Car idea.

Raysk9

I had an idea for a robber style car basicly it Its going to be a 4 door truck with a tow hitch like the tractor with the ability to latch on to semi trailers. Basicly it would be a bobcat with 4 doors and no bed a 5th wheel and the tractor lever to tow cars with.

I had an idea for a robber style car basicly it Its going to be a 4 door truck with a tow hitch like the tractor with the ability to latch on to semi trailers. Basicly it would be a bobcat with 4 doors and no bed a 5th wheel and the tractor lever to tow cars with.

IF IT FINISHED CAN I DRIVE THE CAR IN VERSION 1.01

• 4 weeks later...

okay I havent got a 5th wheel on it yet but the work is coming along swimmingly. insted of a bobcat i've got the patriot as the base car. I've got the tractor hitch thing on. i am open to some Opinons. thinking about adding the monsters extra roof lights and the road trains front bumper. Going to need help with the texturing. also ill need help making a cleo for it to tow trailers.

I am new to modding. this will be my first mod.

sorry i've not posted any thing in a wile i was grounded.

Edited by Raysk9

I've got the .DFF finished going to need help with texturing and need some help with a cleo or the uniqe handling things to tow semi trailers with. hlso need help changing the wheel size to that of the patriot.This will replace the tractor.

So this is to replace the Patriot? Or you are just using that as the base for your 3D?

As far as CLEO (I don't know if this works for all vehicles or not) I used the following code to attach the BAGGAGE to the BAGBOXA which can already be done in game so you might be looking at messing with the HANDLING.CFG file and not CLEO at all.

13@ = Car.Create(#BAGGAGE, -821.3815, -2442.865, 68.9761)
14@ = Car.Create(#BAGBOXA, -817.3062, -2452.05, 72.3128)
Car.Angle(13@) = 53.68
Car.Angle(14@) = 53.68
0893: put_trailer 14@ on_cab 13@

I haven't tried opcode 0893 with other vehicles. I am thinking your 3D model will need a "misc_a" pivot point in the hierarchy table to attach stuff. Open the BAGGAGE.DFF in Zmodeler if you don't understand. Then you will need to alter the HANDLING.CFG file. I don't believe there are any CLEO solutions since the model and the handling define this ability.

I've got the .DFF finished going to need help with texturing and need some help with a cleo or the uniqe handling things to tow semi trailers with. hlso need help changing the wheel size to that of the patriot.This will replace the tractor.

So this is to replace the Patriot? Or you are just using that as the base for your 3D?

As far as CLEO (I don't know if this works for all vehicles or not) I used the following code to attach the BAGGAGE to the BAGBOXA which can already be done in game so you might be looking at messing with the HANDLING.CFG file and not CLEO at all.

13@ = Car.Create(#BAGGAGE, -821.3815, -2442.865, 68.9761)
14@ = Car.Create(#BAGBOXA, -817.3062, -2452.05, 72.3128)
Car.Angle(13@) = 53.68
Car.Angle(14@) = 53.68
0893: put_trailer 14@ on_cab 13@

I haven't tried opcode 0893 with other vehicles. I am thinking your 3D model will need a "misc_a" pivot point in the hierarchy table to attach stuff. Open the BAGGAGE.DFF in Zmodeler if you don't understand. Then you will need to alter the HANDLING.CFG file. I don't believe there are any CLEO solutions since the model and the handling define this ability.

Yes well i see by the way i said it that you might think i said it replaced the patriot but it repaces the tractor. if i could find the jack to my camera I wuld post some picks of what it looks like in zmodler. And i have the tractors "misc_a" model. and thanks I'll try somthing like tha cleo code and see if it works. What needs to be changed for this cleo code to work for my needs? cause when it comes to coding I'm a flunky.

Edited by Raysk9

Yes well i see by the way i said it that you might think i said it replaced the patriot but it repaces the tractor. if i could find the jack to my camera I wuld post some picks of what it looks like in zmodler. And i have the tractors "misc_a" model. and thanks I'll try somthing like tha cleo code and see if it works. What needs to be changed for this cleo code to work for my needs? cause when it comes to coding I'm a flunky.

Well I guess your code is going to need trigger. The trigger could be getting close enough to the car or a manual trigger from the player using a key. But as to your linking cars together the code above is the only one I know.

I am not going to have it tow semi trailers. and I'm going to start all over with my model to try and fix it up right.

From the pictures it looks like you have the axis rotated incorrectly for the chassis. In the Zmodeler the model might look great and the chassis is on the frame. But the little dummy point with the RGB axis lines are not rotated in the correct direction. That is my thinking anyway.

Looks interesting.