Centralising modding discussion

Chris

This is a repost of a suggestion I made a while back, but due to lack of feedback nothing was ever done about it. Please this time give your opinion on the change, it might not affect you but you can still say whether you think it's a good idea or not.

Currently, each of the major GTA games has a subforum for mod related discussion. This is fine, but there's a problem whereby there is nowhere to discuss modding in general, tools, help, etc. Or topics that cover multiple games, like IMG Tool for instance which covers the entire III era - members get confused as to where they're supposed to ask for help for that.

Having a dedicated forum for modding will solve this problem, and will also mean modding discussion is centralised and all in one place.

The subforums we currently have would simply be moved into this new dedicated forum, and remain there for game-specific modding topics/questions etc as they are now.

Your thoughts?

I think doing it like multiplayer would be best. One modding subforum for cross-game topics, with a subforum for each game/era. I think this is what you suggested. That way you don't get thousands of topics thrown together. You could also have redirects from each game subforum.

But if you did only have one subforum, you'd need a well-organised selection of pinned topics to make everything findable, which doesn't happen enough here.

If you do this, we won't get so many people confused with the sub-forums.

The idea is great in fact, something like this really should of been done along time ago but hey, as long as we're discussing it now, this is possibly something essential on the forums, to make it more "Friendlier" than it is now.