Idealism versus Cynicism

Kitsune Inferno

Idealism vs. Cynicism  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you view the world as half-empty or half-full?

• There's good in everyone, my child.
    • Balance between good and evil is essential.
    • Bastard-coated bastards with bastard-filling.

I think it'd be a fun idea to gauge where we all fall on the sliding scale of idealism versus cynicism, so I'll start. I've noticed people do whatever it takes to achieve success in life. Everyone in power, whether it be business, politics, or even school, has either lied, cheated, or stolen (or all of the above) to get to where they are and it makes me cringe at all of humanity for allowing it. All of the honest people have had to work their ass off to get any respect and all they get in return is shit from the assholes above them. Seeing this year after year has made me realize most people are dicks undeserving of anything pleasant in life and thus, I treat them so. I do associate myself with some idealists, but it's just not for me.

Edited by L-RiC

I observed that too, but what made me to become a cynic some years ago is when all of my "friends" turned away from me and started backstabbing me, losing my faith and trust on them (I also lost my self-confidence) after that. We are now reconciled and I forgave them since keeping hatred towards them will make matters worse.

And I don't believe that all people who had good deeds always suffer, because it is on the person himself if he will let others to take advantage on him.

• 2 weeks later...