Vehicles in future GTAs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see more of the Willard. A frickin' Dodge Dynasty, man. I've owned three of them myself. But they need to puff out oil smoke at stoplights like the real ones with the 3.0 engine do. That's another thing. Mechanical issues, especially in bad parts of town, should be added to unoccupied cars. Say a car is parked, there should be a one in three chance that the thing has a dead battery (won't go anywhere), or the transmission slips in forward gears (can only drive in reverse), or like, the engine overheats and tries to cut out an hour later (hour of game time). If it stalls and you restart and drive for another hour, it should catch fire, making the driver jump out and find another car. Could really suck if you're stuck in the middle of a gang war and can't find a running car.

I would also like to see something resembling an 80's Crown Vic or Grand Marquis, the boxy one. With wide chrome wheels, dark tint, and family names on the back window. Also the "conversion" Chevy/Ford trucks and Suburbans, Regency and Cowboy do those type of conversions, makes the interior extra-plush, adds ground effects, billet grills, custom paint jobs, wide chrome wheels, et cetera.

As for individual car models, let's go with 90s Cadillac Seville, 80s Chevy Monte Carlo SS, 90s Dodge Intrepid (this one should have a 2 in 3 chance of being a POS), new Ford Super Duty diesel pickup, 90s Geo Metro sedan, 90s Kia Sephia, late 90s Nissan Maxima, older diesel Mercedes that are slow but take lots of damage (think late 70s early 80s W123, like a 240D), Volvo 240, and the New Beetle.

how about a rocket car or something of the like?

Agh, i cringe every time i hear this. Grand Theft Auto is not about rockets or space or flying cars or teleporters. Its about commondering cars, jacking jets, blowing up boats, and pummeling pedestrians. Why not just have a fast car, or a plane. Don't go over the top man, it would just spoil the variety cos everyone would want to have that car, and it would be boring. If you want to include rocket cars, you'll have to go the full way with lots of other cars, traffic, and a space-age city to go with it. But then thats not a GTA game.

Why not just get the PC version and mod it there as per usual.

Yea i spose being able to mod a console version would be a bonus. Mind you, Rockstar might not allow that, because modding is the reason most people buy the PC versions of GTA, if you could do that all on the PS3, then they would only sell that version.

• 5 months later...

for one you can't have the names of the car on the vechile unless R* get teh linece to use that car in the games the most they can do is look alikes which is better becasue they could edit the car morebecaseu I am sure ford would not liek to see that is you hit somethign the front bumper falls off or what ever.

I like the saber type car but what I really want to see is car liek the ones from the movie fast and teh furious with just as much detail. I want to hear the better sound teh engine roar when you speed up all that. I also want to see more realistic car damage where damage accually affects the car but not to realistice to take the fun out of the game. what I am tryign to say is if you shoot the front of a car it start smoking and slighty slows the car down but not too much and the smoke make it harder to see. and I want to see more upgrades not only for cars looks and speed but to it's endurance. I want it to be huge like options to reduce weight to make car go faster but decreases its strenght or armor for you car to take more damger and all that. also you should be abel to get a smoke generator for your car so help lose cop and make them crash.

I think that the next GTA should have more American muscle cars in it. I know that the Ford Mustang has always been in the game, and in SA they added the Plymouth Roadrunner. The Chevelle SS 396(Sabre Turbo) was bad ass in VC, and I hated the fact that SA only had a regular stock Chevelle(Sabre) so the "Turbo" should come back in the next GTA. Hopefully the next GTA will have an SR-71 Blackbird in it, so you can kick some commie ass. Other "cars" would be some scooters or whatever the gently caress that 90's fad thing was called, with that redneck-ass motor on it. I would love to run those over, of course with people riding them :).

• 2 months later...

i think first off if its possable that rockstar gets licenses to use real car companies like ferrari and honda and ford....

but however if they dont i think that the game should have alot to do with street racing theme and have the option to customize your car to teh depth of need for speed underground 2... i think the car customizing should have a great importance to the plot and the plot should be more of a fast and furious theme where there are, CARS, GIRLS, and guns... i think the cars should be the focus of a game called "grand theft AUTO" maybe the main character you play as should be into the tuner business and possably own an import shop and there are other companies out there and all this shit idk and you work for different poeple kill people you know the way it goes in gta lol. but i think there should be random cars that are customized in the streets and they maybe race you or chase you. also you should be able to have friends or contacts that you can race or drive around with wheneveru want possably telling ou good racing spots for quick cash maybe even as an R3 mission idk im making this stuff up as i type this lol.. but i have literaly been masterbating over the idea of street racing and i think i mentioned it in every topic i commented on b/c i am that excited about it and all that... so yeh ... also you should be able to buy cars, and sell them and it should be harder to steal cars possably by making more expensive cars harder to steal and having alarm systems. you should possably have to update your lock pick set or somthing!! idk i just love this idea.. i might eventualy make atopic if people dont say "LOCK THAT SHIT" ok cya i hope you like my idea i am so seriouse about this :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to finnaly see cars that can actually get bullet holes in em.

and also the idea of being able to put stuff in the trunk is kinda cool too,

but you know the more Goodies they put in the game the more buttons your controller needs!!

Edited by Sabin

First off i don't like the idea of the lockpick set because that is way to "MAFIA." Secondly, I love the fact that Rockstar creates their own vehicles because they come up with some very nice ones. However, I do agree with everything else you said because I like the car custimization part. I do miss the car alarms from GTA III, it adds realism. Everytime I steal a car with an alarm I actually think i'm stealing it from someone instead of driving around like I own every car. I like the idea of owning a car shop. In my opinion like I said before about the hidden packages, maybe if you could purchase your own mod garage at the end of the game and they scattered vehicle parts as hidden packages your mission would be to collect these car parts in order to upgrade your mod garage and be able to do more modifications. But i would only like this because there wouldn't be a point to have other mod garages around the rest of the map if you could own one right from the beginning of the game. This would come at the end of the game so you wouldn't have to pay for car modifications, you would own yours so it would be free upgrades. But at that you would have to collect hidden packages in order to expand your list of upgrades.

• 5 weeks later...

ok. sorry if i repeat anything.. i just wanted to put something on here.. lol.. ok i agree with the blinkers.. we need them soo bad.. i know you have played Driver.. well the cops pulled you over for speeding.. so they should do that in the next GTA game.. if you blow a stop light or something.. they get you.. it would be more fun that way.. lol.

they should have bikes with side cars..

pick-up trucks you can have trailers on.

one thing.. i don't know if it will make it better.. but yeah, the whole your in one car then that car is all over the place.. its cool sometimes.. but its very hard to get other cars you need for the import/export missions.. you have to get in a certian type of car to get another of what you want.. and that sucked..

special cars should be available for collecting stuff (like packages or something).. they should have hover cars or something, and ufo's.. just crazy cars..

you should be able to shoot forward in cars like your passenger can do.. or if you have mounts on your car, then guys can just hop on the side, and hang off the car shooting..

that's all i got for now.

haha.. thought of one more.. THEY NEED TO HAVE LOW RIDER SHOPS AROUND.. having only one to go to in san andreas was very fusterating when traveling from Los Venturas or anywhere else far.. they need one next to every mod garage.. or maybe the low rider can be built in the garages...

haha.. thought of one more.. THEY NEED TO HAVE LOW RIDER SHOPS AROUND.. having only one to go to in san andreas was very fusterating when traveling from Los Venturas or anywhere else far.. they need one next to every mod garage.. or maybe the low rider can be built in the garages...