My New PC

_Ray

You guys remember my motherboard/ new PC topic from the end of January? Yeah, well, I never ended up getting that as soon as I thought I would. But, I'm ordering tonight, and if you see what my current PC is in the 'Worst PC' topic, you'll see just how much of an improvement this will be. By the way, this PC has changed in pretty much every aspect since I last told you guys about it.

My Budget was $2k.

I'm paying $82 for Transfer Software, $40+ for a media reader and some other stuff, plus over $1,900 for the PC. So, this does put me a little over budget at roughly $2,080, but it's OK. If you guys have any last second suggestions or opinions, post them here! :)

Anyway, here's my build. (Sorry, I'm too lazy to post links, but this is all coming from Newegg.

Samsung 22x SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe

Samsung 22x SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe

Antec Nine Hundred

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 32MB Cache HDD (Data Storage/ Apps)

OCZ Vertex 60GB OCZSSD2-1VTX60G SSD (OS Only, with a few apps)

ICY DOCK MB882SP 2.5 to 3.5" SSD Converter

ASUS My-Cinema PHC3-100/NAQ/FM/AV/RC TV Tuner Card

EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR NVIDIA GTX 275

Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W Power Supply

OCZ Freeze Thermal Compound

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 Triple Channel SDRAM

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (OC to 2.93 GHz)

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Cooler Master Neon LED TLF-S12-EB 120mm LED Case Fan

XIGMATEK Dark Knight S1283V 120mm CPU Cooler

Thermaltake A2427 HDD Blue LED Cooler (Only because this was $6, has GREAT reviews, and a Blue LED)

LG Black Blu-Ray ROM SATA DVD Burner

LG W2353V-PF 23" 1920x1080 Widescreen LCD Monitor; 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio

And that's it. There's a few other things I'm getting, but they don't need reviewing. (Speakers, Keyboard, Mouse, Bluetooth Adapter, etc.)

P.S., It's even changed a ton just in the past few days. Earlier this week it was: NEW_PC_BUILD.pdf

Another P.S., can somebody estimate how long these will be gone??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824005125

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827136153

Edited by Raybob

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww fuck you Raybob! Why didn't ya make me one! XD

Anyway thats a nice Rig your ordering though for a real nice price. Oh and those two products in the links are sold out for good. I'd just buy them from BestBuy or Target or maybe Walmart for a cheaper price. And btw to even make your PC look cooler I've seen some of those little glow up keyboards and mouses.

Man f u. I am so jelouse. :) Fawk

Send me 2K flat and I'll send you an amazing computer.

Is that monitor really sold out for good????? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm gonna wait until the monitor is un-sold-out, but how about this DVD Drive as a substitute?

looks like a nice build. i r jealous lol.

that DVD drive doesnt read bluray at all though. seems good.

Send me 2K flat and I'll send you an amazing computer.

Is that monitor really sold out for good????? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm gonna wait until the monitor is un-sold-out, but how about this DVD Drive as a substitute?

looks like a nice build. i r jealous lol.

that DVD drive doesnt read bluray at all though. seems good.

Yes, I am ordering an LG Blu-Ray Drive, and 2 Samsung DVD Burners. (3 Optical Drives total)

Somebody PLEASE answer my question: Is that monitor (LG W2353V-PF) going to be sold out for good?

I've already bought my software, media reader, etc., and my Newegg order will be placed in less than 8 Minutes!!!!!!

Opinions?

P.S., guys, check out my old PC in the Worst PC topic (Im on it now) and check out how much better this one will be!!

Edited by Raybob

Yo Raymond can you mail me your old PC?

Lol, what?? No I can't, why? It'll have no HDD, and I'm gonna strip it of parts and maybe get $20-30 out of it. (Too hopeful, huh....?)

Besides, you already got one that's better than mine.

EDIT: 10:30, time to order! Post back here when I'm done with my $1,830 order!

