The Sims 3

Mike356

About time they done something with that furniture placement.

The most thing that I HATE about the Sims series is that it takes a shit load of time to make enough money to make a normal house. But I have to say the sims 2 sucked. Becuase the house creation was confusing. And it took me almost 4 months just to get $400,000. They should really start making the sims for the consoles now, again.

I mostly cheat in that game, but I don't mind, since I just play it for the lulz.

About piracy:

Huck and L-Ric:The Razor1911 is the full version.

Although yeah, i downloaded it too.

A bit laggy though,agree with Jace on the GFX in the game.

Won't be trying it for now, it's still too early since I'm waiting for upgrades and custom content.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most thing that I HATE about the Sims series is that it takes a shit load of time to make enough money to make a normal house. But I have to say the sims 2 sucked. Becuase the house creation was confusing. And it took me almost 4 months just to get $400,000. They should really start making the sims for the consel now, again.

Ergh, I thought the Sims was terrible on the consoles. To be honest sometimes I cheated with money sometimes I didn't. I did get one sim to make £100,000 in a week (lots of bonuses) and her daily wage was £4000. That was journalism career.

Also I am not fussed if the graphics aren't amazing. I thought the Sims 2 graphics were good.

I never knew the Sims had a money cheat. What game has that cheat?

The most thing that I HATE about the Sims series is that it takes a shit load of time to make enough money to make a normal house. But I have to say the sims 2 sucked. Becuase the house creation was confusing. And it took me almost 4 months just to get $400,000. They should really start making the sims for the consel now, again.

Ergh, I thought the Sims was terrible on the consoles. To be honest sometimes I cheated with money sometimes I didn't. I did get one sim to make £100,000 in a week (lots of bonuses) and her daily wage was £4000. That was journalism career.

Also I am not fussed if the graphics aren't amazing. I thought the Sims 2 graphics were good.

I never knew the Sims had a money cheat. What game has that cheat?

Prertty sure each The Sims games has money cheats for it.

All of them, here they are :)

£50,000 (motherlode)

£1,000 (kaching)

This is a good one, it unlocks all the career rewards. (unlockcareerrewards)

This turns off aging (agingoff)

To turn back on again is (agingon)

It would suck if the Sims 3 is buggy. Why release it if its buggy.

Although I'm not a Sims fan, I played the very first on the PC when I was young, that was an awesome game, back in the early days of course.

My mate is the one who's probably gonna buy this game. So I'll see what it's like. Also, Steam, if I was you, buy the full game. Pirated versions of games just suck in general really, unless you want it badly. Having the full Disc is much more legitimate, and will most likely work better.

Although I'm not a Sims fan, I played the very first on the PC when I was young, that was an awesome game, back in the early days of course.

My mate is the one who's probably gonna buy this game. So I'll see what it's like. Also, Steam, if I was you, buy the full game. Pirated versions of games just suck in general really, unless you want it badly. Having the full Disc is much more legitimate, and will most likely work better.

Not always, but when a game isn't finished being developed yet, yeah, it'll probably suck ass.

And Sims games for consoles blow donkey cock. Hard as shit to play((the game was definitely made for mouse control)), no customization, I couldn't for the life of me build a fucking house.

Not always, but when a game isn't finished being developed yet, yeah, it'll probably suck ass.

And Sims games for consoles blow donkey cock. Hard as shit to play((the game was definitely made for mouse control)), no customization, I couldn't for the life of me build a fucking house.

Yeah, them buccaneers did manage to leak the beta, but I won't be picking it up based on the fact that it isn't that optimised. And you're right, Spaz, I don't see the point of TS for consoles, unless if you can't get enough of it.

In other words they are lame. I just hated how there was no freedom. You had to do exactly what the game tells you and live in a gym and other stupid places.

The place that I wanted to see the most was Malcom's Mansion. What does it look like Bear? Like a mansion?

Do you know it could be? But knowing the game it could be a shack.

