Server problems (non-TGTAP)

Chris

Over the last 48 hours I've had some major problems with my personal server (don't worry, not the one TGTAP is hosted on) and as such, ALL of my websites except TGTAP are down, some will unfortunately, never come back. This is due to third party software used by the hosting company falling victim to a 0-day exploit found in the latest update of the software. As such, nothing could really be done to stop the hacker from deleting everything.

Over 100,000 sites were taken offline in the attack, which if you are interested you can read about here.

Normally I would just restore backups, but as it happens I don't have any recent ones for the database of my sites, I have all the static files, and most images, but not the databases, which without, the sites are useless.

So how's the TGTAP network affected?

AlanWake.co.uk - No database - forums and news are gone. I have majority of files still. Possible relaunch in the next few months.

LANoire.net - No database - all news gone. Was just a wordpress blog, but with lack of news on the game we probably won't bother relaunching it unless it looks like it's gonna be big.

PayneKillers - Is ok - we put this on TGTAP's server so thankfully it is completely unaffected by all this

OFP2:DR -Is ok - my friend hosts this on his own server so that site is fine too

Of my other websites:

ImageLodge.net - Probably the biggest and most inconvenient loss due to it's growing popularity, this was getting quite a lot of images uploaded everyday but they are now all gone. A relaunch is possible but would mean starting from scratch. Not entirely sure if it's worth it right now as it was a useful site, but one that wasn't profitable.

ChrisJP.com - My personal splash page obviously isn't much of a problem, this, along with my web portfolio at chrisphillips.co.uk will be online as soon as I have a new server set up.

unannounced, unrelated project - Nothing to do with games, but our most recent backup was 8 days ago. We've done shitloads of work in those 8 days though.

So yeah, that's what's happened. Obviously I'm pretty pissed off at the moment for both the attack, and for myself not keeping up to date with off-site backups. Gonna be a very busy week for me trying to get all this shit sorted out now, just letting everyone know what happened to those sites in the network.

To ImageLodge users:

I mentioned ImageLodge because obviously I promoted it a fair bit here through it's very troubled beginnings (yes I'm aware of how shit it used to be), but because of this I know quite a few of you, including myself did actually make regular use of it. I realise it's very easy to simply switch to another image host, there's hundreds out there, but we did have some cool features, the .zip/.rar mass uploading of images was particularly popular.

Would any of you users like IL to return with a relaunch? Or will you simply move on to another host?

Crap. Now that I wanted to search and join these websites, also Matt it will be difficult to get them back up because if the SQL database fucks up, heavy modifications have to be done to the site's files. Just like you do with an IPBoard if you move hosts and it doesn't always work.