The Sims 3

Mike356

What are your thoughts on this game since the website is very detailed. Though no forums yet what do you hope is actually in the game and what do you think of the new neighborhood style, instead of just controlling just one house, What do you think the expansion packs are gonna be like and is their gonna be any online features?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts on this game since the website is very detailed. Though no forums yet what do you hope is actually in the game and what do you think of the new neighborhood style, instead of just controlling just one house, What do you think the expansion packs are gonna be like and is their gonna be any online features?

The Sims Online was an amazing game until it was fucked with, turned into "EALand"((wow, full of yourselves much, EA?)), and then shut down. If they made TS3 online, and FREE, it would be amazing.

What I've been looking forward to since the first details were released is quarter-tile placement. Fixing that awkward ass furniture placement. FUCKING FINALLY.

Also, the first tv trailer I saw for it, was hilarious.

The Sims Online was an amazing game until it was fucked with, turned into "EALand"((wow, full of yourselves much, EA?)), and then shut down. If they made TS3 online, and FREE, it would be amazing.

What I've been looking forward to since the first details were released is quarter-tile placement. Fixing that awkward ass furniture placement. FUCKING FINALLY.

Also, the first tv trailer I saw for it, was hilarious.

The Sims Online was great. My mom and I played it hella. My mom actually was a reporter/writer/whatever you call it for The Alphaville Herald. We quit though about 6 years ago. She plays Second Life now. I used to play it too on the teen grid, but got banned. I'm actually not even sure why I'm saying this. :lol:

Anyway, yeah. Researched some shit about The Sims 3, and yeah. Ima buy this the day it comes out.

Edited by Nate10

I'll also give this thing a shot, too, although I definitely need an upgrade, and I think it'll take a while before any custom content shows up.

I'm in the same boat. It turns out the game won't even start on a PC without a decent enough graphics card. At least I only have $20 worth of upgrades I need to buy.

Well... it sucks.

I'm sorry, but it really does if you ask me. And yes, I've got a the leaked version. Which is the version that's gone gold.

Anyway, let's start of with the graphics, they're absolute crap. You know how most games that you install, you first have the crank up the settings (as they always start on either medium or low). Well, that's what I wanted to do. I was like bleh, uglyness. Let's quicly crank up those settings. So I open the menu for graphics and I was absolutely shocked to see it was actually already running at max. God. Really, Half Life 2, a game of 2004, looks lighyears ahead of Sims3.

Beh, at least the fps would be rock steady, right? Well.. don't think you're going to get 200 fps with this game. No. I've got no idea at what it's actually running, but what I do know is that this game has a horrible Vsync problem and frame drops now and then, for no obvious reason at all.

So, the engine is absolute crap, ok.

The camera is pretty shitty too, but on the bright side, it is much better than the one of the Sims 2. Bye bye loading screens, those are history too (well, for a part). It does add up to a good experience.

Other then that, just more options, better sound (yeah) and a nice 'wish' and personality system. Gameplay has improved, yes. Much better. But I just can't get over the graphical flaws. Like, please, at least just a Vsync. Just so it won't hurt the eyes.

If they come with that, yeah, I'm sure the fans will be very happy and even people like me might like it a bit.

So, the only reason you think the game sucks is because the graphics are shit? Okay, because that totally matters in a life simulation game whose fanbase who concerns itself with making custom content and/or playing the game, right?

I don't see any dramatic graphical improvements, partly because EA decided to make things a little cartoony, perhaps? But at least nobody cares; R* developed and published GTASA with graphics that HL2 can pwn, but at least the former did sell well because of its gameplay.

And you tried your hand at the leaked version (the Reloaded or Razor1911 release, perhaps? :P) EA says it's buggy, so maybe waiting a few days will do.

About time they done something with that furniture placement.

The most thing that I HATE about the Sims series is that it takes a shit load of time to make enough money to make a normal house. But I have to say the sims 2 sucked. Becuase the house creation was confusing. And it took me almost 4 months just to get $400,000. They should really start making the sims for the consel now, again.

So, the only reason you think the game sucks is because the graphics are shit? Okay, because that totally matters in a life simulation game whose fanbase who concerns itself with making custom content and/or playing the game, right?

I don't see any dramatic graphical improvements, partly because EA decided to make things a little cartoony, perhaps? But at least nobody cares; R* developed and published GTASA with graphics that HL2 can pwn, but at least the former did sell well because of its gameplay.

And you tried your hand at the leaked version (the Reloaded or Razor1911 release, perhaps? :P) EA says it's buggy, so maybe waiting a few days will do.

I don't know, I forgot which version I downloaded. Like I said, it won't even play unless I get a non-suck graphics card.

About time they done something with that furniture placement.

The most thing that I HATE about the Sims series is that it takes a shit load of time to make enough money to make a normal house. But I have to say the sims 2 sucked. Becuase the house creation was confusing. And it took me almost 4 months just to get $400,000. They should really start making the sims for the consel now, again.

Ergh, I thought the Sims was terrible on the consoles. To be honest sometimes I cheated with money sometimes I didn't. I did get one sim to make £100,000 in a week (lots of bonuses) and her daily wage was £4000. That was journalism career.

Also I am not fussed if the graphics aren't amazing. I thought the Sims 2 graphics were good.