Name of the next City

I asked what the evidence was, not whether he had any. Not critising him, i genuinely didn't know the had been confirmed. Last I officially heard was Sam Houser saying nothing was in the pipeline, and they may act if suitable 'wacky' ideas came along. I have heard since that something is in the pipeline, but not sure the name was in that. Many sites simply refer to it as GTA IV

Well thats certainly logical , with GTA1/London and GTAIII/VC/SA both being series, and all in numerical order.

However, In all the GTA cities that I can recall, they all have fictitious city and district names, usually derived from the cities real name, function or reputation.

If the game had some famous cities in it, what do you think they might be renamed to?

Because if you noticed, the GTA series is named after a number everytime they use a new engine.

GTA first engine.

GTA: London used 1's engine.

GTA: 2 New engine

GTA: 3 New engine.

GTA: Vice City used 3's engine.

GTA: San Andreas also used 3's engine.

The next one is using a new engine, which would make it GTA 4.

That's not a certainty though is it? Although it is quite possible.

No-one,(on the forum atleast) really knows anything about the 'future' game and so this topic can be used to share ideas on a few ideas on what the game could be called.

Even if it is called GTA IV,it still must have a name for the City and like i said make up name just for fun

Lets make up names for the next GTA.

Notice how you said let's make up names for the next GTA? Alright then, think before you speak, kid.

That's not a certainty though is it? Although it is quite possible.

I believe it has a good 99.9% chance.

• 1 month later...
there all related to the city. Like the San Andreas plate which is what LA lies on. So lets say they are goin to do another GTA in Tokyo it would be somethin to do with the city.

Er... Wrong. It is ONLY named after a place when using the same engine as the past game. Each new engine gives it the next number. They have used 3 engines so far. GTA, then London used GTA's enging. GTA2, GTA: III, then VC and SA used III's engine, as LCS is probably doing too.

there all related to the city. Like the San Andreas plate which is what LA lies on. So lets say they are goin to do another GTA in Tokyo it would be somethin to do with the city.

Er... Wrong. It is ONLY named after a place when using the same engine as the past game. Each new engine gives it the next number. They have used 3 engines so far. GTA, then London used GTA's enging. GTA2, GTA: III, then VC and SA used III's engine, as LCS is probably doing too.

ye but that was so people would know it was the same game, but it's so massive now that I doubt they'll do it again, and I meant the names are related to the cities as in the ones which have names are related to the city

San Andreas doesn't use the iii/vc engine. They completely changed the physics and movement modes along with a lot more coding ops, etc.

Just as VC had an edited III engine, so did SA. It's just modified. It's still the same engine, though.

ye but that was so people would know it was the same game, but it's so massive now that I doubt they'll do it again

Why do you doubt they'll do it again? Following the current, 100% actual trend, it's completely obvious for them to name the next game "GTA: IV".

I think Rockstar made a slight mistake in changing the names of all city. (Liberty City=NY, Vice=Miami) Who knows, they might take 2 years creating the game and spend the next 5 years trying to rename the the place. :D

try to think of something that might actually happen, chopper, instead of typing any worthless thought that comes into your mind

i think that R* will either make it in liberty city again or make a name that is based on chicago kinda like los santos was based on los angeles

city of the damned.where zombies walk around

:rofl:

Holy shit, that's hilarious!

i think that R* will either make it in liberty city again or make a name that is based on chicago kinda like los santos was based on los angeles

I highly doubt that Rockstar would include any of the previous cities in GTA IV. I just hope it stays in the USA, although it doesn't really bother me if it sets in some other country.

I think a very ambitious, but possible (seeing as how its the ps3) idea would be for them to not base it on one city. They could base it on the entire continent. Making Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas, and maybe even a new city all accessible. Now THAT would be cool.