E3 2009

The Bossman

Just thought I'd throw in as another Sony exclusive lost. :P

Just so you know, MGS never was a Sony exclusive. Remember MGS2? Also apparently Sony is going to get their own MGS exclusive aswell, something to do with Big Boss because 360 is getting Raiden. Read that from comments on a PS3 forum.

Yes, I remember Substance. What I meant was that MGS was primarily a Playstation franchise. Why must I constantly explain myself?

Edited by L-RiC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the Project Natal thing for the 360 and I have to say I'm impressed. That demonstration with Milo makes me think of the possibilities that could be achieved with it. Adventure games could make a HUGE comeback. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid Rising on Xbox. Just thought I'd throw in as another Sony exclusive lost. :P

It was originally a Nintendo game.

Rock Band The Beatles is the only thing I'm looking forward to that is being announced at E3. Apparently earlier today a rock band actually played it, and Paul and Ringo got on stage. Fuck. That would've been the only reason to watch it. :'(

And All You Need Is Love being exclusive DLC for Xbox is bullshit. Fuck you MS. All we have is a Wii, and I like that song. Granted, it wouldn't be that much fun to play, so fuck it. As long as I get Revolution, Helter Skelter, I've Just Seen A Face, and a few others, I'll be fine.

Just so you know, MGS never was a Sony exclusive. Remember MGS2? Also apparently Sony is going to get their own MGS exclusive aswell, something to do with Big Boss because 360 is getting Raiden. Read that from comments on a PS3 forum.

Yes, I remember Substance. What I meant was that MGS was primarily a Playstation franchise. Why must I constantly explain myself?

I'm just saying that Sony didn't lose an exclusive as it never was one from the beginning.

Oh and Ivan while Microsoft's E3 was very powerful, I believe that Sony's will still beat it. Feel free to prove me wrong though if it doesn't :P

Edit: This just in from a Sony representative after yesterday's showcase of events by Microsoft, Sony is rumored to be prepping up quite a line up for their presentation.

The rep claims that at least three new Ip's shall be present for the PlayStation platform and these would include an exclusive game from R* studios, Kojima's Project S and something big from Square centering around the Kingdom Hearts Universe.

Edited by Mpilk901

I'm just saying that Sony didn't lose an exclusive as it never was one from the beginning.

Oh and Ivan while Microsoft's E3 was very powerful, I believe that Sony's will still beat it. Feel free to prove me wrong though if it doesn't :P

Edit: This just in from a Sony representative after yesterday's showcase of events by Microsoft, Sony is rumored to be prepping up quite a line up for their presentation.

The rep claims that at least three new Ip's shall be present for the PlayStation platform and these would include an exclusive game from R* studios, Kojima's Project S and something big from Square centering around the Kingdom Hearts Universe.

Fuck, that sounds great, and Project S? That's Kojima's and Suda51's game, my favourite game makers on the same game? Fuck yeah

'Lightening Bolt Action', heh, a nice change from Tactical Espionage Action. It looks cool, but obviously like the Splinter Cell teasers, it shows us nothing really. I dunno, I've never warmed to Raiden, but maybe this game'll change my opinion. The game has been confirmed for a PS3 and PC release as well, here's a link. Before that though, note that Konami never mentioned exclusive during the announcement, so it was quite obvious it'd be multi-platform. It's good though, it'll lead to more sales and more profits for the company - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216463

And, MGS Peace Walker is coming to PSP in 2010 - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216452

Edited by Bateman.

It was originally a Nintendo game.

Let's just go ahead and admit that the first MGS game was also remade for the Gamecube, in addition to the original Metal Gear games for the NES and the MSX. Besides, so was Final Fantasy. Did that stop a shitload of fanboys crying foul when FFXIII was announced for the 360?

Of course it wasn't. But do you think diehard fans who are too young to remember the MSX would know that? Probably not. Besides, that original comment was partially made in jest. Do you have to take EVERY slight against Sony so seriously?

Anyway, I'm loving the new sandbox games that have been revealed so far. I didn't know Crackdown was getting a sequel, but hell yeah! APB and Saboteur look cool, too.

Edited by L-RiC

Of course it wasn't. But do you think diehard fans who are too young to remember the MSX would know that? Probably not. Besides, that original comment was partially made in jest. Do you have to take EVERY slight against Sony so seriously?

I just thought that maybe you weren't aware that it was never an exclusive.

To be honest I couldn't care less about Microsoft getting a game from Kojima, it's only fair that they get a shot of Metal Gear right? Speaking of which I never got round to playing any of the MGS games, who wants to send me 1, 2 and 3? :)

Edit: Anybody who wants to watch Nintendo's E3 Conference Live can see it here: http://www.justin.tv/G4TV_E3#mychat It starts in 40 minutes.

I'll post a link to Sony's when it's time as well.

Edited by Mpilk901

I swear I saw a link to new Modern Warfare 2 footage, but I can't find it now. It was on the CVG site. Nevermind, I'll have another look.

EDIT: I found a link for it, but not via CVG - http://www.pushsquare.com/2767/e3-2009-fir...meplay-footage/

I haven't watched it yet, will do now.

OK, the character you play as is called Sgt. Gary 'Roach' Sanderson, of Task Force 141. I'll post more when I watch more of the vid.

Here's a high quality Youtube version of the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGbmULgDRg...&feature=iv. Click high quality.

Edited by Bateman.

