Agent

Blur

Sony has announced the exclusive PlayStation 3 game developed by Rockstar North, Agent will be set in the 1970's and will take the player across the globe

in the shadowy world of espionage. Jack Trenton also said to expect Agent to have the same impact as the Grand Theft Auto series. Whatever it is its going

to be awesome and exclusive to the PS3!!

Offical Website is now up: http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/

Edited by totalaccessGTA

TGTAP should add an Agent fansite to their network.

This.

Just found a quote regarding the game.

“We have always enjoyed making action games, and with Agent we are making what we believe will be the ultimate action game,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “Agent is a game we have wanted to make for a long time. The team in Edinburgh is doing an amazing job combining intense action, atmosphere and story in a great period setting to create something that feels quite unique. We cannot wait for people to experience this game.”

Agent takes players on a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s.

I'm going to be following this game pretty closely, I can't wait for more info.

Edited by Mpilk901

We do actually have a domain secured in case we do decide to make a fansite. I wasn't actually 100% serious when I made that comment but having read more about the game, or at least what's been revealed so far, it does sound pretty interesting. Perhaps in a similar vein to LA Noire? Obviously at a later period though.

I can't really webmaster any more sites though so if it was done someone else would have to run it. I also need someone to run our LA Noire site too.

<br />TGTAP should add an Agent fansite to their network.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'll make one with a free webs site ;)

You think you can do HTML as a member or what? :P

Sounds interesting. I just hope it'll not be as buggy and freezy as GTAIV for the PS3 but it sounds like a great game, Max Payne style?

<br />TGTAP should add an Agent fansite to their network.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'll make one with a free webs site ;)

You think you can do HTML as a member or what? :P

Sounds interesting. I just hope it'll not be as buggy and freezy as GTAIV for the PS3 but it sounds like a great game, Max Payne style?

Doubt it, there's already one Max Payne coming why make something similar again? Anyway, I saw an article on N4G that mentions the possibility of Agent being in development for 5 years, I'm not sure if it's true though.

Maybe a cross between Mafia and Metal Gear Solid in terms of style? That's actually a bit hard to imagine, but it's just their use of the word "espionage" that made me think of it... and Mafia just because it's an older time period, Agent obviously set much later on... yet not so late we can call it "modern". Maybe it will have some sort of MP style to it as well. Not sure. Definitely going to be following the progress of this one though.

This sounds interesting. And like always, I'm keeping a close eye on this as well, could be awesome.

If the game does turn me on, I might actually start a website, that is IF I feel it's worth doing. If not, there's no point really. But of course, If Chris ever does make a website part of TGTAP network, then I might as well contribute to that etc.

So yeah, keeping a close eye on this for now.

We do actually have a domain secured in case we do decide to make a fansite. I wasn't actually 100% serious when I made that comment but having read more about the game, or at least what's been revealed so far, it does sound pretty interesting. Perhaps in a similar vein to LA Noire? Obviously at a later period though.

I can't really webmaster any more sites though so if it was done someone else would have to run it. I also need someone to run our LA Noire site too.

*Raises Paw*

I'm interested on running your L.A Noire site, I will try to act less of a noob, and a dumbass.

I'm pretty sure Chris will only pick people he trusts and someone who knows what their doing. I think the fact that you mentioned freewebs just totally blew you out of any chance to be honest, I wouldn't pick someone who uses that and I'm pretty sure Chris wouldn't.

I'm not trying to poke fun at you or anything, it's just looking rather awkward seeing you asking that in here a few times, I reckon PM would give you more chance.

Anyway, back on topic, if this looks out to be good, it's gonna be hard to pay for, but I'll have to get a PS3. I reckon this could come close to the success of GTA from the way they announced it.

I'm pretty sure Chris will only pick people he trusts and someone who knows what their doing. I think the fact that you mentioned freewebs just totally blew you out of any chance to be honest, I wouldn't pick someone who uses that and I'm pretty sure Chris wouldn't.

I'm not trying to poke fun at you or anything, it's just looking rather awkward seeing you asking that in here a few times, I reckon PM would give you more chance.

Anyway, back on topic, if this looks out to be good, it's gonna be hard to pay for, but I'll have to get a PS3. I reckon this could come close to the success of GTA from the way they announced it.

Meh, everyone knew that was a joke. Because freewebs sucks.

They actually said that it would be on the same success scale as Grand Theft Auto at the conference :P

Take-Two president Ben Feder spoke to GameSpot about the impending game, and they have big plans for it. Feder said he thinks Agent will be the start of another great franchise for Rockstar North and says it's "such a rich environment to play in." As for why it's a PS3 exclusive...well, there are reasons for that. Take-Two has a lot more faith in Sony than some of you may believe: the publisher thinks Sony "will offer the same kind of support" that made the GTA franchise - the first three in the PS2 era were all initially exclusive to Sony - so freakin' huge. Feder added that "exclusivity can really help you launch a franchise," and he clearly has no problem putting Agent in Sony's court:

"I have a lot of confidence in Sony. I have a lot of confidence in their ability to lead the market, as they always have. Their console is a terrific platform to be developing for, and Agent is a great testament as to our belief in what that platform can do, and what they can do with us as part of a partnership."

He also thinks the console cycle will be longer than people think, and it's quite obvious that games just keep getting better and better in this generation. This all may come as a bit of a surprise, especially after something like Lost and Damned was exclusive to the Xbox 360. But Take-Two isn't about to forget what Sony did for them and the GTA series, and that's good news. We'll have more on Agent as time goes on, but we figured people would be looking for an explanation concerning the exclusivity decision.

Source

Sounds great! R* obviously intend this to be a HUGE title.