mentioned Claude's name on her prank call to CJ near the end of the storyline. And they're having some coffee

Ur right! But I didn't realize they were having some coffee together. R U sure they're not having hot coffee? :lolbounce:

Oh c'mon, I think everyone who played that game already imagined that they are having hot coffee.

@Nate : yeah!

Oh c'mon, I think everyone who played that game already imagined that they are having hot coffee.

Who knows? To me it would be a bit strange coz she called me during daytime in the game

Who knows? To me it would be a bit strange coz she called me during daytime in the game

You know you can have sex during the daytime, there aren't rules that say you have to have sex at night (except maybe some stupid law in a random country that I am not aware of).

But yeah GTA III's playable character is called Claude and he is a mute and I think it rocks, it make him more bad ass in my opinion.

Yeah but I'm a bit busy during the daytime (what?!).

How does Claude look more bad ass if he's a mute?

If he had a bad atitude with a rough voice then that'll make him even more bad ass (just my opinion)

Edited by warrior13

In SA she makes several references to "Claude". Read somewhere that buried in GTA3 files are references to

Claude speed as the player character. I think it was in a GTA timeline article in a game magazine just before the

release of GTA4. I expected his voice would sound like Mark Walberg.

In SA R* could have tied up a few things by having some kind of shootout between CJ & Claude ending in Claude being

shot in the throat & rendered mute.

In SA she makes several references to "Claude". Read somewhere that buried in GTA3 files are references to

Claude speed as the player character. I think it was in a GTA timeline article in a game magazine just before the

release of GTA4. I expected his voice would sound like Mark Walberg.

In SA R* could have tied up a few things by having some kind of shootout between CJ & Claude ending in Claude being

shot in the throat & rendered mute.

Really? That's kinda interesting to know :D

Claude is mute because of a reason. Have any of you played through GTA2 ever? You play as a guy in top down view, doing jobs for only 3 possible gangs within the city, and you're not doing out of the gangs interest, you're doing it out of money, but then you also can do other gangs jobs, even if it's the opposing gang. GTA2 and GTA3 have similarities between each other. In GTA2 you play supposedly as Claude Speed (Although when you watch that small movie at the beginning, you see he's Asian). In GTA3 you play as someone else, but is called Claude Speed. Both GTA's have gangs you work with, in which you have to play as a Neutral Character, because if you worked with other gangs and you followed interest with them, you wouldn't be called neutral would you? Being neutral means you only care within the mutual interest of the money, not the reason for the gang.

So the reason he's mute, is because if he wasn't, he wouldn't be neutral, plus he probably would alliance with a gang, rather than work as an independent contractor doing jobs for others. And if he ever did talk, he would probably end up getting himself killed. He's better off keeping quiet for a good reason, to not get himself killed. And because he's just awesome being quite, at least you could call him the "Silent Killer".

Claude is mute because of a reason. Have any of you played through GTA2 ever? You play as a guy in top down view, doing jobs for only 3 possible gangs within the city, and you're not doing out of the gangs interest, you're doing it out of money, but then you also can do other gangs jobs, even if it's the opposing gang. GTA2 and GTA3 have similarities between each other. In GTA2 you play supposedly as Claude Speed (Although when you watch that small movie at the beginning, you see he's Asian). In GTA3 you play as someone else, but is called Claude Speed. Both GTA's have gangs you work with, in which you have to play as a Neutral Character, because if you worked with other gangs and you followed interest with them, you wouldn't be called neutral would you? Being neutral means you only care within the mutual interest of the money, not the reason for the gang.

So the reason he's mute, is because if he wasn't, he wouldn't be neutral, plus he probably would alliance with a gang, rather than work as an independent contractor doing jobs for others. And if he ever did talk, he would probably end up getting himself killed. He's better off keeping quiet for a good reason, to not get himself killed. And because he's just awesome being quite, at least you could call him the "Silent Killer".

I didn't know he's a nuetral character. I thought he joined in with the Yakuza gang because he had some interest with them. But then again, he might not since he killed Kenji in one of Donalds missions.

Exactly. If he had interest in the Yakuza's, why did he kill Kenji in one of Donald's missions? He doesn't. And as a neutral character, you have to think neutral. So he has to do anything he can just to make money, which was really the main point in the game, other than killing Catalina.

Exactly. If he had interest in the Yakuza's, why did he kill Kenji in one of Donald's missions? He doesn't. And as a neutral character, you have to think neutral. So he has to do anything he can just to make money, which was really the main point in the game, other than killing Catalina.

Ok, but what is he gonna do with all that money? It's just too much! I mean, you can't really buy anything there except for weapons and going to pay n' spray and that only cost a little bit.

• 1 month later...

well besides ammo and pay n spray if you ever get busted by the police or get killed the police and the hospital take all your weapons and some money as a bribe.....and i agree since Claude is mute it makes him a badass and if he were to talk then i also agree that he would of made some kind of alliance with some gang...therefore....being a neutral is the best fit for him