I just thought that maybe you weren't aware that it was never an exclusive.

"Exclusive Playstation Franchise" is almost synonymous with "Primarily a Playstation Franchise". I'd think other people would recognize that.

Ending this, I'm liking how Splinter Cell: Conviction is turning out. I'm like the immersion factor and the fast-paced gameplay.

I watched the first hour of Nintendo's conference and it was pretty rubbish. Something about Super Mario Bros for Wii, new Zelda game for DS, Wii Fit +, Wii Sports Resort and some other stuff. I didn't hear the audience clap once.

Going to have dinner while I wait for Sony's.

'Lightening Bolt Action', heh, a nice change from Tactical Espionage Action. It looks cool, but obviously like the Splinter Cell teasers, it shows us nothing really. I dunno, I've never warmed to Raiden, but maybe this game'll change my opinion. The game has been confirmed for a PS3 and PC release as well, here's a link. Before that though, note that Konami never mentioned exclusive during the announcement, so it was quite obvious it'd be multi-platform. It's good though, it'll lead to more sales and more profits for the company - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216463

And, MGS Peace Walker is coming to PSP in 2010 - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216452

Shit, for real? A new MGS for the PSP and a new MGS for the 360 that's nothing like what MGS usually is?

Fuck, why has Kojima been disappointing me? Grrr, here I was thinking it would be a new game featuring Suda51....

Anyway, I don't have high hopes for MGS: Rising, Kojima isn't thrilled at all at he new game, just check out this link

Of coure it could be some translation mistakes but who knows...

Edited by Ivan

Is nobody reading this?
The rep claims that at least three new Ip's shall be present for the PlayStation platform and these would include an exclusive game from R* studios

Exclusive Rockstar game! Hurrah!

I'm watching the Sony conference and the first thing he anncounced was Rockstar's PS3 exlcusive called Agent (not sure) then my sound went out has I

logged onto R*s website. I coudnt hear any more. :pissedred: However I did hear that the game takes place in the 1970's I think. Can somebody confirm

this!

EDIT: For a second I fought I was hearing things, but no its true Rockstars PS3 exclusive is called Agent. :R*N::awesome: Thank you Rockstar for giving

us PS3 fans an exlusive. :clapping:

Edited by totalaccessGTA

Just finished watching the Sony E3 Conference and I thought it was absolutely mind blowing.

Summary of Sony's E3 Conference:

-Just announced a total of 364 games hitting PS consoles this year.

-Stunning gameplay footage of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was shown.

-Zipper presents their upcoming game MAG and shows gameplay footage of a live battle with 256 players from across parts of America. MAG will hit Fall 2009.

-The PSP Go has been officially announced. 16GB internal memory, Wi-fi, download games, bluetooth, memory stick micro to expand memory capacity. Will NOT replace PSP-3000 or UMD. PSP-3000 will continue to live on. PSP Go will retail for $249.99 on October 1st, 2009. Worldwide launch.

-New PSP app called Sense Me. Analyzes music library based on selected mood. Video delivery service for PSP announced.

-New application to use PS Store via PC. Called Media Go.

-Gran Turismo for the PSP is officially announced. 800 cars, 35 tracks, 60 track layout variations. Full scaled GT game. 60 frames per second. Yamauchi is making it clear, this is NOT a shrunken down game. Launches on October 1st, 2009 side by side with the PSP Go.

-Kojima shows off new Metal Gear for PSP. Will be called MGS: Peace Walker. 10 years after MGS3.

-New Resident Evil game for PSP.

-LittleBigPlanet PSP, Socom Fireteam 3, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and MotorStorm coming to PSP in 2009.

-Final Fantasy VII PSOne game for PSN. Available tonight on PSN.

-Lost Planet 2 confirmed for PS3.

-New Rockstar North game, Agent, PS3 exclusive.

-Fantastic in-game footage of Assasins Creed 2 on PS3 is shown.

-AC2 and AC for PSP will have connectivity (Similiar to Resistance 2 and Resistance Retribution). Both launching Holiday 2009.

-Final Fantasy XIII video is shown.

-FF14 announced. Exclusive to PS3. Set to launch in 2010.

-Sony's own motion controller is displayed. Google for more information (far too much detail to go into)

-Sony announcing new play.create.share game called Mod Nation Racers. Has a AMAZING level of creativity. Seriously, youtube this. Looks stunning.

-New PS3 exclusive called 'The Last Gaurdian' is announced.

-Footage of GT5 is shown. Includes WRC, NASCAR licenses. Will have full damage models for cars.

-God of War 3 footage is shown set for a March 2010 release.

And that's everything. I seriously suggest googling videos of some of this stuff (especially the motion controller) to find out more.

So who was better? Microsoft or Sony? It's all upto opinion you could say but I personally am going to go with Sony as I was more attracted to it's titles and some of that gameplay footage really left my jaw wide open.

Personally I'm tempted to pick up a pre-owned Xbox for some of those exclusive titles like Alan Wake etc, they look great. I don't have any money at the moment though. We'll see in the future...

Edited by Mpilk901

Shit, this was an epic E3 apart from Nintendo, congrats to MS and Sony even though I liked Sony's Conference more, announcing a REAL MGS, a RE for the PSP and all that footage was really awesome.

Btw I recommend getting a 360 but with all this exclusive stealing and titles going multi-platform I dunno.

Edited by Ivan