Motion Sensitive GTA?

Deji

Due to the latest release of the motion sensitive Xbox360 controlly thing which I'm sure most of you have heard of (info in my sig if you haven't)... I'm wondering if Rockstar will find this a nice addition to future GTA games...

I could imagine having to punch at the screen to beat your enemies n stuff. I know we speculated this for the Wii but never actually thought much of it but considering their failure with Chinatown wars... A FULLY motion sensitive game would be great! You could shoot people with just literally your fingers and yeah... It would definately make me like GTA again :P

So... Considering their bond with microsoft and their strange decision of making a GTA on the DS... Will they go for the jackpot and make one of the best, first games for this new creation?

It would feel too real. Although if that's what you're after, then this could be it. But think of this, if it ever got added into GTA, imagine what such pain it would cause to so many people. An example of something like this is lazy people. Some people usually play an Xbox 360 and PS3 on a sofa, when you're playing the Wii, that entirely depends on what game your playing, if it requires you to stand up. So if this was to be implemented onto GTA, I think for the lazy gamers, this wouldn't benefit them at all, unless you could turn off the motion camera controller.

It does sound like a serious drawback, especially when most of us are lazy people, but I just thought of this up just now, so yeah, heh. :P

But to be honest, GTA is really meant for the traditional controllers. Anything else will make GTA too complex to play unless they worked on it. But I see where you're coming from, the motion camera controller does seem pretty cool, but for a game like this, it just doesn't cut out.

Guess that's a good point... Yet I didn't expect a GTA game where you could use a touch-sensitive pen either...

Anyway, with the really exciting 'Agent' frenchise coming up... I get the idea that Rockstar are going to end up releasing something with this new technology.

Everything seems to be taking a new step now... Fully motion sensitive games, the Agent game which plans to exceed how big GTA was and GTA... Well, I'm just wondering whether Rockstar are going to continue GTA...

I doubt it, it just doesn't make much sense for a game like GTA.

Btw what's all the hating on Chinatown wars Deji?

I don't hate it. I've just heard that sales were really low and hardly anyone liked it... Hence "Failed". I've not played it myself to judge. I liked the previous 2D GTA games anyway. I also thought it was strange that they randomly decided to release a GTA on a barely used console in what might as well be 2D after all these years... And yeah, I didn't think the DS would make much sense for a game like GTA either but I was suprised by that turnout too.

I doubt it, it just doesn't make much sense for a game like GTA.

Btw what's all the hating on Chinatown wars Deji?

I don't hate it. I've just heard that sales were really low and hardly anyone liked it... Hence "Failed". I've not played it myself to judge. I liked the previous 2D GTA games anyway. I also thought it was strange that they randomly decided to release a GTA on a barely used console in what might as well be 2D after all these years... And yeah, I didn't think the DS would make much sense for a game like GTA either but I was suprised by that turnout too.

Really?

Chinatown wars failed in terms of sales but was pretty good in terms of scores. It scored many perfect ratings and got generally a good score.

• 2 years later...

However, compared to the post GTA SA games, GTA Chinatown Wars had the crappiest graphics, had the least customisation, didn't have a cover system, had a dislikable and unpopular protagonist, and had less missions. It was also released on a console that was not suitable for hosting GTA games. This is why GTA Chinatown Wars was not played and/or liked as much as the other GTA games. Although on the birhgt side, GTA Chinatown Wars was way better than GTA Advance and had over-the-top gameplay.