I used to play them on console just because my computer was terrible and wouldn't accept the Sims 2 on there. It would take two hours to load and then tell me "System will now terminate". They are so hard and with no freedom its just lame. I can't remember how far I got on the game but meh.

I am looking forward to Sims 3 because I am now bored shitless of the Sims 2. I think I have done everything that can be possibly done so I am bored. I even managed to make a Mini Paris, which was pretty good. So Sims 3 better amuse me.

So, the only reason you think the game sucks is because the graphics are shit? Okay, because that totally matters in a life simulation game whose fanbase who concerns itself with making custom content and/or playing the game, right?

Basically, yes.

Having a Vsync problem is just unacceptable if you ask me.

And from and eye-candy point of view, it just has none.

You know, wanting to get top-end graphics is one thing, but making the game look as if it's from 2003 with the shitty frame-rate this one runs at? Shame on those devs..

It's the full version, but maybe it's just buggy and needs some patches until it's somewhat playable.

Pirated versions of games just suck in general really

I disagree.

I buy most of my games, download the ones I'd want to try, but might dislike (like RaceDriver Grid, which has been my first racing game in years. I liked it. I bought it.)

But really, there isn't any difference between the pirated version and the legal one. If anything, the pirated version works better. Same software, less hassle.

I bought Mirrors Edge and for the first time I was confronted with DRM that makes me sick. "De-activate the game for this machine". What the fuck is that shit? That's going to get me into trouble after reformatting a few times. DRM of Crysis Warhead was fine though. Didn't bother me and was quite user friendly (no disc in drive needed, no stupid application launching when I just want to play the game. No problems. But the DRM of Rockstar was just awful.

At first, my (legal!) GTA IV just didn't activate. I've reformated since and now, it suddenly does (YEAH!), but then I get loads of trouble with that shitty Games for Windows Live.

Seriously, I just want to play the damn game. Why do I have to make an account to play every single game I have! I'm getting sick of this account business.

But ok, this has nothing to do with the Sims 3 though... Which is DRM free by the way. So that's pretty sweet.

Oh, and I have since removed the Sims 3 from my computer. Just was curious about the changes they had made. Never planned to actually buy the game either though.

But back to graphics, doesn't anyone find it slightly annoying?

It's like going back in time after playing the games of this day and age. I just can't help but feeling quite underwhelmed after playing games like CoD4 and Grid. Games that are pretty much the standard these days and they both run at more then double the framerate (though as I said, might just be a little problem in the game that will be fixed with a patch).

But back to graphics, doesn't anyone find it slightly annoying?

It's like going back in time after playing the games of this day and age. I just can't help but feeling quite underwhelmed after playing games like CoD4 and Grid. Games that are pretty much the standard these days and they both run at more then double the framerate (though as I said, might just be a little problem in the game that will be fixed with a patch).

I don't. I still enjoy playing all of my old old games whether they're my favorite game of all time or not. Then again, graphics have never swayed me into not buying a game so I'm bias in that sense.

oh, I do enjoy old games. But releasing a game a new game that looks really incredibly old (and runs pretty choppy) just isn't all that nice.

I don't like the graphics, but I won't make a fuss about it. The thing that does piss me off is the lack of Vsync (which might be added with a patch). Maybe it's running fine though, but just looks like crap because of the lack of Vsync, I haven't actually measured the fps.

On the other hand, I am a graphicswhore, so I might just be a little bitchy about these type of things.

I am not impressed with the Sims 3. I like the build a sim mode as that is superior to the Sims 2. Otherwise I don't like it, the camera angles are awkard, Jace is right about the graphics, they are blocky and look silly. Also I like building my own neighbourhood and shaping it to what I like, but I can't do that. I find it quite restricting. Shame as I was really looking foward to this.

What does everyone else think?

It took me forever but now I can scroll up the screen. Thank God. I still think the graphics arent amazing but so far it now seems quite good. I think I need to play it for a few days straight. I wish I could make my own neighbourhood though. I recreated Paris in the Sims 2 and I was hoping to do it again. But maybe when an expansion pack comes out I will be able to.

• 2 weeks later...