Edited by Raybob

Lol, what?? No I can't, why? It'll have no HDD, and I'm gonna strip it of parts and maybe get $20-30 out of it. (Too hopeful, huh....?)

lolwtf. Me was joking lol! Anyway good to hear you've got a new Gaming Rig! You are using it for gaming right?

lolwtf. Me was joking lol! Anyway good to hear you've got a new Gaming Rig! You are using it for gaming right?

Ha, you really think that my parents (who are not rich, but not poor either, mind you) would buy me a 2,000 computer just for me? It's going to be a family PC, but my brother/ dad don't use it much and my Mom just got her first laptop, so I'll be the main user. In a few months I may get GTAIV and FSX, but for now, it's for general use. Firefox, THunderbird, Google Earth, Video Encoding, LOTS of background programs, Blu-Ray movies, recording TV, etc., usually all at one time!

And sadly, right now, I'm going to still be stuck on my old 1280x1024 14" CRT.

P.S>, I just ordered the PC. And I caught it on camera for the great moment!

Exactly what I got from Newegg:

Antec 900

Cooler Master TLF-S12-EB 120mm Case Fan

Rosewill 8" IDE 4pin Power Splitter

Nippon Labs 3ft DVI-D M/M Cable

Nippon Labs 6ft USB M/M A/B Cable (FREE!!!!!!!!)

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R

EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GTX 275

ASUS My Cinema PHC3-100

Corsair 750TX

ICY DOCK 2.5 to 3.5" SSD adapter

Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz (I will OC to 2.93)

OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600

OCZ Vertex 60GB

WD1001FALS 1TB HDD

LG Black Blu-Ray ROM

SAMSUNG 22x DVD Burner

SAMSUNG 22x DVD Burner

Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Thermaltake A2427 HDD Cooler

OCZ Freeze Thermal Paste

XIGMATEK Dark Knight 120mm CPU Cooler

Rosewill RTK-002 Anti Static Wrist Strap

P.S., this is not everything I bought, I also got some software, a bit of junk from Amazon, and I'm gonna put in some stuff from my old PC. Plus I still have to get my monitor. So this ended up being $1,820, without MIRs. Unfortunatly, the total cost of this PC will be around $2,100, assuming I can get my monitor at $220.

Edited by Raybob

If the computer's not yours why are you so pressed about it? Nevermind I'll stfu now. Its cool now you got a good PC. But in this case fuck GTA IV for the PC. Go and get GTA San Andreas and let The GTA Place find you on our MTA Server.

It basically is mine, just not in my room. My parents and brother almost never use it, and there are no parental blocks or anything, so I can do whatever I want whenever I want on the new PC.

There is only 1 family account on the PC, and I pretty much do whatever I want, from changing the background to defragging and they never notice or care.

If the computer's not yours why are you so pressed about it? Nevermind I'll stfu now. Its cool now you got a good PC. But in this case fuck GTA IV for the PC. Go and get GTA San Andreas and let The GTA Place find you on our MTA Server.

It basically is mine, just not in my room. My parents and brother almost never use it, and there are no parental blocks or anything, so I can do whatever I want whenever I want on the new PC.

There is only 1 family account on the PC, and I pretty much do whatever I want, from changing the background to defragging and they never notice or care.

... Or maybe if it gets a whole lot of dust stuck inside of the fan, you can get your mom to blow it.

:hurrhurr:

Edited by Husky

No, it was going on my Dad's credit card which has a plenty high limit, maybe they're just suspicious about 3 online orders in 1 night totaling up to almost $2k.....

EDIT: I just tried again, and they declined it, again. And YES, I had all of the #'s right.

Edited by Raybob

How does this monitor look compared to my old choice which is sold out?

They both are almost exactly the same, but the ASUS has a webcam and is bigger, and the LG has a much better contrast ratio, I tend to trust them more, and that monitor looks like better quality. They are both the exact same price.

Should I get the ASUS or stick with my 14" CRT and wait for other monitors with better deals to come out?

Basically, is the ASUS good quality, and will I see a big difference in contrast?

Edited by Raybob