Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott

Blur

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying L4D 2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Left 4 What?

No sooner after Valve had announced Left 4 Dead 2 at E3 many L4D fans were pissed and had organized a L4D 2 boycott. There reasons for the boycott:

 Significant content for L4D1 was promised, and never delivered

 Valve put little faith in L4D1 since they almost certainly started working on L4D2 right after release

 The fact that L4D2 is nearly identical to L4D1 will decimate the community for both games

 The announced date is not nearly enough time to polish content or make significant gameplay changes

 The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far

 L4D2 is too colorful to fit in with L4D1's visual aesthetic

 The fiddle-based horde music is extremely disliked, though the differently orchestrated music is otherwise welcome

 L4D2's release will result in a drop in quality and frequency for L4D1 content, even compared to before

 The community has lost faith in Valve's former reputation for commitment to their games post-release

With already 15,000 supporters of the boycott and growing strong who knows how many more there will be by the games release date: November 17, 2009. I myself am neutral on the whole thing. I was hoping that Valve would release DLC for L4D, and not a sequel. I have racketed up many hours playing versus on L4D. And if L4D 2 can do the same that I will gladly purchase L4D 2 when it comes out.

What are your opinions on the boycott and will you be buying L4D 2 when it comes out?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott

Edited by totalaccessGTA

Yes i was actually happy that there was going to be a sequel, but only because i do not own L4D1. I was considering to buy 1 it a few months back and now with a sequel coming out, i'm super happy.

Yea but to the people that bought L4D1, it must really suck.

Some of those boycott reasons mentioned were okay but others were just plain ridiculous, to be honest, I haven't gotten the first one so if the second one is coming I'll probably get it.

Edited by Ivan

I don't mind a L4D sequel but 12 months is too soon for one, I got L4D sometime back (When the survival mode came out) and this feels like a kick in the balls. I don't see why they have/had to go make a sequel, they could've just released an expansion for the first one. Team Fortress 2 came out in 2007 and still has a big ass community with nice unlocks every few months.

Agree with the 3rd and 8th reasons there, rest seem a bit o' nonsense. They should have released some more Dlc/maps for the first game before announcing the secound one.

Found this on Kotaku, Lol'd hard.

Also didn't know we had people on TGTAP playing L4D, Except Chris. We should have a L4D TGTAP session, will be EPIC!!

Edited by EvoLuTioN

I have Left 4 Dead for the 360. I also have it for PC but I can't play online do to couple of reasons :whistle:. Anyways I'll probably still get Left 4 Dead 2 but it doesn't look like much has changed looking at some gameplay videos.

Edited by Noru

I don't mind a L4D sequel but 12 months is too soon for one, I got L4D sometime back (When the survival mode came out) and this feels like a kick in the balls. I don't see why they have/had to go make a sequel, they could've just released an expansion for the first one. Team Fortress 2 came out in 2007 and still has a big ass community with nice unlocks every few months.

Agree with the 3rd and 8th reasons there, rest seem a bit o' nonsense. They should have released some more Dlc/maps for the first game before announcing the secound one.

Also didn't know we had people on TGTAP playing L4D, Except Chris. We should have a L4D TGTAP session, will be EPIC!!

LOL

That video is epic.

First time I saw that video I couldnt stop laughing.

Didnt know only 5% of the L4D players have the Zomies Genoicst achivement (got it last night). :D

Editing my first post: Looks like over 5,000 more people have joined the boycott since yesterday! Then question is how many of them will follow up on the

boycott?

Edited by totalaccessGTA

Wouldn't go as far as boycotting it, But I don't think I'll be getting it when it comes out. Maybe till they release a good load of unlocks for it.

the only thing valve has fucked up recently is the sniper and spy update for tf2.
WHAA-? Except the Dead ringer I loved all the new unlocks/drops, The only thing they messed up on that update is the random finds/drops thing.
I have Left 4 Dead for the 360. I also have it for PC but I can't play online do to couple of reasons :whistle: . Anyways I'll probably still get Left 4 Dead 2 but it doesn't look like much has changed looking at some gameplay videos.
Day/Night settings, New special infected and the melee/new weaps is all I've read bout so far.

LOL

That video is epic.

That will never beat the original though, not the original scene, I mean the original subtitling with Hitler getting his Xbox Live account cancelled. The film is fucking epic though and more people should watch it.

Having said that, that's one of the funniest subtitlings I've seen for quite some time on that scene. Great job whoever made it.

Anyway back on topic. I knew L4D2 had been announced but I haven't read/seen anything about it. I was happy for a sequel but judging by what everyone's saying it seems it is too soon. L4D is still going strong so there's not even any need to release a sequel yet.

At least they have a well written manifesto, and it's not just some stupid petition. I see all their points and agree with them all... but I dunno if I'll boycott it though, such a fun and addictive game. Despite how repetitive some things can get it just doesn't seem like it is sometimes, for some reason, which is good.

EDIT: Just watched the teaser trailer... so all they've added is new maps and melee weapons? The melee weapons are quite cool actually but even the sound effects and zombies are pretty much the same?