GTA SA GTA3.img file

SmokinRE4

I notice when modding my GTA SA GTA3.file there were peds listed in the file but do not appear during game play..

I extracted all the peds, .txd files And used G-TXD to view the textured files, of all peds seen in story line missions and non-story line missions.. (388) files to be exact.. I have replayed the game and made a "peds photo pack folder". Pics of peds via the in game photo camera, and by also using the snapshot option CRTL+Ptr Scr/sysRq buttons. I go through the photos naming them as they are named in the GTA3.img file.. Thus a photos pack of peds..

While going through these I notice there are three different Motorcycle cops.. One for each major "state": Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Venturas, they are dressed differently, but while playing the game I only see the same dressed HWMC thur out the game..

There is also a Latino dressed in all pink that is listed in the GT3.img file, it is also listed in the Peds.ide file, but the spelling is different, no problem, after lightly modding my game and trying to learn via forums I have caught on, and can fix this...

There a "psycho" and .txd files with the word "hand" that I have not noticed or passed up during replaying the game to make this peds photo pack.

I did notice that any character that can be interacted with during missions is listed, but some are not listed in the GTA3.img, usually they are in cut scenes only. Or they were intended for Multi Player package..

Search engines and typing in all kinds of simple words proved worthless, when trying to find out if there were forum topics over this subject.

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, or if someone can re-direct me to a forum topic, or a readme.txt file that explains what or why certain .txd files that are listed but were cut out of game play, at the last minute before the games release. I have version1.0.. I cannot really spark any topic with the ones that own 2.0 to find out what was added, or if these peds, and or characters were cut out of the GTA3.img file completely.. Or if they can be found in game play..

I should also mention that it is also the PS2 Version that has the same missing peds..

And I also used the PEDS Editor tool, but peds that are listed in the PED.IDE file only appear in this tool.. And snapshots of peds using this tool took longer then just playing the game taking photos of peds as I notice them, was more fun, and took less time.

I notice when modding my GTA SA GTA3.file there were peds listed in the file but do not appear during game play..

I extracted all the peds, .txd files And used G-TXD to view the textured files, of all peds seen in story line missions and non-story line missions.. (388) files to be exact.. I have replayed the game and made a "peds photo pack folder". Pics of peds via the in game photo camera, and by also using the snapshot option CRTL+Ptr Scr/sysRq buttons. I go through the photos naming them as they are named in the GTA3.img file.. Thus a photos pack of peds..

While going through these I notice there are three different Motorcycle cops.. One for each major "state": Los Santos, San Ferrio, and Las Venturas, they are dressed differently, but while playing the game I only see the same dressed HWMC thur out the game..

There is also a Latino dressed in all pink that is listed in the GT3.img file, it is also listed in the Peds.ide file, but the spelling is different, no problem, after lightly modding my game and trying to learn via forums I have caught on, and can fix this...

There a "psycho" and .txd files with the word "hand" that I have not noticed or passed up during replaying the game to make this peds photo pack.

I did notice that any character that can be interacted with during missions is listed, but some are not listed in the GTA3.img, usually they are in cut scenes only. Or they were intended for Multi Player package..

Search engines and typing in all kinds of simple words proved worthless, when trying to find out if there were forum topics over this subject.

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, or if someone can re-direct me to a forum topic, or a readme.txt file that explains what or why certain .txd files that are listed but were cut out of game play, at the last minute before the games release. I have version1.0.. I cannot really spark any topic with the ones that own 2.0 to find out what was added, or if these peds, and or characters were cut out of the GTA3.img file completely.. Or if they can be found in game play..

Yes, I noticed this sort of thing quite awhile ago when going through the gta3.img file and other data files. Who knows exactly what Rockstar's reasoning was for leaving out certain peds, but in the case of the motorcycle cops, I imagine it was something like not having to code for the different regions and that it would be less 3d model & texture space being used during gameplay. Much easier to just use the same bike cop everywhere than add the extra logic, etc. to add them.

Also take into account that during development of the game, coders and artists are working simultaneously and things that were completed in one department might not get used later on by the other. This sort of thing is inevitable for large projects like this.

If you want to see some of these missing peds back in action, head to the Downloads section and look for my 'Hidden Peds' mod. I revived over 20 of them and you can get all the details there (the DL section) and in the mod itself. You should have no problems with it.

I kind of figured that Rockstar just simply messed up communication between personal and things got lost or just overlooked..

It never really struck me to look at this part of the Img Archive, I could replace a couple of the Peds in the PEDS.IDE, files with over the ones that look to be typo errors.. But the Motorcycle cops, is something I would like to figure out, and put into my game..

There is also a Mod out there called "Thing to do in San Andreas till your dead", this really is not a mod but more of a remake or update to the original files.

It claims to have all the Motorcycle cops, Bomb Garages, The Courier Mission from Vice city, and a ton more, including original building textures inside and out that exist in the GTA3 file but were cut. But I have not bothered to register to the gaming site in order to download it, hate that crap, you got to register to do anything on the internet these days..

I would rather bug Rockstar or get enough players, supporters to constantly hound RockStar to make a Uncensored, Uncut version of GTA San Andreas, and just sell it on from the official web site, make the people who want to buy it sign a waiver, that the buyers of the game are over 18+ and, even put in the waiver that the buyer can be sued for lying about there age, and any parent, legal guardian, that buys the game for those not at the age of 18+ can also be held liable, would actually be funny to see the idiots, whine and cry, when the lawsuits go against the people that really had no business buying the game..

I really do not understand why Rockstar just says **** it, and makes the game the way they really Intended and just sell it directly from there web site, with the (mentioned) waiver, that will get the liberals and conservatives to shut-up. And make another Version that is cut and cleaned for the general public..

Sorry for ranting, I know this is history, but I sometimes still get a little wound up over this... I am, well, I would not say hardcore, but I want to buy a video game with everything that the Artists and programmers itended to put in it.

I have read and heard statements from RockStar officials that claimed San Andreas took the PS2 engine to the limits, but this limit in PC's really does not

exist... If you build to the limit of what a Game Console can handle, you can build it way beyond that for a PC..

With the PS3 and the min., requirements for a PC needed to play GTA IV, they should have no problem remaking and adding everything they had originally planned for San Andreas..

But thanx for the info, It took some work to find those that out there that already knew about this, now I just need to find out who knows what to do to get motorcycle cops to work.. I have already viewed the main script, but I cannot get the Script reader to read the extracted, files out of the scirpt.img >.<