America's new tobacco bill

Spaz The Great

Has anyone heard or read any of this shit? They are about to fuck me up the ass on my tobacco. Just to name a few things, the FDA will have total control over tobacco, just like they do food. Which, of course, in itself isn't bad because that means regulations and healthier tobacco. We can't argue that.

However, they want to ban any additive, as in artificial or natural flavors, and any herb that isn't menthol. Why menthol is magically allowed is beyond me. Well, no, it's a conspiracy to me, but whatever. This means no kretek cigarettes or hookah tobacco for us. Those are pretty much the only things I smoke!

US Bill111-1256

It's already passed house and is now in senate voting... If the senate votes it in, Mr. Messiah is going to sign it in a heartbeat. Shit balls, dude, this is going to blow hard. Especially since most of America's senates probably consist of conservative right-wing bullshit "Americans" who somehow believe that their purist ways are the only right way. Which means any of them that smoke, smoke Marlboros and to hell with anything else. Because they are manly men.

FUCK I CAN'T STAND THIS COUNTRY.

If people want to smoke then let them smoke. They just have to deal with the consequences. On cigerette packets in the UK they have put pictures of tumours and stuff, it's quite gross. What difference does it make to have flavourings in them, its stupid. I can see that one day it will be banned all together. I know they were planning to make a smokers licsence over here and it costs £10 a year, not sure if that has been stopped.

However, they want to ban any additive, as in artificial or natural flavors, and any herb that isn't menthol. Why menthol is magically allowed is beyond me. Well, no, it's a conspiracy to me, but whatever.

Because I'm sure Menthol is one of the best selling cigarettes (always seemed to be with high school kids) and they figure that people will switch from the other flavors to menthol.

So yeah, conspiracy. They get the big tax money, and they don't want to lose menthol smokers money.

I personally believe Phillip Morris is behind that shit. Things like kreteks taste quite better, and use better tobacco. I'm sorry, but Indonesian tobacco is the shiiiiit braaaaah. >.>

But yeah, they have commercials on tv where an ice cream truck is selling cigarettes and they are all like, "Who do YOU think they are targeting with candy flavored cigarettes?". It makes me RAGE every time. If these "candy" flavored cigarettes attract children, ban menthol, too! Menthol cigs are WAY easier to tolerate than a regular cigarette. And MINT is a "candy" flavor if you ask me.

But what I want to know, is their "excuse" for keeping menthol. If they say it's because they don't want to lose money, they would have to be bad guys for being "greedy", and then they'd have to back up why menthol doesn't attract our innocent children.

Pro-tip, innocent children usually aren't the ones smoking.

You know, the constitution states we have the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from other men or something.

Yet, we don't have the right to do something that only hurts us: smoke. We should have the right to do any substance or smoke anything as long as its not some poison plant that blocks up your esophagus. The more money pumped into the economy, the better. Do you know how much we would save if pot was legal?

You know, the constitution states we have the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from other men or something.

Yet, we don't have the right to do something that only hurts us: smoke. We should have the right to do any substance or smoke anything as long as its not some poison plant that blocks up your esophagus. The more money pumped into the economy, the better. Do you know how much we would save if pot was legal?

But do you know how much money the government would lose?

I would bulk buy if I were you Spaz. Its still legal here, the only place I know where to get it is this Turkish supermarket that has bongs in the window. I'm sorry but the law is stupid. Menthol cigerettes should be technically banned then, so should lights as poor children can probably smoke them easier. Everyone should just smoke Malboro Reds! (May I add ew to Malboro reds).

But what I want to know, is their "excuse" for keeping menthol. If they say it's because they don't want to lose money, they would have to be bad guys for being "greedy", and then they'd have to back up why menthol doesn't attract our innocent children.

Well the stereotype answer would be "because black people love Menthol cigarettes" but honestly, I really hope that isn't the answer.

I wish I had an answer for you.

I don't smoke, but I don't have a problem with people who do as long as they respect my property with their smoking.

I figure if people want to suck on a hot stick that may make them sick (or others who inhale it a lot) who I am to complain?

Here's a thought.

How much flavored tobacco is actually sold annually?

If it amounts for a small piece of the profit then the manufacturers will be ok with the government banning it. The government gets to look good with the anti-tobacco crowd, and the cig manufacturers get to reap the benefits of flavored tobacco smokers switching to menthol or regular cigarettes.

I would bulk buy if I were you Spaz. Its still legal here, the only place I know where to get it is this Turkish supermarket that has bongs in the window. I'm sorry but the law is stupid. Menthol cigerettes should be technically banned then, so should lights as poor children can probably smoke them easier. Everyone should just smoke Malboro Reds! (May I add ew to Malboro reds).

We want to stock up on a few cartons while we still can, but these cigs are expensive.

Here's a thought.

How much flavored tobacco is actually sold annually?

If it amounts for a small piece of the profit then the manufacturers will be ok with the government banning it. The government gets to look good with the anti-tobacco crowd, and the cig manufacturers get to reap the benefits of flavored tobacco smokers switching to menthol or regular cigarettes.

Actually, kreteks sell like hot cakes. Especially Djarums. If you've ever seen a black cig being smoked, it's usually a Djarum Black. They have cloves in them, so they taste like Christmas, and the paper has a sugar taste on it. Some people can't smoke them because of how sweet they are, but I find them godly. Kreteks((especially the Djarum Blacks)) are a lot more popular with the younger generation these days. Phillip Morris isn't worried about children smoking, duh, that's repeat business. They are worried about them smoking brands they aren't selling.

Sure, there's a few brands that sell flavored cigs like Camel, but they Turkish Golds and shit like that are probably more popular.

Well that's just silly. Why sell tobacco to a ten year old? No one would, well no I have seen ten year olds walk past my house with mayfair hanging out their mouths. But they probably steal them from their parents. I thought America was really strict with ID.

Well that's just silly. Why sell tobacco to a ten year old? No one would, well no I have seen ten year olds walk past my house with mayfair hanging out their mouths. But they probably steal them from their parents. I thought America was really strict with ID.

Depends on where you go. Some people don't check if they know you or if you look old enough. My friend had a fake ID, so he used to buy them for me until Spaz came around. Now I am old enough so it doesn't matter.

Kids are going to smoke no matter what. Like You said, they will steal them from their parents, or older siblings and the such.

Some places are strict but some places are just stupid. I went into Sainsbury's which should be strict considering its a supermarket. I went to the counter with my friend (who was underage) and her eleven year old sister buying vodka, magarita, malboro's and souverign. Did they ID me? Nope which to me is just plain stupid. It was obvious I was buying for younger people (not for the eleven year old, she just came to the cinema with us and afterwards me and the friend were going to a party. Don't want you guys thinking I am fuelling an eleven year old with vodka.)

Kids will always find a way to smoke if they want to. So banning flavoured tobacco is hardly going to help.

Kids will always find a way to smoke if they want to. So banning flavoured tobacco is hardly going to help.

I agree, but a kid who hates the taste of a regular cigarette but still wants to smoke (why, I don't know) a flavored cigarette offers an alternative.

Then they get an older kid, or someone who looks older who won't get ID'd to buy them.

I think the whole law is pointless to be honest with you.

Especially once they legalize marijuana (which I do think will happen one day).

Next they will probably ban Vogue cigerettes, as they appeal to girls as they are long and thin and have pretty colours. Im just joking but I would be miffed if they did that. Vogue's are my favourite. I love how cheap cigerettes are in France.