gta sa mods?

Cairo

It depends on the mod...

There are standard mods, and cleo mods..

There is the Cleo Program itself, which has a .exe file to auto install the Cleo files and folders directly to your GTA San Andrea (main) folder..

But you could also do it manually but for you I would use the auto install..

You install any mods that are for CLEO into the CLEO folder found in your :/rockstar games/GTA San Andreas/CLEO.. The Cleo mods are .sc (script files)

but this is where this CLEO Script mods go.

FOR .DFF and .TXD FILES

You need IMGtool2.0, it can be found in any GTA mod site, tho I would only trust the top mod sites..

You will need to extract the .dff and or .txd files from the GTA3.img file found in your Rockstargames/GTA San Andreas/models/ (folder)

Make an empty folder and call it GTA Backup, make it easier create another folder within that one called models (example name it whatever you want) place it on your desktop on in mydocuments, this is for backup FILES ONLY..

Then click the IMGtool.exe icon, of course after you extract the files in the .rar archive..This tool has instructions that are very easy to follow so this program will not be a problem to install and use..

Then go to the models folder and look for the GTA3.img file also simply seen as GTA3 it should have a different icon or picture to the icon, this is the IMGtool icon image.

Click the GTA3 file, a IMGtool window appears, you will see menu options, if you are going to replace .dff and .txd files look at the name of the file the mod maker named the .dff and .txd file.

Then back to the IMGtool window use the menu and the "find" option, type in the little "find" window the file name that the modder has named the .txt and .dff files, example buffalo.dff, it should be highlighted right click the file and tell it to extract it, you will extract this file to your backup folder, then right click the file in the GTA3.img file and delete the file.

Using the "find" option type buffalo.txd, extract this file to your backup folder. Then delete it out of the GTA3.img file.

Then you will use the "add" option, you will add both the modded files ONE AT A TIME... It Does not matter if you put the .dff or the .txd file in first, as long as you have both the .dff and .txd file in the GTA3.img file you will be okay.. Then use the "rebuild archive" once it is done rebuilding the archive you can try out your mods.

Again ONE AT A TIME I have tried to install both the .dff and .txd files at the same time but it only put one file into the GTA3.img file.. I tried this to save time and short cut installing files one at a time, but it does not work..

When you first look at the files listed you think holys**t I am going to be here for awhile, but using the "find" option makes it easier to find the file you want to extract (for backups), and to find the exact .dff and .txd file.. After a few times of mods you will notice how the files are group, and will be able to find the files automatically without the use of the "find" option.

If you have Version2 of GTA SAN ANDREAS mods will not work, CLEO and the usual .txd, .dff packaged mods... And I would not trust ANY OTHER TOOL FOR USE WITH THE GTA3 FILE.. I HAVE HAD AND I KNOW OF PROBLEMS WITH OTHER IMG EDITORS SO USE IMGTOOL.2.0 IT MAY BE A PAIN TO DO IT MANUALLY BUT THIS IS A TRUSTED TOOL AND IS THE MOST DOWNLOADED TOOL FOR THIS JOB..

IF YOU STILL DID NOT UNDERSTAND THEN GO TO YOUTUBE THEY HAVE VIDEOS FOR INSTALLING MODS..

Edited by SmokinRE4

• 3 weeks later...
How about read the read-me?

If there isn't one, link us to the mod. We will be able to help you better, that way. :)

If nned be go onto youtube they have videos that will show what I explained.. I know that some files do not have a readme file, to install the mod.

The videos are easy to follow, and there are a group of videos so I would look at a few, use youtubes search engine..

And again if you have version2 you need to downgrade your game to V1, V2 does not allow mods.. You could also probably find out how this is done on youtube also... I believe from reading other posts, this is a taboo subject to be talked about, in GTAPlace forums.. Youtube as alot of videos explaining step-by-step info, including how and where to download the mod..

I started out the same way but I am lazy and did not ask for help, I got it down on my own. But even knowing youtube had videos, I still took the route of figuring it out myself.. But use you tube and type in there search engine modding San Andreas

Edited by SmokinRE4