How to make wheels big

GCoach

STEP 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

(Trust me, this one has caused a lot of headaches)

In your GTASA folder, look for DATA & in that one look for VEHICLES.IDE. In this file you'll find data for the vehicles

in SA. THESE MUST BE KEPT IN ORDER. Find the vehicle you want to modify (for example Landstalker, which happens

to be the first) & go to the end of the entry. The last entry should be "-1", "0", "1" or "2", this will determine what set

of wheels can be used for tuning. The next 2 from the end will be numbers (usually the same), for the Landstalker it's

0.768 for both. Those are your wheel diameter, front & back. Copy the original line & put a "#" in front of the original

so the game ignores the extra line.

The result should look something like -

#400, landstal, landstal, car, ...................0.768, 0.768, 0

400, landstal, landstal, car, ...................1.000, 1.000, 0

401, bravura, bravura, car,.....................

Your Landstalker now has bigger wheels. Do this to a Savanna or Blade & you should have Dubs.

Good luck. Welcome & enjoy.

Thanks. also how do I get them to not float in the air and the wheels to not stickout when i do make them bigger then what u posted

Try experimenting until you get the right wheel size. In most cases 0.85 ~ 0.90 works, especially on donk-style lowriders. Some collision glitches may occur if you make it too big for the wheelwells to actually clear the tires.

ok when I go in all it does is give me a new paintjob and i just pull back out I get no options

Sounds like you went into a Pay 'N' Spray instead of a TransFender. There's one in the Temple district, next door to the Pay 'N' Spray in Los Santos.

If your trying to mod a Lowrider then you need to go to Loco Low Co which opens up after a Mission early on in the game.

Edited by Noru

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I gave smaller wheels to the Monster and it did not work out all that good.. But made for a good laugh...

I cannot see this working with bigger wheels on small cars??... I have to try this out..

The monster did not sit on the road, but in the road along certain routes, and looked to be hoovering off the road along other streets.. :hurrhurr:

Also impossible to drive with out it rolling to one side, or getting sucked into the road..

If I ever bother with a cam hack, or play around with the replay files I will make a video of other things I did with the monster...Tweaks to the handling file ect...

Edited by SmokinRE4